over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

Agreed. What really pissed me off is how the WHO told everyone at first that it couldn't pass person to person, and then after it was discovered that was false they told us masks did nothing. The CDC fell right in line too. I think our government did it so that there wasn't a run on the n95 masks because they were worried about Healthcare workers. I dont like being lied to. I knew at the time that masks would help. About 2 or 3 weeks before this started in the US I went out shopping for the n95 masks but they were already gone. Ive got 2 n95 masks now, been wearing one on the rare occasion I must go out. Had those left over from the swine flu.

I almost scored some at Lowes, but was told a Chinese guy had come in 2 days prior and bought every mask that both of the Lowes stores near me had. He bought about 100. Told the workers he was sending them home to his family members in China.

i 100% agree and thats what every healthcare worker i know said at the time. We all said ofcourse it would help but they are telling us it wont because they dont have enough for everyone. I understand the arguement but as a physician i have the moral obligation to be honest. And fauci has been honest about everything i am aware of from a medical standpoint except that...and i understand WHY he said that. I dont konw if it was a group decision and if he was pressured into saying that or if he wasnt i dunno.... from a community standpoint i understand why it was said but it bothered me at the time and it still does.

I approach this from strictly a medical standpoint. Medicine is medicine and this is a new type of virus that isnt behaving like others. Recommendations will change based on the data we have available..thats the nature of medical progress. But i cant sit here and tell you testoserone doesnt build muscle just so i have more time to hoard some... just be honest to the best of your knowledge that you have available at the time. The mask comment is really the only thing im aware of that wasnt medically accurate that he said based on info available at times of statements.

Looking forward to gyms in the UK opening this time next week!

i 100% agree and thats what every healthcare worker i know said at the time. We all said ofcourse it would help but they are telling us it wont because they dont have enough for everyone. I understand the arguement but as a physician i have the moral obligation to be honest. And fauci has been honest about everything i am aware of from a medical standpoint except that...and i understand WHY he said that. I dont konw if it was a group decision and if he was pressured into saying that or if he wasnt i dunno.... from a community standpoint i understand why it was said but it bothered me at the time and it still does.

I approach this from strictly a medical standpoint. Medicine is medicine and this is a new type of virus that isnt behaving like others. Recommendations will change based on the data we have available..thats the nature of medical progress. But i cant sit here and tell you testoserone doesnt build muscle just so i have more time to hoard some... just be honest to the best of your knowledge that you have available at the time. The mask comment is really the only thing im aware of that wasnt medically accurate that he said based on info available at times of statements.
They decided that the Anerican population as a whole wasn't mature enough to not hoard the masks if they were told the truth and asked not to. Personally, I just wanted maybe 4 for me. I'm not worried about my family. Luckily I had the 2 from swine flu. They were in the kids' bathroom closet pushed to the back. Im reusing one and still got the other sealed up in the original bag.

Is there a way to clean those n95s at home? I'm guessing no.

They decided that the Anerican population as a whole wasn't mature enough to not hoard the masks if they were told the truth and asked not to. Personally, I just wanted maybe 4 for me. I'm not worried about my family. Luckily I had the 2 from swine flu. They were in the kids' bathroom closet pushed to the back. Im reusing one and still got the other sealed up in the original bag.

I cant say they were wrong.... the american population wasnt mature enough not to hoard toilet paper and rice.. sooo from a society standpoint i think there assumptions were probably correct lol

n95s are basically filters so by cleaning some people mean disinfecting like as a dr if i go into a patients room and worried about virus being lodged in the mask and disinfecting it like that.. for that part id basically let it sit on my dashboard of my car for a few hour and then wait a few days before using it again.

Cleaning it to remove debris ( dust, dirt etc) that gets lodge and impedes the flow through the mask. I dont know if any wy to do that with the mask currently available. Ppl are working on that for the current masks as well as designing new ones. Some people may argue that a mask because more efficient at trapping particles as it gets more "dirty". By that logic a brick wall over my face is awesome.... once it gets to dirty then too much restriction results and the normal brownian motion through the mask will take backseat to laminar flow through the edges with the face and it becomes less useful.

Gotgame, how long do you think the US will have to live with threat of shutdown? Masks and social distance are not a big deal, I like standing in line at Walmart now and not having people breathing down my neck haha!, but living with the constant threat of government deciding some people are not allowed to earn a living is truly a pain. You seem pretty in the know and that is really the big fear I and most people I know have. Everyone i know is at least respectful of the virus, it’s real and worse than the flu obviously, but for most I know the fear of losing job and not being able to support family is greater than the fear of virus. Not downplaying risk of the sickness but most people I know and myself are much more in fear of shutdown than getting sick. Maybe we are stupid, but still would like to get your opinion. Maldorff you too, I think we are in the same general region.
Thanks in advance guys.

Mal that may have been one concern but I think their main concern was much more serious. If they told everyone that they need to wear a mask as a strong defense against this virus and there wasn't enough to go around, some people would panic and violence would ensue with people being beaten and robbed just to get the protection. If that sounds far fetched which I don't think it is by any means, look what happens when a sports team wins a championship. There's always small minded people who lack basic emotional control that go on a destruction spree to celebrate. Now imagine these same people with the idea that if they don't get a mask they're going to get this virus and possibly die depending on their health. Even people who are primarily level headed but faced with a situation where they may become infected with a potentially lethal virus could fall victim to their emotions and do something that is out of character for them.

Gotgame, how long do you think the US will have to live with threat of shutdown? Masks and social distance are not a big deal, I like standing in line at Walmart now and not having people breathing down my neck haha!, but living with the constant threat of government deciding some people are not allowed to earn a living is truly a pain. You seem pretty in the know and that is really the big fear I and most people I know have. Everyone i know is at least respectful of the virus, it’s real and worse than the flu obviously, but for most I know the fear of losing job and not being able to support family is greater than the fear of virus. Not downplaying risk of the sickness but most people I know and myself are much more in fear of shutdown than getting sick. Maybe we are stupid, but still would like to get your opinion. Maldorff you too, I think we are in the same general region.
Thanks in advance guys.

I completely understand and if i was at risk of losing my job that would keep me up at night and not the virus itself.

Honestly...i have no clue. I was completely wrong back at the end of march. I had this discussion with two of my gym buddies last week in march. I said to them this partial lockdown thing isnt gonna work and this 15 days slow spread nonsense isnt gonna work. They will realize it..do a full lockdown like most other nations while using the defense production act to make n95 masks for the population and with the full lockdown it will give the healthcare system some breathing room to get ready. I told my friends i thought it would suck for a month but america is gonna get this taken care of and we will be back in the gym by end of april and it will be managable. Yea good call gotgame...good call..lol

But if i had to make a prediction ill play along as im waiting for my breakfast to digest before i do my backyard workout.

I expect the american population is getting smarter and realizing there is increased community spread based on the percent positive testing result and people seeing it for themselves in areas like fl, texas, ca an arizona. My parents live in FL and there friends were thinking it was a bunch of bs back in april...now they are pissed at there governor and know its legit. So as people start realizing its real they will start doing what they can to protect themselves..but heres the issue...

The USA blew there chance. We spent trillions of dollar and the american people put there lives on hold in march and april and early may...we could do that then and i support giving people money who we told your not allowed to work ( but not more then they were already making..different dicussion). but that was a one shot deal to get it under control and do what as needed and we blew it so now people mentally and financially cant do that again and it puts us in a bad position, and quite frankly embarrasing when a large portion of the world was able to get it under control ( no its not just increased testing...)

So what i think will happen... cases will get slight worse and stabilize by mid august.. They may even trend down by Sept and then you will have people being like seee we told you so...not a big deal! we beat the 2nd wave! vaccines almost here! go back to your lives. but thats sept. By october you will start to see the beginning of a real second wave as well as start of flu season which is going to stress our healthcare systems. We will see hotpots shut down again. You will see some schools reopen ( some certainly could to a degree with precautions) but all you will need is a few confirmed cases and some children to either die ( yes some have) or have serious complications from the virus or spread to family members and it will run like wildfire through the news and parents will panic. I think we will at some point see confirmed cases from places like disney world and then that will be forced to shut.

Then theres the issue of vaccines. I fully believe that the future for vaccine production will be using mrna technology like moderna is using but i want long term safety data on that technology. I personally feel that its being pushed too quickly for political reasons and skipping steps for phase 3. If a classic dna vaccine for covid is brough to market id certainly get it the first day. Im not sure if id get mrna tech vaccine until i see long term data, i just feel its not going through the process that i trust.

Vaccine "success" will probably be announced in the fall but we wont have real phase 3 data and we are still learning about how long immunity may or may not last ( if at all...).

So thats the long way of saying i think we will be dealing with this until maybe march 2021 will rolling shutdowns. I purchased an elliptical yesterday as i was pretty confident i wont have any sort of gym stability until then. Little by little im building more home gym equipment. Im making another home depot run this afternoon

Mal that may have been one concern but I think their main concern was much more serious. If they told everyone that they need to wear a mask as a strong defense against this virus and there wasn't enough to go around, some people would panic and violence would ensue with people being beaten and robbed just to get the protection. If that sounds far fetched which I don't think it is by any means, look what happens when a sports team wins a championship. There's always small minded people who lack basic emotional control that go on a destruction spree to celebrate. Now imagine these same people with the idea that if they don't get a mask they're going to get this virus and possibly die depending on their health. Even people who are primarily level headed but faced with a situation where they may become infected with a potentially lethal virus could fall victim to their emotions and do something that is out of character for them.

Good point Bio.

Probably some truth in what you guys say, but it still doesn't change the fact that the government lied to us. That drastically affects the trust that the people have for the government. People that had fully trusted the government no longer do. In the long run the lie might have done more harm than good. Now whenever the government comes out with a recommendation, true or not, people are much more likely not to follow it.

I completely understand and if i was at risk of losing my job that would keep me up at night and not the virus itself.

Honestly...i have no clue. I was completely wrong back at the end of march. I had this discussion with two of my gym buddies last week in march. I said to them this partial lockdown thing isnt gonna work and this 15 days slow spread nonsense isnt gonna work. They will realize it..do a full lockdown like most other nations while using the defense production act to make n95 masks for the population and with the full lockdown it will give the healthcare system some breathing room to get ready. I told my friends i thought it would suck for a month but america is gonna get this taken care of and we will be back in the gym by end of april and it will be managable. Yea good call gotgame...good call..lol

But if i had to make a prediction ill play along as im waiting for my breakfast to digest before i do my backyard workout.

I expect the american population is getting smarter and realizing there is increased community spread based on the percent positive testing result and people seeing it for themselves in areas like fl, texas, ca an arizona. My parents live in FL and there friends were thinking it was a bunch of bs back in april...now they are pissed at there governor and know its legit. So as people start realizing its real they will start doing what they can to protect themselves..but heres the issue...

The USA blew there chance. We spent trillions of dollar and the american people put there lives on hold in march and april and early may...we could do that then and i support giving people money who we told your not allowed to work ( but not more then they were already making..different dicussion). but that was a one shot deal to get it under control and do what as needed and we blew it so now people mentally and financially cant do that again and it puts us in a bad position, and quite frankly embarrasing when a large portion of the world was able to get it under control ( no its not just increased testing...)

So what i think will happen... cases will get slight worse and stabilize by mid august.. They may even trend down by Sept and then you will have people being like seee we told you so...not a big deal! we beat the 2nd wave! vaccines almost here! go back to your lives. but thats sept. By october you will start to see the beginning of a real second wave as well as start of flu season which is going to stress our healthcare systems. We will see hotpots shut down again. You will see some schools reopen ( some certainly could to a degree with precautions) but all you will need is a few confirmed cases and some children to either die ( yes some have) or have serious complications from the virus or spread to family members and it will run like wildfire through the news and parents will panic. I think we will at some point see confirmed cases from places like disney world and then that will be forced to shut.

Then theres the issue of vaccines. I fully believe that the future for vaccine production will be using mrna technology like moderna is using but i want long term safety data on that technology. I personally feel that its being pushed too quickly for political reasons and skipping steps for phase 3. If a classic dna vaccine for covid is brough to market id certainly get it the first day. Im not sure if id get mrna tech vaccine until i see long term data, i just feel its not going through the process that i trust.

Vaccine "success" will probably be announced in the fall but we wont have real phase 3 data and we are still learning about how long immunity may or may not last ( if at all...).

So thats the long way of saying i think we will be dealing with this until maybe march 2021 will rolling shutdowns. I purchased an elliptical yesterday as i was pretty confident i wont have any sort of gym stability until then. Little by little im building more home gym equipment. Im making another home depot run this afternoon

Thanks for the detail response. It all sounds like it makes sense especially about the fall. I hope social distance and mask in public will stay and make the necessity of shutdowns less but I think you are probably going to be right. I like the part about not giving people a raise for not working haha!, that just sounds like common sense

March 2021 is actually not a horribly long time away. If they can get a decent vaccine and maybe a treatment protocol by then and still keep social distance and mask use in crowds that would be great.
I hope people do the right thing to preserve as much freedom as can be safely used. For the most part social distance and mask use are minor inconvenience especially in relation to lockdowns. I wish more of the my freedom crowd would see it as such.

School is a mess. I have a feeling many more kids will be held back after this year of distance learning is done for a majority of the year, my kids will probably be among that group. But at least mine are young, they are starting first grade so it is not as big of a deal if they get held back as older kids. Who knows maybe kids will adapt. My kids did not learn well with e learning last spring, but in 20 years if they repeat the first grade no one is going to care and if it is necessary so they can progress as well as can be from here it is worth it. The education of kids is a long game, a marathon and not a sprint, I think patience and understanding may be a good thing this year. Plus my wife and I both work during the day so we can’t really teach them till later in afternoon and my wife doesn’t speak English real well so we are in a little less good situation than some for e learning.

I don’t have the extra income for home gym but my parents have one in their basement that is not used. My nephew trained there in high school. Has power rack, adjustable bench, curl bar, and some adjustable dumb bells and a treadmill!! But my parents would be upstairs, so it is as off limits as any gym if things get closed again. So close but so far haha!

Thanks again, appreciate the response, actually is very positive I think in outlook and very realistic. You show a good feel for how people behave.

Most viruses that are researched never have a vaccine produced for them, just looking at HIV shows me that. And those that do have about a 10 year run to develop and test them safely. There is no way to do long term testing in a short time. And as previous SARS vaccines have shown rushing them to market can have very negative consequences. What I would like to know is what is the governments plan B or C for this pandemic.

Most viruses that are researched never have a vaccine produced for them, just looking at HIV shows me that. And those that do have about a 10 year run to develop and test them safely. There is no way to do long term testing in a short time. And as previous SARS vaccines have shown rushing them to market can have very negative consequences. What I would like to know is what is the governments plan B or C for this pandemic.

Thus far we have had zero success with any plan. We still have testing taking 7-14 days for results in many places around the country. What makes you think we even have a plan B or C or that it wouldn't be just as bad of shit show.

Thus far we have had zero success with any plan. We still have testing taking 7-14 days for results in many places around the country. What makes you think we even have a plan B or C or that it wouldn't be just as bad of shit show.
I don't necessarily think there is any real plan. Much less more then one plan. But there should be. I would like to hear all options. Which would still be about picking the better of the crap offered.

I don't necessarily think there is any real plan. Much less more then one plan. But there should be. I would like to hear all options. Which would still be about picking the better of the crap offered.

oh cmon thats not fair... there are well defined A, B and C plans.

A: Miraculously disappear.

B: Disappear in summer with heat and UV

C: Current plan of pretend like its under control, expose enough people in the process to obtain herd immunity by end of second wave under the assumption that one actually becomes immune and that immunity will last long enough to prevent a 3rd wave.

Obviously the above is slightly in jest.... ok being serious now.. What i think the plan was/is is to give the healthcare system some time to prepare for the increased cases which was what the partial lockdown was. From there you have both democrats and republicans attempting to use this crisis to get votes and both parties are trying to buy votes between now and november at the expense of a huge national debt and screwing over future generations. The current plan seems to try to defect blame from the central gov to smaller states and local gov. Unfortunately when you have elected politicians it can turn into a popularity contest and people dont want to do unpopular things particularly in an election year. So while other nations had physicians making the tough choices i am embarrassed with how the USA handled it and continues to handle it.

I think its gonna be a lot of doing nothing/pretending to do something while blaming someone else for the bad outcomes all until a vaccine is developed ( by physicians and PHD's who have given there lives to science but people dont wanna to believe when they tell them something they dont wanna hear...) and then which ever political party is in power will claim victory and for something the medical/research community accomplished by working together and sticking to the science.

As some of my comments may come off one way or another... i have no political party ( i have registered at different times just to vote in primaries etc but thats just to vote not on a perm basis). I assess each situation on it own merit based on the facts. I vote for whomever i feel is best person for the job. Ive voted for every political party at different times for local,state and national level. I do not blindly follow anyone in any situation.

Gyms here were told to close down again by the governor. Fortunately my city wont enforce the shutdown, so my gym is staying open unless/until the county comes in and forces it to close. But even if/when that happens, my buddy who owns the gym is willing to fight it as long as he can to stay open. Obviously he would eventually lose that fight and be forced to shut down. But perhaps, if it comes down to that, which I think it probably will, it may just give us another extra day or two in the gym before it happens.

What city are you in?

If anyone thinks DRs and scientists are in charge when it comes to this bullshit you are sadly mistaken. This is nothing but pure politics. You can rest assured that the virus and even the rioting will miraculously stop on November 4th, the day after the election.

Live your lives, you are all worried about something with a death rate of .04%, seriously. I have lost all faith in my fellow Americans, the amount of nonsense and tyranny they will swallow knows no bounds. Lambs led to slaughter.

Get off the personal politics!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneWolf22
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity