over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gastroparesis (help please)

Itachi

Registered
Hey guys, if you don't know what gastroparesis is it's where your stomach contents won't digest or digest extremely slow which in turn leads to acid reflux etc.

In my case I vomit undigested food after it sits sometimes for over 12 hours. I've had this five years and was official diagnosed with it. I'm so sick of dealing with this. Imagine half of your meals you end up puking half a day later. Every day. With nothing getting absorbed.

They prescribed me Domperidone which is retarded. They give it to women to make them lactate and it sends your prolactin levels up to 13 times normal. It's almost like my choice is between lactating bitch tits and being able to eat.

Someone on here must be familiar with this. Please if someone is hiding a natural remedy to this please share it with me.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there's limited things to do and there's no cure.
The drug reglan usually helps to contact stomach muscle and move things

Unfortunately there's limited things to do and there's no cure.
The drug reglan usually helps to contact stomach muscle and move things
I'm afraid to use reglan because of all the side effects. I'm trying a load of natural aids at the moment.

Does sodium bicarbonate help?

Sodium Bicarbonate only helps if I do not use a proton pump inhibitor to stop the acid reflux that happens when the food is not digesting.
It doesn't help at all with the digestion or motility :(

Thanks for getting back to me though guys

Bro..

Relax, I've suffered from gastroparesis for YEARS, medically diagnosed and treatment and research into the condition is scarce. First line treatment is typically erythromycin to speed up gastrointestinal transit time which usually only works for a shorter period of time and have far more response in the pediatric populations. You can look into cyprohepatidine to..

Then you have reglan, which is a shitty drug as it crosses the blood brain barrier to stimulate gastrointestinal peristalsis placing you at risk for EPS symptoms, no thanks.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a script for domperidome? Do you have any idea how greatful you should be and have lucky you are to find a GI physician who has the ability to prescribe a non-FDA approved medication that is significantly safer and far more effective than any FDA approved medication? You should be happy as hell.

Domperidone is not going to jack your prolactin levels up, or make you lactate. Yes it's given to breastfeeding women to stimulate lactation and is quite effective but that is because there prolactin levels are already through the roof, yours are not. It works on the peripheral, not the Central.

I take between 20-40mg of domperidone daily and my prolactin was 6 on blood work. You have had gastroparesis for this long and have no found measures to control it?

-Hot water to dilate the duodenal sphincter?
-liquid meals?
-peppermint
-ginger
-strong digestive enzymes
-apple cider vinegar
-heating pads in gut shutdown
-eating laying on ur stomach when possible
-not eating for 4 hours after waking

Etc.

Gasparesis sucks, it destroys your life.. but domperidone helps 50% so worth it as do the measures above.

Also, find foods that cooperate with you.

No joke.. McDonald's sits with me the best.. for some reason my stomach processes it better than anything and no.. not diarrhea or anything. A 4oz steak or chicken clean eating can send me into gut shutdown looking 9 months pregnant unable to breath.. but going beast mode on the dollar menu at mcdonalds will leave me feeling amazing with a flat stomach, no stomach pains, acid reflux, no gut shutdown, etc. no diarrhea, no bloating.

Hell a cup of water causes more side effects than dominating mcdonalds. I often joke when I'm in gut shutdown.. I'm just going to live off mcdonalds because I can breath and function like normal, I don't feel like death unable to function.

It's only mcdonalds for the most part but makes you wonder. Sometimes I'll be in gut shutdown for 2-3 days and I'm like fuk it getting mcdonalds and bam in hours I'm back to normal.

Also, find foods that cooperate with you.

No joke.. McDonald's sits with me the best.. for some reason my stomach processes it better than anything and no.. not diarrhea or anything. A 4oz steak or chicken clean eating can send me into gut shutdown looking 9 months pregnant unable to breath.. but going beast mode on the dollar menu at mcdonalds will leave me feeling amazing with a flat stomach, no stomach pains, acid reflux, no gut shutdown, etc. no diarrhea, no bloating.

Hell a cup of water causes more side effects than dominating mcdonalds. I often joke when I'm in gut shutdown.. I'm just going to live off mcdonalds because I can breath and function like normal, I don't feel like death unable to function.

It's only mcdonalds for the most part but makes you wonder. Sometimes I'll be in gut shutdown for 2-3 days and I'm like fuk it getting mcdonalds and bam in hours I'm back to normal.

Ray Kroc loves you......

Attachments

• The_Founder_poster (1).jpg
    The_Founder_poster (1).jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 46
Most medications work can't help with gastroparesis, you should Keep hydrated and as nutritionally fit as possible.

I'm afraid to use reglan because of all the side effects. I'm trying a load of natural aids at the moment.

Sodium Bicarbonate only helps if I do not use a proton pump inhibitor to stop the acid reflux that happens when the food is not digesting.
It doesn't help at all with the digestion or motility :(

Thanks for getting back to me though guys
Just curious, but wouldn't a PPI make your food even harder to digest?

Ever considered supplementing with Betaine HCL and potentially digestive enzymes?

For me personally, Betaine HCL prevents acid reflux. For some people reflux is from low stomach acid, not high.

Just a thought, not sure if it will help you.

Bro..

Relax, I've suffered from gastroparesis for YEARS, medically diagnosed and treatment and research into the condition is scarce. First line treatment is typically erythromycin to speed up gastrointestinal transit time which usually only works for a shorter period of time and have far more response in the pediatric populations. You can look into cyprohepatidine to..

Then you have reglan, which is a shitty drug as it crosses the blood brain barrier to stimulate gastrointestinal peristalsis placing you at risk for EPS symptoms, no thanks.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a script for domperidome? Do you have any idea how greatful you should be and have lucky you are to find a GI physician who has the ability to prescribe a non-FDA approved medication that is significantly safer and far more effective than any FDA approved medication? You should be happy as hell.

Domperidone is not going to jack your prolactin levels up, or make you lactate. Yes it's given to breastfeeding women to stimulate lactation and is quite effective but that is because there prolactin levels are already through the roof, yours are not. It works on the peripheral, not the Central.

I take between 20-40mg of domperidone daily and my prolactin was 6 on blood work. You have had gastroparesis for this long and have no found measures to control it?

-Hot water to dilate the duodenal sphincter?
-liquid meals?
-peppermint
-ginger
-strong digestive enzymes
-apple cider vinegar
-heating pads in gut shutdown
-eating laying on ur stomach when possible
-not eating for 4 hours after waking

Etc.

Gasparesis sucks, it destroys your life.. but domperidone helps 50% so worth it as do the measures above.
👆👆👆This 100% 👆👆👆

I found that drinking some warm bone broth before eating meat helped. Cold food , heavy meat like beef , fruits and vegetables would lock me up for 10-12 hrs
egg whites , lite fish and whey isolate worked well for me as far as protein goes and highly refined carbs digested well

reglan sucks , but does work to a degree , Domperidone worked great for me with no adverse side effect at all.

Ever considered supplementing with Betaine HCL and potentially digestive enzymes?

For me personally, Betaine HCL prevents acid reflux. For some people reflux is from low stomach acid, not high.

So year's later, from my previous posts, I heavily stand behind them. But, I have in the past 3 years gotten very god control over my gastroparesis Wirh the addition of betaine pre meals, removing all ppis and h2s, more liquid meals, and realizing I don’t need anywhere near the amount of Cals I thought I did.

So year's later, from my previous posts, I heavily stand behind them. But, I have in the past 3 years gotten very god control over my gastroparesis Wirh the addition of betaine pre meals, removing all ppis and h2s, more liquid meals, and realizing I don’t need anywhere near the amount of Cals I thought I did.
Mofo that info you laid out is the kind of shit we need on digestive issues, i see it more an more in friends, bodybuilders etc

I see more and more people having digestive problems. Almost every person I talk to has acid reflux issues and issues with food digestion. I think tody's doctors are clueless and all they do is just prescribe a PPI and that alone will mess you up.

My gastroparesis (just want to be clear I was formally diagnosed with it) seemed to be related to acetylcholine levels. I've been able to self medicate with CDP choline.

Severe reflux with PPI & H2B failure + esophageal Z line changes concerning for Barrett's Esophagus = Nissen Fundoplication!
A great gastric bypass surgeon with a ton of experience...priceless.

Figured I’d share for those suffering….

I read an article that the root cause of gastroparesis is often times caused by vagus nerve inhibition.

Stimulating the vagus nerve (cold lasers, etc) and exercises that support this are all over YT and the internet these days. Not sure why but the vagus nerve seems to be a sexy topic these days. GL

This condition is caused by a few different factors...chemical and neurological, but also many are idiopathic.

You want to avoid anything that will slow down gastric emptying.

-Chew foods well
-Avoid high fiber meals. Particularly large particle fibrous foods.
-Casein will cause a gel to form in the stomach, once in contact with HCL acids, so i'd avoid that.
-Avoid fatty meals. However, liquid fats may be okay, but keep volume down, and see how they effect you. The size of the meal will factor in to this as well, obviously.
-Caffeine, ephedrine, narcotics, anticholinergics etc....will all slow down gastric emptying.
-If using AAS, i'd avoid any orals.

Try to incorporate:
-Small frequent feedings + some liquid meals.
-Maybe try GHRP-2 or 6.
-Solid vs Liquid meals.
-See how some digestive enzymes work for you, like papain, bromelain, cellulase, etc. They can be helpful in breaking down food so that a bezoar does not form.
-Pureed foods may help a lot.
-Using cream of rice will be preferred over that of oats, but some trial and error can be used, and especially in regard to amounts in each feeding. Potatos without the skin, etc. You get the point. Stuff that can digest quickly and fully.
-Whey isolate and hydrolysate will absorb fairly quick, as will EAA's and stuff we use in intra-workouts. I'd be careful with sugary foods, or at least use trial and error. HBCD may be of benefit in this case. The amount and volume should still be small and spread throughout the day. Egg whites and white fish (chicken too depending on amount) are probably ideal over other fatty sources.

You really want to avoid any undigested food (a bezoar) within the stomach reaching the intestinal tract.

Doing a quick search, it appears the 2 most common medications used for increasing gastric motility are Metoclopramide and erythromycin. I guess they have gastric pacemakers now that they can implanted. I do not have any first-hand experience with those, nor do I know anybody who has had one put in.

I would highly recommend Mag Calm. Seems to keep the stomach moving nicely as well as sleep dialed in. 2 servings before bed with some potassium, zinc, and a couple grams of gaba has been my go to for sleep for years and seems to really keep my stomach feeling clear and clean.

I would highly recommend Mag Calm. Seems to keep the stomach moving nicely as well as sleep dialed in. 2 servings before bed with some potassium, zinc, and a couple grams of gaba has been my go to for sleep for years and seems to really keep my stomach feeling clear and clean.
Doesn't work for many. It might be helpful for mild acid reflux.

Doesn't work for many. It might be helpful for mild acid reflux.
I’m sorry to hear that. After a car accident which I fractured my sacrum and damaged my vagus nerve. My gastroenterologist gave me some excercises which supposedly strengthen the nerve. I can’t tell you that this worked because I really don’t think it did for me but that doesn’t mean it won’t for you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131