over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

The owners of Atilis gym in NJ were arrested. The owners removed their doors because NJ locked them out a few weeks ago. They were living in the gym and kept it open but they were arrested today.

Gym owners arrested for defying Gov. Murphy’s shutdown order

The owners of Atilis Gym were arrested Monday morning in the latest chapter of the New Jersey gym’s repeated defiance of the state’s coronavirus protocols, the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office announced.

The arrests came just days after a judge ruled the the owners were in contempt of court and could begin facing fines for keeping their gym open, despite Gov. Phil Murphy’s order that gyms cannot be open as the state continues to battle the coronavirus pandemic.

Ian Smith, 33, of Delanco Township, and Frank Trumbetti, 51, of Williamstown, were charged with one count of fourth-degree contempt, one count of obstruction, and one count of Violation of a Disaster Control Act.

The men were transported to the Bellmawr Police Department, where they were charged and then released.

Authorities said they observed a number of people entering and using the gym throughout the weekend after Judge Robert T. Lougy issued a court order Friday for Trumbetti and Smith to vacate the gym and cease operations.

Police said both owners refused to leave the gym when asked Monday and were subsequently arrested.

Smith’s attorney, James Mermigis, said the gym was boarded up by authorities Monday and the owners do not have access to get inside.

He said he is unsure what Smith and Trumbetti’s next step would be, but he remained adamant that Murphy’s order to have gyms still shutdown is “unconstitutional” when activities like gymnastics and martial arts have re-opened at certain capacity limits.

“I do believe the governor is overreaching and I do believe this has gone too far,” Mermigis said.

After Judge Lougy’s ruling Friday, Smith told NJ Advance Media they will do “whatever we possibly can” to fight the decision, and he planned to remain in the gym until authorities removed him.

“We will not leave this building under any circumstances unless they take us out in handcuffs,” Smith said.

Running your gym = getting arrested. Throwing molotov cocktails at innocent police and rioting = acceptable behavior.

This my friends is why people are not taking the virus and the restrictions imposed seriously. How can you when the rules clearly are based on politics and lack any consistency or common sense.

This my friends is why people are not taking the virus and the restrictions imposed seriously. How can you when the rules clearly are based on politics and lack any consistency or common sense.
Agree, it's hard to take it serious when indoor dining is closed in the same state where they are having a massive funeral procession for a career politician.

The owners of Atilis gym in NJ were arrested. The owners removed their doors because NJ locked them out a few weeks ago. They were living in the gym and kept it open but they were arrested today.
Talk about Gestapo tactics!

The constitution of the state of NJ grants the governor more executive authority than any other state in the union. Combine this fact with having an in-over-his head power hungry buffoon in charge and we have the steepest uphill battle in regards to curbing his power and opening all businesses including gyms.

It's BS in NJ...I've known Frank for over a decade he's real good people

I saw in florida a gym owner was arrested for not forcing members to wear masks, disgusting. Land of the not so free and not so brave is trying to rival china in terms of totalitarianism

It's BS in NJ...I've known Frank for over a decade he's real good people

Saw him on the news, felt bad for this guy. What I don't get, why shut him down, not on case from his gym?
Also, I find it ironic, 60 days of protesting on Portland but not one word of an upscale in cases in Portland? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Since personal politics keeps coming up despite warnings in any of these COVID threads, the thread is now closed. It may be reopened at a later date.

This thread is only for the discussion of Gyms that are closed, open or opening! Leave ALL personal politics out of it!!

No plans to open gyms in NYC and NJ anytime soon but schools will open in less than a month in both states. How many gyms will be left after this? NY has over 700 gyms/fitness businesses suing the state.

Just opened yesterday. I worked my way up to my usual warm up weight! Temps are taken upon arrival. 25% capacity, masks required , but not during the actual set or when doing cardio. Half of the equipment has signs to not use to maintain social distancing. And of course many are not wearing their mask after they check in. People taking the signs off the machines to use them etc. Pretty much what it thought would happen.

As far as I know there is only one non-crossfit style traditional gym in NJ that is legally operational and that is because it is outdoors. It will do for now and is limited, but it is more than what I have in my basement.

As far as I know there is only one non-crossfit style traditional gym in NJ that is legally operational and that is because it is outdoors. It will do for now and is limited, but it is more than what I have in my basement.

I heard there is a gym in point pleasant that moved outside.

This whole gyms being closed down during Quarantine is rediculous!

Gov't is crooked!

Cali gyms are still closed with no estimated reopen date. Many of the indie gyms are going underground. Like Fight Club. And the first rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about Fight Club. https://images.app.goo.gl/N23k7Cy8rELgc3yK8

Rogue is your friend people. I’m almost done with my home gym and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. No idea why I didn’t do this sooner. I train when I want, how I want. My music, my rules and don’t have to answer to nobody. Even the wife is involved and loves it as much as I do.

As I stated previously, the way things are going I want to separate from society as much as possible. The sheep out there can take all their mask bullshit and shove it. I don’t want some arbitrary “mandates” dictate how i live, especially the gym which is supposed to be my escape from reality. Fuck that!

If you have the space and finances to do it, just do it. You won’t regret it

Rogue is your friend people. I’m almost done with my home gym and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. No idea why I didn’t do this sooner. I train when I want, how I want. My music, my rules and don’t have to answer to nobody. Even the wife is involved and loves it as much as I do.

As I stated previously, the way things are going I want to separate from society as much as possible. The sheep out there can take all their mask bullshit and shove it. I don’t want some arbitrary “mandates” dictate how i live, especially the gym which is supposed to be my escape from reality. Fuck that!

If you have the space and finances to do it, just do it. You won’t regret it
What are your membership rates at the moment?? Lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member