mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ever felt your Muscular Size was keeping your from growing Professionally?

I'm not huge with veins busting out or anything but I have found that in my field (construction) guys look up to a guy who takes care of himself physically and is sharp mentaly, guys will follow a person who is a take charge kind of guy who don't take no b.s. from general contractors/customers/union ba's or whoever for that matter

Maybe your management is like me. I always had pure contempt for people who took illegal drugs and grew muscle like cows prepping for the slaughter house.

You think people don't know why you are so big? What does the public think of steroids? Ask Mark McGuire. He is an extremely nice person and was always a fan favorite. Now? Not so much.

Im executive level Fortune 100. I crossed over from natty 4 years ago at 44. So I'm in the know and guilty as charged. I try very hard not to get obviously large, but sometimes I pop an extra cc for a few months and "wham" instant muscle. Impressive. People will question the judgement of anyone who chooses to take steroids. It doesn't scream management to me.

But maybe your veininess makes them feel too inferior to promote you. You may be right. :D:D:D!

I think it comes down to how one carries himself! In a positive professional manner I think that person deserves promotions and a raise, if some one is presenting himself to be this way and not receiving what he deserves by all means it because of discrimination and judgmental views towards your life out side of work, any ones size should not be taken accounted for when it comes to your job......

Now on the other hand if a person presents himself as a big dumb meat head lol well of course it is going to play a role in the job field....In a negative way....

This might sound biased but Carmax only promotes people to become Sales Managers who they like. Most Sales Managers make less then us SalesMen but they put in much less hours too. At this stage of my life i would like that.

In your initial post, you indicated your appreciation for a job with a healthy "Fortune 500" company, which offers you a competitive benefits package, etc. You also mentioned that you are currently 28 yrs. old. What do you mean by "at this stage of my life"? lol

Please do not take this the wrong way. But perhaps you should give that assertion some additional consideration. Are you married? Do you have school-aged children? Are you carrying a mortgage? Are you burdened with additional, unique, situational, time obligations? Are you caring for a sick loved one? If I were you, these are just a few of the questions I would ask myself. I'm 30. Just a couple years your senior. So I may not be as wise as some of the older guys here. But, in my honest, humble opinion, isn't this the stage in our lives where we should be working our hardest? Paying our dues, so to speak?

I'm a CPA. I also work for a Fortune 500 co. I've spent many late nights at the office, and many weekends couped up in my home office. I recently finished my part-time coursework for an MBA that I'll be receiving in May. I'm not trying to toot my own horn. My point is that.....well it seems somewhat foolish to want to back off now. This is the time to make a name for yourself.

And if you believe your image is in question, and the profession itself is not a true meritocracy, then maybe, if your willing to put in the time and money, you could consider going back to school and getting a different degree. Maybe look into something technical, like accounting, finance, or nursing. If I've learned anything in my career so far, its that hard work and enthusiasm generally prevail. If you combine those two characteristics with a tangible, technical skill-set, then you will start to set yourself apart from your ordinary peers. To be extraordinary, you need to accomplish extraordinary things. You have to be willing to do more than the next guy.

In your initial post, you indicated your appreciation for a job with a healthy "Fortune 500" company, which offers you a competitive benefits package, etc. You also mentioned that you are currently 28 yrs. old. What do you mean by "at this stage of my life"? lol

Please do not take this the wrong way. But perhaps you should give that assertion some additional consideration. Are you married? Do you have school-aged children? Are you carrying a mortgage? Are you burdened with additional, unique, situational, time obligations? Are you caring for a sick loved one? If I were you, these are just a few of the questions I would ask myself. I'm 30. Just a couple years your senior. So I may not be as wise as some of the older guys here. But, in my honest, humble opinion, isn't this the stage in our lives where we should be working our hardest? Paying our dues, so to speak?

I'm a CPA. I also work for a Fortune 500 co. I've spent many late nights at the office, and many weekends couped up in my home office. I recently finished my part-time coursework for an MBA that I'll be receiving in May. I'm not trying to toot my own horn. My point is that.....well it seems somewhat foolish to want to back off now. This is the time to make a name for yourself.

And if you believe your image is in question, and the profession itself is not a true meritocracy, then maybe, if your willing to put in the time and money, you could consider going back to school and getting a different degree. Maybe look into something technical, like accounting, finance, or nursing. If I've learned anything in my career so far, its that hard work and enthusiasm generally prevail. If you combine those two characteristics with a tangible, technical skill-set, then you will start to set yourself apart from your ordinary peers. To be extraordinary, you need to accomplish extraordinary things. You have to be willing to do more than the next guy.

I definitely agree with you. I am not married, have kids or a mortgage. Very little bills so to speak other than my car payment, rent etc. And yes the people who have grown the most are the ones who put in the most time "Sensibly" at work. By that i mean working hard but also working smart. The good thing is my line of work is that you can pretty much make as much as you want because we work on a commission basis and can come in to work as much as we like.

I definitely agree with you. I am not married, have kids or a mortgage. Very little bills so to speak other than my car payment, rent etc. And yes the people who have grown the most are the ones who put in the most time "Sensibly" at work. By that i mean working hard but also working smart. The good thing is my line of work is that you can pretty much make as much as you want because we work on a commission basis and can come in to work as much as we like.

As much as you want is relative in car sales. I don't see you breaking a100k as sales person at car max. The car business is not a fun business. I know this from friends and people I sold homes. Its a huge amount of hours for the okay money. Divorce rate is high. Stress is bad. Its not flowers from the sky and they guys that are sales managers live at work. Not worth it.

It has only helped me in my carreer. But like others have said, respect comes from how you carry yourself, not how big you are. Size does have a unique effect on first impressions, but over the course of a career you work closely with people who will get to know you better and their true opinions will ultimately come from how you treat others and carry yourself. A professional will always be a professional and a douchebag will always be a douchebag, regardless of size.
Peace to all,
M2M:cool:

for the first time in my life I felt like my size (I am not even big, 5'9" 195 lbs 12% bf I am a powerlifter) has affected the way some people think of me. I train a lot of athletes as well as normal folks (personal trainer) and a young athlete (12 yr old) came in with his mom looking for a trainer to help him become more athletic for school sports. Typically I am the go to guy for this in the gym, and my boss assigned him to me originally. I said hello to them as they were going through his eval and assessment and said I was looking forward to working with them. The next day the mother called and said to my boss that he didn't want to train with me because I intimidated him. I'll be honest it kind of got to me a little bit, it's NEVER happened to me before.

If you sell more vehicles than the other salesmen, then that could be the problem. Carmax is making money off of every vehicle you sell, so if you are making them more money than anyone else they won't want to promote you regardless of what you deserve. NEVER MAKE YOURSELF IRREPLACEABLE, or you will be stuck in that position, most companies anymore don't care about you, what you want, where you want to be, all they care about is where you will make them the most money. Politics and ass kissing plays a big role at most companies too. I've seen some people get promoted and just have to laugh because its such a joke.

If you sell more vehicles than the other salesmen, then that could be the problem. Carmax is making money off of every vehicle you sell, so if you are making them more money than anyone else they won't want to promote you regardless of what you deserve. NEVER MAKE YOURSELF IRREPLACEABLE, or you will be stuck in that position, most companies anymore don't care about you, what you want, where you want to be, all they care about is where you will make them the most money. Politics and ass kissing plays a big role at most companies too. I've seen some people get promoted and just have to laugh because its such a joke.

I disagree. In my sales experience(9 years in health clubs sales, and 10 years in new home sales), the big bosses looked at who had the best sales numbers when in came to promotions to mgr. That and the sales person expressed interest in it before hand. Most sales people dont want to be sales mgrs.

O/T. What happen with Derek Anthony.... and is Snooki pregnant.

Derek is ok and we just did SHOW #99! Next week is his 100th show, i've appeared on over 20 episodes. And yes, Snooks is preggers..:eek:

BBing size is good and bad depending on what the situation is. When it comes to "white collar" jobs, as in boardroom or office type jobs where you have to deal with others in a formal/semi-formal dress attire, BBing size can definitely hurt your future. Have you ever seen how the guys look at the Mr O all dressed up in 3 piece suites? They look totally ridiculous. That is pretty much how "average joe" will look at you even if you are not even close to Mr O type size. They are comparing you to every other "average joe" in the office and you look like a beast compared to them. If you are only a little muscular and in shape and could fit in a "normal" sized shirt, tie, and suite (but fill it out nicely), then you have a much better chance at a fruitful future in that environment as everyone can appreciate a "healthy" looking person (i.e. not BBer look).

Now if you work construction for example, then BBing size would definitely benefit you as you are dealing in a mostly all-male environment where dominance and power wins out most of the time.

There are always some exceptions, but in general, this is how peoples think of you if you are obvious BBing size.

can u show us how large u are so we know what the discriminating size limit is for the rest of us :D

all jokes aside, act as if, own your life, and grab the bull by the horns...be a proffesional like mountaindog said.

good luck in all your life choices sir

Your size and number of veins has nothing to do with it. You will always have a certain percent of people that don't like others for all kinds of reasons. They don't control everything.

You want to succeed professionally? Have the right credentials, enjoy your profession, smile, know your skills and know how to use them well, treat others well and be a good listener.

SMILE! This is the key! When you smile, you are no longer the big meat head bodybuilder, you are the nice guy that people will be drawn too. People are not intimidated with me atal and think I'm just a big softee.:D:):p:ac:ion-sm:acti:n-sm:action-sm:ange:-smi:angel:smi:che:ky-sm:che;ky-sm:cheeky;sm:cheeky-s;:cheeky'sm:cheeky-s':devil:smi

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity