over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how does hydrocodone affect your mind??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hydrocodone may be listed in the PDR as a drug for mild-moderate pain relief, but that is only because of its dosing. It is usually only prescribed in 5-10 mg doses, with tylenal or Ibuprofen added to it.

In reality, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, and heroin are almost identical in strength, per mg. In fact, the 3 are seperated, in terms of potency, by less than 2%. In order of strength per mg, they are as follows:

1.) Heroin
2.) Hydrocodone
3.) Oxycodone

It is commonly thought that Hydro is not as strong as Oxy, but this is untrue, with Hydro actually being very slightly stronger, per mg. The likely reason for this confusion is due to the dosing amounts utilized per pill with these drugs. Oxycodone is prescribed as Oxycontin, which goes up to 160 mg per tablet. With Hydrocodone, common preparations stop at 10 mg per pill and almost always contain anti-inflamatories, whereas Oxycontin does not have any anti-inflamtories added to it. This allows Oxycodone-Oxycointin to be taken in much larger dosages without fear of liver damage, while also consuming far less pills.

Heroin, Hydro, and Oxy are all about 1/3 rd stronger, per mg, compared to Morphine. Those who think Hydrocodone is any less potent or addictive than either Heroin or Oxycodone are mistaken.

Like a previous poster said, the primary reasn most pill uses often turn to heroin is not because heroin is stronger, but because the chances of obtaining Hydrocodone or Oxycodone devoid of anti-inflmatories at a reasonable cost is unlikely. It is less costly, when comparing the average street prices, to buy a bag of heroin than a 40 mg tab of Oxycontin. Few dealers sell dope which contains more than about 40-50 mg per bag...and many dose is between 20-30 mg. If heroin addicts had regular access to pure, powdered Oxy or Hydro as they do heroin, many users would but whichever one was the best deal.

As a 10+ year long IV addict (now clean for many years) who worked as a drug counselor for several years, I have seen probably just about everyting there is to see when it comes to thse drugs. They become horrible life-defining, life-destroying drugs once they cause addiction...very, very hard to overcome.

Great post, very accurate, good job beating it!

it feels good to be numb

Bad habit but its sure Nice to feel chill drink a beer with them take a few muscle relaxers lol you can find ur self on the edge breathing and almost not

Last edited:
Hydrocodone may be listed in the PDR as a drug for mild-moderate pain relief, but that is only because of its dosing. It is usually only prescribed in 5-10 mg doses, with tylenal or Ibuprofen added to it.

In reality, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, and heroin are almost identical in strength, per mg. In fact, the 3 are seperated, in terms of potency, by less than 2%. In order of strength per mg, they are as follows:

1.) Heroin
2.) Hydrocodone
3.) Oxycodone

It is commonly thought that Hydro is not as strong as Oxy, but this is untrue, with Hydro actually being very slightly stronger, per mg. The likely reason for this confusion is due to the dosing amounts utilized per pill with these drugs. Oxycodone is prescribed as Oxycontin, which goes up to 160 mg per tablet. With Hydrocodone, common preparations stop at 10 mg per pill and almost always contain anti-inflamatories, whereas Oxycontin does not have any anti-inflamtories added to it. This allows Oxycodone-Oxycointin to be taken in much larger dosages without fear of liver damage, while also consuming far less pills.

Heroin, Hydro, and Oxy are all about 1/3 rd stronger, per mg, compared to Morphine. Those who think Hydrocodone is any less potent or addictive than either Heroin or Oxycodone are mistaken.

Like a previous poster said, the primary reasn most pill uses often turn to heroin is not because heroin is stronger, but because the chances of obtaining Hydrocodone or Oxycodone devoid of anti-inflmatories at a reasonable cost is unlikely. It is less costly, when comparing the average street prices, to buy a bag of heroin than a 40 mg tab of Oxycontin. Few dealers sell dope which contains more than about 40-50 mg per bag...and many dose is between 20-30 mg. If heroin addicts had regular access to pure, powdered Oxy or Hydro as they do heroin, many users would but whichever one was the best deal.

As a 10+ year long IV addict (now clean for many years) who worked as a drug counselor for several years, I have seen probably just about everyting there is to see when it comes to thse drugs. They become horrible life-defining, life-destroying drugs once they cause addiction...very, very hard to overcome.

Pleas don't take tbis the wrong way, as I respect you a LOT mike, but hydrocodone is 100% NOT stronger than oxycodone. Oxycontin is basicslky synthetic heroin. Oxycontin is the extended release form of oxycodone. Take one 10mg tablet of oxycodone, and compare that to one 10mg tablet of oxycontin, BIG difference. Same goes for hydrocodone... Take one 10mg/325mg or 500 or even 750mg hydrocone(the 2nd number is just the Tylenol dose) and compare that to one 10mg tablet of oxycodone, again BIG difference. The correct order of potency mg per mg, would be Heroin first, oxycodone 2nd, and hydrocodone 3rd. There is also more than just a 2% difference between them all. The scheduled drug class system exists for a reason. A CIII drug like hydrocodone, is just that, a class 3 drug. Heroin is a class I and oxycodone is a class 2. The classes represent the addictive potential of the medication. Heroin is THE most addictive, oxy is 2nd, and hydrocodone is 3rd. Notice that the more potent mg per mg medications, are also the most addictive. Which is more potent and which is more addictive, meth or adderall? Both are amphetamines, but meth is meth and adderall is an amphetamine salt combo. They are similar, but also VERY different in both effect, potency, and potential for addiction. The answer is the same for bith questions. The answer is meth btw.

Oxy's..........unless you are dying from cancer or some other terminally ill sickness there IS ABSOLUTELY no reason why you should be on such a strong medication. I was shot in the shoulder and they prescribed me that curse. I am one of the strongest willed people you will ever meet, I was hooked in a matter of two months. Wasnt a mental addiction or a addictive personality, was completely physical. My body had to have the opiate. Year and half later looked myself in the mirror and knew I had to get off of them. Rented a house in Sedona, AZ and went through hell. That experience was worse than getting shot. Took me nearly 9 months to get back to some form of normalcy. Later, made a trip home where a good friend of mine is in his residency as an ER Dr., buddy is already a Dr. Told me if I was to come and they would have to cut my leg off he would not prescribe me that stuff. Horrible shit, stay away.

Opiates definitely cause irritability. I hope you can find a way to break the cycle of opiate use, because it is one hell of rollercoaster to be riding.

Pleas don't take tbis the wrong way, as I respect you a LOT mike, but hydrocodone is 100% NOT stronger than oxycodone. Oxycontin is basicslky synthetic heroin. Oxycontin is the extended release form of oxycodone. Take one 10mg tablet of oxycodone, and compare that to one 10mg tablet of oxycontin, BIG difference. Same goes for hydrocodone... Take one 10mg/325mg or 500 or even 750mg hydrocone(the 2nd number is just the Tylenol dose) and compare that to one 10mg tablet of oxycodone, again BIG difference. The correct order of potency mg per mg, would be Heroin first, oxycodone 2nd, and hydrocodone 3rd. There is also more than just a 2% difference between them all. The scheduled drug class system exists for a reason. A CIII drug like hydrocodone, is just that, a class 3 drug. Heroin is a class I and oxycodone is a class 2. The classes represent the addictive potential of the medication. Heroin is THE most addictive, oxy is 2nd, and hydrocodone is 3rd. Notice that the more potent mg per mg medications, are also the most addictive. Which is more potent and which is more addictive, meth or adderall? Both are amphetamines, but meth is meth and adderall is an amphetamine salt combo. They are similar, but also VERY different in both effect, potency, and potential for addiction. The answer is the same for bith questions. The answer is meth btw.

This is the correct broscience and dogma, however it is not the reality. The science and the biochemistry back what Mike Arnold said...

This is the correct broscience and dogma, however it is not the reality. The science and the biochemistry back what Mike Arnold said...

Broscience? I have my Pharm D, a DOCTORATE in pharmacy. I went to Columbia University, and currently work for walgreens as a staff pharmacist. I could care less what you say, as I have studied nothing but prescription medications for the past 9yrs of my life. To say that oxycodone is more potent than hydrocodone, is just ignorant. Educate yourselves more, before spreading incorrect information. I am no longer a part of this discussion.

Broscience? I have my Pharm D, a DOCTORATE in pharmacy. I went to Columbia University, and currently work for walgreens as a staff pharmacist. I could care less what you say, as I have studied nothing but prescription medications for the past 9yrs of my life. To say that oxycodone is more potent than hydrocodone, is just ignorant. Educate yourselves more, before spreading incorrect information. I am no longer a part of this discussion.

:confused: Are you here to help or just trying to show up others? How much experience to you have being addicted to any of these medications?

They are all horribly addicting, way over prescribed and killing people.
Mg per mg I noticed no difference in potency between Oxycotin, Oxycodone, or hydrocodone. (Never tried heroin) At one point I needed 500-600mg or more a day ( + a bottle of vodka and 3 grams of coke) or I would start to go into withdrawls. (What a fucking miserable existence! :() I would take what ever was available. Now, the euphoric "high" feeling I got was different with each one. I preffered Hydrocodone (Vicodin) over the others. It gave me a more peace full high, at least at first. The other two I would get very aggitated after 20-30 minutes. My point is, IMO, they all have the same potential for addiction and the withdrawls are hell no matter what.

:confused: Are you here to help or just trying to show up others? How much experience to you have being addicted to any of these medications?

Mg per mg I noticed no difference in potency between Oxycotin, Oxycodone, or hydrocodone. (Never tried heroin) At one point I needed 500-600mg or more a day ( + a bottle of vodka and 3 grams of coke) or I would start to go into withdrawls. (What a fucking miserable existence! :() I would take what ever was available. Now, the euphoric "high" feeling I got was different with each one. I preffered Hydrocodone (Vicodin) over the others. It gave me a more peace full high, at least at first. The other two I would get very aggitated after 20-30 minutes. My point is, IMO, they all have the same potential for addiction and the withdrawls are hell no matter what.

Thank God you beat that !!

Im curently just taking 1/2 of a 10mg tab before bed , if i dont i can't get comfortable at all and dont sleep , i realize taking them like this is a good way to get addicted which is why i cut the dose in half as it seems to work.

During the day im just taking the Mobic anti-imflamitory some Motrin and just dealing with it hurting.
As i said before I dont think its fair to my family for me to be short tempered and grouchy and i dont trust myself in public on them , the last think i need is a lawsuit for caving sombody face in for being a smart ass

Im so thankfull to be a mamber here and have access to guys with as much knowledge and pest experiance with things as alot of you do.

It makes me feel good to see so many that have had addictions and beat them , ive never been hooked on a drug but have to somthing far worse and its a terrible thing to over come.

Thank God you beat that !!

Im curently just taking 1/2 of a 10mg tab before bed , if i dont i can't get comfortable at all and dont sleep , i realize taking them like this is a good way to get addicted which is why i cut the dose in half as it seems to work.

During the day im just taking the Mobic anti-imflamitory some Motrin and just dealing with it hurting.
As i said before I dont think its fair to my family for me to be short tempered and grouchy and i dont trust myself in public on them , the last think i need is a lawsuit for caving sombody face in for being a smart ass

Im so thankfull to be a mamber here and have access to guys with as much knowledge and pest experiance with things as alot of you do.

It makes me feel good to see so many that have had addictions and beat them , ive never been hooked on a drug but have to somthing far worse and its a terrible thing to over come.

With that mindset and at that dose you'll be fine! If you liked the way it made you feel than I would recommend not taking them.

I feel very fortunate to be where I am today! It was a hell of a battle.

This is a great board and proud to be a member!

I stopped taking my oxycontin 4 days ago.
I'm trying to stay off them for good this time. My pain is surprisingly tolerable at the moment, but my energy levels are so low even if I take some stimulants. Its hard for me to stay off of them because I have a prescription, so its tempting to start taking them when the pain is bad or when I really need to get a lot of work done.
It will be better for me in the long run if I can stay off for good though.

I'm trying to stay off them for good this time. My pain is surprisingly tolerable at the moment, but my energy levels are so low even if I take some stimulants. Its hard for me to stay off of them because I have a prescription, so its tempting to start taking them when the pain is bad or when I really need to get a lot of work done.

Hey TNH
Yea man if you can stay off them do that. Don't let your mind fuck you with the whole "precription" rational.
I know what you mean about the energy levels. I had no energy yet couldn't sleep for shit for a long time. How long and how much have you taking?? There are some things that can help. I will message you. Feel free to hit me up anytime!

Hey TNH
Yea man if you can stay off them do that. Don't let your mind fuck you with the whole "precription" rational.
I know what you mean about the energy levels. I had no energy yet couldn't sleep for shit for a long time. How long and how much have you taking?? There are some things that can help. I will message you. Feel free to hit me up anytime!

Luckily I have a prescription for seroquel, so I am getting good sleep still.
I have been on and off oxy for 5 years now. My peak dose was 580mg per day, I tapered down and my last dose 5 days ago was 240mg.
My tolerance is so high that I barely felt them anymore, and I am not experiencing severe withdrawal, just the lethargy and lack of motivation.
Thanks for the PM, I appreciate it.

Luckily I have a prescription for seroquel, so I am getting good sleep still.
I have been on and off oxy for 5 years now. My peak dose was 580mg per day, I tapered down and my last dose 5 days ago was 240mg.
My tolerance is so high that I barely felt them anymore, and I am not experiencing severe withdrawal, just the lethargy and lack of motivation.
Thanks for the PM, I appreciate it.

WOW, 580mgs per day!! I was up to 10-12 30mgs a day geeked out of my mind! My buddy is like you, 20-25 a day and he's on methadone now which isnt much better than the blue's themselves. Bro, the best thing I have ever done for myself is getting off Oxy's. Was a year March 11, 2012.

need 50 post, thank you.

jack ass! I hope you get banned! :banghead:

Why not actaully put some thought into contributing to this board?
Never mind you'll be banned before you reach 50

What are you talking about? Read my previous posts. I've been TRYING to help, then addicts post that I am wrong. I simply stated that I am NOT wrong, and know much more about these medications than a typical bodybuilder or a previous drug addict does. No, I have never been addicted to these medications. I have talen oxycontin, codone, vicodin, percocet, xanax, you name it. I have never been addicted though, because I personally HATE how they make me feel. I simply tried them via past life experiences that caused them to be prescribed to me. All I said was that I am a pharmacist, and I AM here to help, which is WHY I said tramadol would be a better option for Gunsmith. But after my recommendation, someone who apparently knows more about these medications than a pharmacist, said that no, tramadol is an opiate. Again, NOT true. It stimulates the opioid receptors, like opiates do, but it is NOT an opiate itself. If it was, it would be a controlled substance. I am here to help, and do nothing more, but I refuse to be told by someone who does NOT have a doctorate in the field, that I am wrong. That's like you going to your doctor for high blood pressure, he tells you how to fix it, then you say "nope, that won't work, but this will."

Please do not just stop cold turkey. You must slowly decrease your daily dose over time, ideally under the servision of a physician. You will start vomiting, shaking, etc. I have seen oxycontin withdrawal, and it is not a pretty site.

Just throwing this out there..... Kratom!

I know someone who said this substance completely took away all withdrawal symptoms when he stopped using opiates. H was the first person I had ever heard this from.

It is actually a CIII, not a class 4 medication. Xanax, Valium, etc, are class 4. Vicodin, lortab, norco, etc, are CIII. Percocet, morphine, oxycontin, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, etc, are CII drugs, just for clarification for those who may not know. Also, it is a damn opiate, of course it affects your mind, regardless of if you take it once, or 100 times. You are under the influence of a narcotic by taking 1 single tablet, so yes, it does affect the brain/mind significantly.

This classification system never made sense to me. It males ZRER sense to schedule Vicodin as a CIII drug and Procet as a CII drug, especially when hydro (Vic) is slightly stronger, per mg, than Oxy (perc). Both vics and percs contain 5-10 mg of active opiate and both are equally addictive. These classifications are absolutely retarded.

All of those opiate drugs, whether Morphine, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, or Oxymorphone...they should all be scheduled the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner