over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honest opinion...

VNV

Registered
Okay guys, I need your honest opinion.

Let's hypothetically say I know this guy. His name is VandV. He was 155 lbs at 5'11" in high school with around 8% bodyfat. Never was involved in athletics.

He decides he wants to get buff 'cause he has a lot of energy and is the obsessive type. He works out for the next five years, non-stop, and counts calories on a scale daily. The workouts are full-body stuff 'cause he's an scrawny ecto.

Two years into it, he gets up to 165 lbs and then plateaus. He's a little bigger, but hardly any stronger.

Then he juices. Over five years of working out and running four cycles of test., he gets up to 235 on cycle, but never gets over the low 190s off-cycle with around 10% bodyfat, and he strength is still pathetic.

He wants to be a big boy. Maybe even step on stage in an amateur show one day. But at 25 years old and 193ish, he knows he just doesn't have the genes to be a monster.

Should he continue his pursuit of muscle freakdom, running cycles into his elderly age? Or should he just throw in the towel and accept that there's no way he's going to break the 200-lb. barrier off-cycle?

Has he given his best shot and fallen short, or should he keep on pace, busting his ass off for years to come, in hopes of maybe one day becoming the beast he wishes he was?

This hypothetical guy you know should MOST DEFINITELY NOT GIVE UP!
If he keeps hitting the weights hard, cycles just right, keeps his diet RIGHT ON TRACK, and has absolute determination to get huge, he will get there one day!

Ronnie coleman is in his 40's, it took him a while to get to the size he is now. It takes years, and years of HARD training, HARD dieting, and the choice of drugs to get to that size. Tell this friend of yours to never give up! he will get there one day!

Who gives a crap about genetics. Sure, the limit you to SOME extent, but they can be surpassed! As long as the weights moving up, and the calories are moving up, the scale will move up.

Tell him to keep going!

Okay guys, I need your honest opinion.

Let's hypothetically say I know this guy. His name is VandV. He was 155 lbs at 5'11" in high school with around 8% bodyfat. Never was involved in athletics.

He decides he wants to get buff 'cause he has a lot of energy and is the obsessive type. He works out for the next five years, non-stop, and counts calories on a scale daily. The workouts are full-body stuff 'cause he's an scrawny ecto.

Two years into it, he gets up to 165 lbs and then plateaus. He's a little bigger, but hardly any stronger.

Then he juices. Over five years of working out and running four cycles of test., he gets up to 235 on cycle, but never gets over the low 190s off-cycle with around 10% bodyfat, and he strength is still pathetic.

He wants to be a big boy. Maybe even step on stage in an amateur show one day. But at 25 years old and 193ish, he knows he just doesn't have the genes to be a monster.

Should he continue his pursuit of muscle freakdom, running cycles into his elderly age? Or should he just throw in the towel and accept that there's no way he's going to break the 200-lb. barrier off-cycle?

Has he given his best shot and fallen short, or should he keep on pace, busting his ass off for years to come, in hopes of maybe one day becoming the beast he wishes he was?

Post some pictures, than we can get you a honest opinion. What does he want. To be Pro? What about starting at some regional shows? I won 2 bodybuilding shows at 6"1" at 205-209. He just has to be great shape, lean as shit, and have some decent genectics. Remember this is a hobby, you are not going to make a living out of it, so just have some fun. If he is making improvements every year he is doing fine. Remember, keep in mind, Health First.;)

Post some pictures, than we can get you a honest opinion. What does he want. To be Pro? What about starting at some regional shows? I won 2 bodybuilding shows at 6"1" at 205-209. He just has to be great shape, lean as shit, and have some decent genectics. Remember this is a hobby, you are not going to make a living out of it, so just have some fun. If he is making improvements every year he is doing fine. Remember, keep in mind, Health First.;)

Pest.. I mean pesty :p, does have a point. You.. Sorry.. your friend isnt going to make a living off of this, well maybe one day :p. health should be his number one concern! Always!

Hey thanks natabolic, that was very inspiration. I'm sure my buddy appreciates that. After five years of "no thanks, I don't eat that..." and, "sorry guys, can't go out--I hit the gym this morning," and only 30 lbs to show, doubts start to creep in. It's like, the more serious you get, the less supportive others are. When the bodybuilding bug bites, some people are infected for life.

pesty, let me see if I can get some pics. It'll be a few minutes. He doesn't want to be pro because of the long-term health risks. He does, however, want to do it competitively, at some level, to keep motivated. Maybe he should look at what regional shows are around and set a goal? That's nice to hear at your height and weight you did so well. Inspiring. Way to go!

Thanks guys. This is a great community.

Well, I know a guy, say his name is Queefer;) , and he lifted for 10 years and never got over 200. But then, he took a bite of the forbidden fruit and started growing. He only put on about 5 or 6 pounds a year, but lo and behold, 10 years later he's a lean 260(and rather handsome I might add). The moral of my (I mean his) story is... this is a long journey, not a sprint. Slow and steady wins the race:)

some people just done have the genetics to be a monster - so what. i respect that your friend has dedication, thats admirable. some people are dedicated to find the best weed they can get and smoking after work, some people are dedicated to destroying their liver before age 30 with alcoholism. so even if your friend isnt a monster he has a good goal. it doesnt matter if he may not reach that goal, its the struggle to get there that defines us as men.

it does kinda suck though some guys just got those genetics. there is a particular pro on this board, i will not name him. he lives off growth hormone, and drinks 3 of those crappy blue thunders per day and eats taco bell. his most intense sets are GUARANTEED less intesity that your laziest warmup. and he's JACKED. thats all genetics.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm

He should not give up at all but if he really wants it what he needs to do is this.
For one year, forget about the scale, and eating clean, and all the other nonsense. He needs to EAT and he needs the right program to put on the most amount of size in the shortest amount of time. Something along the lines of DC training will do this if he is serious about it and can deal with the pain. I have no reason to believe he will not be looking seriously jacked if he does this.....

Hey thanks natabolic, that was very inspiration. I'm sure my buddy appreciates that. After five years of "no thanks, I don't eat that..." and, "sorry guys, can't go out--I hit the gym this morning," and only 30 lbs to show, doubts start to creep in. It's like, the more serious you get, the less supportive others are. When the bodybuilding bug bites, some people are infected for life.

pesty, let me see if I can get some pics. It'll be a few minutes. He doesn't want to be pro because of the long-term health risks. He does, however, want to do it competitively, at some level, to keep motivated. Maybe he should look at what regional shows are around and set a goal? That's nice to hear at your height and weight you did so well. Inspiring. Way to go!

Thanks guys. This is a great community.

Glad I could help bro. I can relate to you. If you try and explain to your buddy's friends how dedicated he is, they will understand.. my friends were the same, they just thought i was blowing them off. Just make sure your buddy sticks to his diet, training, etc. He will get the results he wants!;)

2 yrs into it and this hypothetical person isn't getting stronger? diet and routine. I see people in the gym year after year working their little hearts out (working harder than myself) and they look the same year after year. What I observe isssssssssssss

#1 they don't watch their diet. You can see the tail in their tricep, the fingers in their delts, their abs sticking out and they ask me "why am I not growing" you're not eating properly for the amount of calories ya burn and protein needed for repair. When you're massing to get bigger and stronger, I really shouldn't see the fingers in your delts... oh some pro in here know how to grow lean, but why take the chance? who cares if ya get fatter?

#2 special exercises: OMG they do all these real cool special exercises they picked up in the latest muscle and fitness. Last month's issue was about using chains and rubber straps on the bench press...cool! Now I'm seeing people in my gym doing that just because of that issue, bullshit... leave that crap at the Olympic Training Center in Colo Springs!
Keep it simple stupid. Don't work so hard! Stick with olympic free weights as much as possible. Rest between sets, don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Don't do so many different exercises per muscle group. Chest day until you have a solid base..hell just bench and maybe incline dumbell press and that's it.

I'm not saying you're doing this... this is what I observe in the gym. Amatuers like me don't repair at the rate pros on this board repair at... LESS IS MORE!
I'm just back in the game and for 2 mo's I was working out twice a day pounding the same muscle twice in one day then 7 days rest for that muscle group. I was getting thick and strong fast! Then last week I was going backward! OMG! *wink* I rested a day and went back to the typical rountine... 3 on one off and boom! growing and getting stronger again.

Again I stress eating...don't worry about how you look on the beach until you're at goal. That's my two cents...

Thank you

Well, I know a guy, say his name is Queefer;) , and he lifted for 10 years and never got over 200. But then, he took a bite of the forbidden fruit and started growing. He only put on about 5 or 6 pounds a year, but lo and behold, 10 years later he's a lean 260(and rather handsome I might add). The moral of my (I mean his) story is... this is a long journey, not a sprint. Slow and steady wins the race:)

I knew it. Q gets a part in a movie and it's gone to his head all ready;)

Maybe your friend should get some professional help.

Someone that can give him programs diets and AAS advice.

There is a reason behind pros having trainers...

He should not give up at all but if he really wants it what he needs to do is this.
For one year, forget about the scale, and eating clean, and all the other nonsense. He needs to EAT and he needs the right program to put on the most amount of size in the shortest amount of time. Something along the lines of DC training will do this if he is serious about it and can deal with the pain. I have no reason to believe he will not be looking seriously jacked if he does this.....

shit heavy training and massive food intake usually do the trick nicely ;)

If he is serious enough to compete and is putting bodybuilding at the top of his priority and is not getting the gains he desires.. Then there is a lack of education on his part... So my advice is...

1. Read and read and read up on every aspect of nutrition, gear, and training
2. Change your routine.. Obviously your eating, choice of gear, or training is not working for your genetics.
3. Hire some help!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner