over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating Liver vs Plants

In countries where there is no grazing area at all, people live almost entirely off seafood and vegetation and have some of the highest life expectancies in the world. It seems like a game of musical chairs every 3-5 years as to what's healthy and what isn't.
These people are also typically small In stature and require few total daily calories. Everything you eat contains toxins of one sort or another. The less you eat the less you intake. This is what is proposed as the reasoning for this, along with a much higher daily intake of iodine than other populations which is thought to contribute as well

These people are also typically small In stature and require few total daily calories. Everything you eat contains toxins of one sort or another. The less you eat the less you intake. This is what is proposed as the reasoning for this, along with a much higher daily intake of iodine than other populations which is thought to contribute as well
But you see my point about the musical chairs right? So far I remember off the top of my head, beef is bad, then it's good then it's bad again. Same for vegetarianism, low fat diets, high fiber, seafood, grains, nuts, fruit and vegetable juices, etc.

Wasn't trying to contradict you brother.

But you see my point about the musical chairs right? So far I remember off the top of my head, beef is bad, then it's good then it's bad again. Same for vegetarianism, low fat diets, high fiber, seafood, grains, nuts, fruit and vegetable juices, etc.

Wasn't trying to contradict you brother.
No I totally get you. There’s evidence pointing to both being good and bad. Same with coffee, wine, etc. One study says it’s good for health, the next says it bad for you. I think these types of studies are typically done by someone with an agenda and they just prove their own bias. Everybody’s systems are slightly different anyways. All you can do is try it and see. Liver is loaded with nutrients, but I doubt it’s a magic bullet. When it comes down to it, I think it’s best for people to eat what likes them, and not what they like. If it causes indigestion, don’t eat it. If it digests well and you feel good? Go ahead working reason. I feel that beef digests and processes much more efficiently for me than chicken.
And I didn’t feel you were contradicting me, just playing devils advocate. All part of a healthy discussion

The other thing we have to factor in with a carnivore diet is micronutrient deficiencies. While you can get a lot of your daily nutrients from red meat, we’re going to be missing things like iodine, calcium, potassium, etc. so these would either need supplemented, or we should include things that specifically meet these micro nutrient needs like seaweed or cranberries for iodine, a little dairy for calcium, almonds for potassium etc.
This is essentially the premise behind the vertical diet. The way I eat is essentially varied animal protein, rice as a carb source, carrots, real cranberry juice, furikake seasoning on my rice, peppers and spinach for micros(both low fodmap) and some protein powder to reduce food volume. It’s about the only way I can eat enough food to fuel growth, while also feeling relatively good even though I’m usually quite full

Here is everything you MUST get. The rest your body can make on it's own. (I know I already posted this but it's a complete list)

Essential Fluids:
Water

Essential Vitamins:
Vitamin A
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Choline

Essential Minerals:
Calcium
Chloride
Chromium
Copper
Iodine
Iron
Magnesium
Manganese
Molybdenum
Phosphorus
Potassium
Selenium
Sodium
Zinc

Essential Amino Acids:
Isoleucine
Histadine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Tryptophan
Theonine
Valine

Essential Fatty Acids:
Alpha-linolenic acid
Linoleic acid

For veggies, it's about finding the ones which digest the best, but I am a believer in getting them in. For me, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper and green beans digest perfectly. I would never say veggies are "bad" and have tons of benefits. Certain cruciferous vegetables can be very hard to digest though making them anti nutrients. Night shades can cause issues in some too.

With liver, I have seen the reported benefits and amount of nutrients too. I do love chicken liver. Only thing to keep in mind is how the liver absorbs all of the toxins. Not sure how I feel about consuming it for this reason

With liver, I have seen the reported benefits and amount of nutrients too. I do love chicken liver. Only thing to keep in mind is how the liver absorbs all of the toxins. Not sure how I feel about consuming it for this reason
Toxins is a very good point. That's why getting liver from animal raised in an environment free of toxic substances that could get into their feed. It's getting more and more difficult to do.

Toxins is a very good point. That's why getting liver from animal raised in an environment free of toxic substances that could get into their feed. It's getting more and more difficult to do.
Yup which is why game meat is probably the best

For veggies, it's about finding the ones which digest the best, but I am a believer in getting them in. For me, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper and green beans digest perfectly. I would never say veggies are "bad" and have tons of benefits. Certain cruciferous vegetables can be very hard to digest though making them anti nutrients. Night shades can cause issues in some too.

Just as a side note, those veggies that you mentioned are all low fodmap veggies, hence why they agree with you. Here are some other low fodmap fruits and veggies 4DA79334-D3C4-4AF3-911B-D0E11B54CCD8.png

Also, when eating nuts, grains high in phytoplankton acid, spiriting or soaking can be very beneficial towards removing anti nutrients

Also, when eating nuts, grains high in phytoplankton acid, spiriting or soaking can be very beneficial towards removing anti nutrients
Stupid auto correct made this phytoplankton lol, supposed to say phytic acid. Also supposed to say sprouting, not spiriting

Not sure what you're looking for but here are my general thoughts.

I've eaten liver twice. I don't care for the taste and I don't see it being so beneficial that it's a must in the diet.

I only eat vegetables when my girlfriend cooks or at a restaurant. I've enjoyed vegetables my whole life - I prefer them cold and raw - but with my current goal of being huge I need as much room for protein and carbs as possible, so no vegetables in my daily diet. But I've taken Juice Plus' orchard / vineyard / garden blends for years to get some of the good stuff from them and I eat 12oz. of fruit every morning.

Overall I think plants are good in the diet and the stress response from polyphenols is likely overall beneficial.

I've followed Dr. Shawn Baker for years. Carnivore is essentially how I eat on weekdays when I diet down for the year. I definitely feel my best eating this way.

Final note - kids come up to me in the gym and tell me I look like Liver King. Don't feel bad if you don't know who he is, one of the kids had to show me.
I’ve been a Juice Plus +user for about 20+ years of my life. The last 2 years I’ve been strictly using the berry And omegas. Haven’t been sick once since going to that protocol. JP is something I’ll use the rest of my life because that’s how much I believe in it.

Polyphenols are supposed to elicit a stress response. This is basic hormesis. Similarly, training causes inflammation but we understand the adaptation process it elicits is extremely healthy.

That being said, I do eat liver. I make a traditional cajun dirty rice with rice, chicken liver, ground beef, ground pork, onions, celery, green peppers.
Yep.^^^ I will keep listening to Dr. Rhonda Patrick, everything else is just noise to me.

What does that matter? I've eaten it plain but why? Prepared right it's even better. Just as I do with ANY OTHER meal. The things you say sometimes...🤔

JFC, I could say I like beef and someone would say, "You need to eat more than just beef."
I don't know why you are coming at me like this?

I asked if you liked the taste of it or you had found special ways to prepare it where you have made it taste delicious.

I don't know why you are coming at me like this?

I asked if you liked the taste of it or you had found special ways to prepare it where you have made it taste delicious.
Coming at you? I already said earlier that I liked the taste plain or prepared. I don't see a problem here. Let's move on.

Liver pan fried hard in your favorite oil / butter with mushrooms onions and garlic!
Savory!

The problem with liver is you can not eat it every day or you run the risk of Vitamin A toxicity. Otherwise I actually made a meal plan that called for eating a pound of it daily.
I was all set to go until I found out about the vitamin A thing.

Great thread.

Been wanting to try the carnivore diet for a year but wussed out for 2 reasons.

1. I need my greens badly or I get locked up and I hate that feeling

2. I did that genetic testing and the extrapolated data revealed that avoiding saturated fats is a wise idea.

I don’t subscribe to the saturated fats are inherently bad narrative. That said, per my profile, it can have deleterious effects so I try to keep an eye on.

Liver pan fried hard in your favorite oil / butter with mushrooms onions and garlic!
Savory!

The problem with liver is you can not eat it every day or you run the risk of Vitamin A toxicity. Otherwise I actually made a meal plan that called for eating a pound of it daily.
I was all set to go until I found out about the vitamin A thing.
That's good though, right? Then when you do have it, it'll taste even better because you haven't burnt yourself out on it. It's just too rich in flavor and nutrients to 'abuse', if you will

To solve the Vitamin A problem, switch to heart, kidney or any other offal on your liver off days

Growing up on the farm, we grew up eating Calves liver coated in flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat up some butter and oil in the pan and plop it in. Then after the first flip, throw in an onion sliced or diced and continue to cook to desired doneness. Calves liver is best imo and has a much better taste than a seasoned/older cow, followed by venison (younger buck or doe) and rabbit liver for me and my tastebuds... I was never very fond of chkn liver unless is was floured and deep fried. We always had very clean living quarters for the chickens we raised but i always was told from a young age and felt the need to really cook the heck outta them. Chickens are just dirty no matter how clean environment is when you raise 200+ in a "small" area. Venison Heart is also amazing like this btw!

Reactions: td

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs