advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many exercises per bodypart for max growth?

I read that post and felt bullied so im glad you changed it :cool:

thats what i was afraid of. I feel like part of the "cool club" cuz you answer my pms so dont wanna go fucking that up so "no bully":D
-F2S

i shake my head on the inside when i hear the "gotta work the muscle from all different angles"
means nothing. u cant say doing a biceps curl is gonna change how the muscle moves the forearm to the upper arm by doing them at different angles. what, doing them with arms held horizontal on cable station v doing bb curls v bent over db curls is gonna contract the muscle differently? no. it just isnt. it may "feel" different but its still just moving the forearm up to meet the upper arm.

i shake my head on the inside when i hear the "gotta work the muscle from all different angles"
means nothing. u cant say doing a biceps curl is gonna change how the muscle moves the forearm to the upper arm by doing them at different angles. what, doing them with arms held horizontal on cable station v doing bb curls v bent over db curls is gonna contract the muscle differently? no. it just isnt. it may "feel" different but its still just moving the forearm up to meet the upper arm.

I think it's a subconscious way to avoid boredom. 6 sets of one exercise vs 3 sets of 2 exercises. Switching exercises can give a person renewed motivation and up the intensity a bit.

I also believe certain exercises are better at hitting a given muscle dependent on the insertions and such for that person and once you find the ones that work you've struck gold.

Too many variables, personally less sets helps me add weight faster, and I'm
Are in others the opposite occurs.

The BIcep has two heads. One head will get more stimulation depending on arm angles, etc. Not to mention the brachialis.
Kinesiology brother.

Last edited:

Sorry, I should have been more diplomatic.

I just feel like it's so incredibly subjective, and with so many variables, that there's no way to answer the question in the way that it's currently worded (very broadly).

Instinctually I usually go about 4 excercises per body part. 3 progressive sets depending on how I'm feeling. Sometimes out of the blue I might just do supersets or just go a few sets on my compounds then move into lighter accessory work. Just a matter of how I'm feeling and breaking up monotony

Sorry but no appreciable big guy is doing just 2-3 exercises for chest and leaving...Unless maybe all angles of presses.
If you're already developed, I guarantee that's not how you built what you have. You simply adopted such lifts after already building
what you have.

Last edited:
Sorry but no appreciable big guy is doing just 2-3 exercises for chest and leaving...Unless maybe all angles of presses.
If you're already developed, I guarantee that's not how you built what you have. You simply adopted such lifts after already building
what you have.
I agree with Cinder,just staying with chest on this...When I train chest,I do flat bench,incline, decline all with bb and db...Then there is flys on top of that...That's a minimum of 7 different chest training in one session... And there is more...

Omni-Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

I agree with Cinder,just staying with chest on this...When I train chest,I do flat bench,incline, decline all with bb and db...Then there is flys on top of that...That's a minimum of 7 different chest training in one session... And there is more...

Chest for a lot guys is a naturally week area because of clavicle width. Guys with really wide clavicles have issues with pec activation I've seen. I'm the opposite my clavicles are on the narrower side so my chest tends to take over on triceps excercises and shoulder pressing movements. So these days I maintainence train my chest with 3-4 sets. Incline or flat barbell then in line or flat dumbbell, cable or pek dec fly and dips. I used to do about 5-6 when I was younger but it's not necessary anymore.

People should train according to how they want to look. If you want to be proportioned and you've already built your base then train smart. Set your days up according to stronger and weaker areas.

Last edited:
what you have.

This is my thinking, too. But that's based on what I observe in the gym, so it isn't representative by itself. All the big guys do multiple exercises per muscle.

I'm pretty much still a novice at all this shit both developmentally and in terms of knowledge. For the longest time ever I've only done 1 exercise per muscle because that's what's been drummed into me.

I'm too stuck in my ways to add multiple exercises. But from what you guys say, it's mandatory to get the size.

I do think there's value in working the muscle through full ROM with different exercises that are most loaded in the shortened and the lengthened positions.

But whether that's accomplished in a single workout, a weekly split, micro-cycle, etc probably doesn't much matter.

my rule of thumb; pump that muscle until you can't squeeze any blood in it anymore and head out. For me; that takes 3 exercises or more.. once max pump achieved, I don't see a point to keep going

Had a friend that just on getting strong on 1 exercise per bodypart:
his lifts are now,
incline bb 315 6
military press 225 6
barbell row 335 6
deadlifts 455 6
squats 405 6
stiff leg 365 6
bb curl 150 6
overhead bd exten 120lb db 6

He finally gained a lot of size and stopped doing the multiple exercises and pump style training.

Chest for a lot guys is a naturally week area because of clavicle width. Guys with really wide clavicles have issues with pec activation I've seen. I'm the opposite my clavicles are on the narrower side so my chest tends to take over on triceps excercises and shoulder pressing movements. So these days I maintainence train my chest with 3-4 sets. Incline or flat barbell then in line or flat dumbbell, cable or pek dec fly and dips. I used to do about 5-6 when I was younger but it's not necessary anymore.

People should train according to how they want to look. If you want to be proportioned and you've already built your base then train smart. Set your days up according to stronger and weaker areas.
Your exactly right brother, if I was not training for more strength on every workout I'd be able to cut it down...But I have to keep getting stronger to push the weight so the growing never stops for me...Now when I'm done with competing than I'll be able to do less and keep maintenance...

my rule of thumb; pump that muscle until you can't squeeze any blood in it anymore and head out. For me; that takes 3 exercises or more.. once max pump achieved, I don't see a point to keep going

I also agree that once you've pumped a muscle up as much as you can your pretty much done. Vince Gironda held this belief.

Also if you wanna get big you gotta get stronger point blank period. All these guys who are massive that don't lift super heavy anymore still built there base with heavy progressive lifting. I think those guys would probably still lift super heavy if they could but that shit puts wear and tear on your body. I've been lifting pretty much non stop since I was 18. Heavy progressive lifting and I've got a lot of strength to show for it but I'm also staring to have to switch to more volume and sets training because the heavy lifting is beating the shit out pf my body

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity