over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For anyone who wants to get a wider back

now

thats impressive shit i thought i was wide for a lil guy but damn your wide for a giant good work bro!!

Phil is it

Pull ups

bent rows

and add in some heavy squating and you get a better back?

PHIDAS AND TP WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO YOUR LAST BACK WORKOUT..? give some of the guys a idea on how ya trained it..

HONESTLY? I dont have a number about about an hour of assisted pullups. I dont use a machine, i put my feet on a platform so i give myself only JUST enough to do each rep (takes some getting used to so you dont give yourself TOO much help). I use ALOT of variation though. I will pull my chest to the bar, my sternum to the bar, elbows in front, elbows back, hands wide, hands close, underhand.....i just go until my back is like FRIED. The great thing about using the feet on the platform is you can just help yourself more and more and make your sets PAINFUL and endless. Iv been on this for the last 4 weeks now doing JUST this and my back looks like it never has before and seems to be oddly leaner also. Never fail to be VERY sore the next few days after this.

In the past...TONS of T-bars with 25lb plates for more ROM, i like cable pullovers, hammer strength machines.

I dont believe there is a secret to training back. Just make sure you FEEL it and arent pointlessly moving heavy weight, because you could be using shoulders, delts, etc. to move the weight and your back doesnt get hit as hard. I dont believe in super heavy BB rows or crap like that, you HAVE to be able to feel it in the target muscle... Now i dont mean oh my back hurts, i mean pumped the fuck up SWOLLEN upper back and lats during the workout to where you feel like you are a mile wide and your back cramps when you contract it...THAT is feeling it...not lower back pains cuz you were jerking 405lb bb rows....

Sick juice! I've been focused on powerlifting for a while, but haven't actually gotten into the DC training. Looking forward to it.

the "back" is like any number of other muscles....You train it by bringing your elbows from the top/side of your head down to the sides of your body staying anywhere from touching/grazing your body to extended out perpendicular to the body.....NOW, how much and when is up to you. Bigger muscles from training will give an appearance of a wider back along with a smaller waist. A wide back is just a part of the whole "illusion" ...............you need depth or thickness to compliment/complete the picture. 2 exercises is all you need for this........in my opinion..........I see guys doing all these crazy exercises and basically doing a less intense version of what is really needed to be done.
I agree completely! NICE POST

PHIDAS AND TP WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO YOUR LAST BACK WORKOUT..? give some of the guys a idea on how ya trained it..

There's really no strict schedule for me as far as workouts (exercises/number of sets/reps, etc...) are concerned, and honestly each session is different from the last one... mainly based on the fact that depending on the hours I train the gym is more or less crowded, making it harder to have access to some machines or set of dumbells. The pulldown machine being absolutely unavailable between 6 pm and 9 pm for example... :p lol

But since you're asking for it, Lats, here's what I did for my last back day.

*Reverse grip pulldowns:

1 warm-up set for 15 reps
1 set with max weight I could handle for 10 reps
1 set with same weight 30 seconds or so later for as many reps I could (5)

* Chins (shoulders width stance):

1 set max reps I could (9)
1 set 30 seconds or so later for as many reps I could (6)

* Pullups behind the neck (I don't know how you call it... :p ):

1 set max reps I could (6)

* Bent over rows:

1 set with max weight I could handle for 8 reps
1 set with lighter weight for max reps (10)

* Seated cable rows - Reverse grip/shoulders width stance

1 set with max weight I could handle for 12 reps

And that's it (I even felt I had done too much :eek: ;) ).

No, the shirt didn't do it on it's own but the training program sure did. My back used to be one of my weakest body parts but now it's my strongest thanks to Dante and DC Training.

For anyone interested in jumping size by leaps and bounds I suggest DC Training and grabbing a DC shirt to let everyone know how you did it.

thats some V taper. Impressive!!

i dont know about any "secret" to back training, but a wise, wise man once said that if people focused more on a huge painful stretch (flare the lats hard on the negative) and less on the contraction on each and every rep, they would be a very very happy camper in terms of lat development...

maybe you just never knew how to train with high intensity. one set done correctly, IMO, will always bemore effective than any amount of sets done incorrectly.

when your done training dc style try combining that high intensity with high volume. watch soem jay cutler videos. sure, he looks like a fridge and has no vascularity, LOL, but he knows exactly how to train.

Do you really think Dusty didn't know how to train hard before working with Dante?

Do you really think Dusty didn't know how to train hard before working with Dante?

It's faster and less of a headache to just skip over his posts than try to explain. Hell if you look at my initial post you will see that I didn't claim that everyone should be training DC but that once I switched is when I saw the greatest results. To each his own but I'm sure glad I was able to convince Dante to take me under his wing.

just goes to show there are numerous way to hypertrophy.. both tp and phidas have great backs.. both train very different.. tp and phidas, how many days a week are you hitting the back on average..?

just goes to show there are numerous way to hypertrophy.. both tp and phidas have great backs.. both train very different.. tp and phidas, how many days a week are you hitting the back on average..?

About every 4 or 5 day. :)

How about you guess? What do you think they are?

Pull Ups and Dead Lifts
or
Pull Ups and Rows

For me I never do pull ups, which I think I need to rethink and add those. I only use Dead lifts, Rows and Lat pull downs.

Last edited:
About every 4 or 5 day. :)

Agreed. Split changed based on life honestly. If i wanna see my girl and shes free that day, il group chest/back together the following day. If my bro has a wrestling match, il do the same. Family gatherings, same. My split revolves around my life, but pretty much every 3-5 days no more no less.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws