advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many of you have had an abcess surgery?

taz

Registered
I am slowly making my way back from having a pretty nasty one fixed. I had gotten very sick for about a week with high fever and all sorts of pain under my right arm. I kept assuming I could tough it out and just deal with it until finally the pain under my arm got so bad that I couldnt take another day like that and I went to the Hospital. After going through a ton of tests the on call Doc walks in and tells me that they called in the Surgeon and that I will be having surgery in one hour!

They didnt knock me out. Which let me tell you if you ever have to get this done, insist on going out! He cut a big hole under my armpit then dug a cavity about 9 inches deep across my right pec muscle to clear out all the stuff. The numbing agent did not work and I basically felt pretty much all of it.

So here I am now, 30lbs lighter, just over 2 weeks later, and feeling desperate to get clearance to lift again.

Any of you deal with this crap before? I wish I could figure out how the hell I got this thing to begin with so I could avoid that in the future.

yes

Recently had my left glute cleaned out. It was a sterile abcess , been with me for ahile. Had to go to the hospital and they put me under. Big scar on my ass now.

Yea

Had one in my delt that was there for a long time. It was sterile and they put me under for the procedure. Wasnt a big deal compared to what you had to go through Taz. What was the cause? Bad gear or too much volume over time?

All I can say is rest, heal up, and you have plenty of time to get back your mass before summer.

Had one of the variety you are talking about in glute about 15 years ago. They didn't put me out, but it wasn't to the degree yours sounds like. It was painful, but no 9 inches dug out, maybe 3-4 and a small scar.

Have had 3 MRSA abscesses that had to be drained, cleaned, stuffed, etc.
The first MRSA abscess was pretty bad. I was in Vegas for a few months and was just getting ready to leave. I thought it was an ingrown hair or a really bad pimple on the glute, upper thigh area.

By the time I was out of Utah it was the size of a baseball. By the time I was into Colorado a ways it felt like I was sitting on a hot softball. It was like 3AM and I started to feel myself swerving. Found a little 8 bed regional outpatient style urgent care in Golden,Colorado and they had to wake a surgeon to lance that beast and had to keep me for a day with IV antibiotics. The next two I knew what they were and had them lanced fast before they even reached golfball status. MRSA is nasty shit, I still feel the first scar rise on occasion when I get heated up, so that shit lies dormant somewhere in the system and I start poppping Bactrim.

Worst part is I came home after Vegas trip and gave it to my girlfriend on her lip somehow. It isn't like she kisses my ass :) One day she was her usual beautiful self, a day later she looked like Tyson punched her in the lip, just horrendous and they kept her in the hospital for 4 days. Thankfully the surgeon was good and she just has a tiny scar on lip. I'll never live that down, you'd think I gave her HIV.

Had one of the variety you are talking about in glute about 15 years ago. They didn't put me out, but it wasn't to the degree yours sounds like. It was painful, but no 9 inches dug out, maybe 3-4 and a small scar.

Have had 3 MRSA abscesses that had to be drained, cleaned, stuffed, etc.
The first MRSA abscess was pretty bad. I was in Vegas for a few months and was just getting ready to leave. I thought it was an ingrown hair or a really bad pimple on the glute, upper thigh area.

By the time I was out of Utah it was the size of a baseball. By the time I was into Colorado a ways it felt like I was sitting on a hot softball. It was like 3AM and I started to feel myself swerving. Found a little 8 bed regional outpatient style urgent care in Golden,Colorado and they had to wake a surgeon to lance that beast and had to keep me for a day with IV antibiotics. The next two I knew what they were and had them lanced fast before they even reached golfball status. MRSA is nasty shit, I still feel the first scar rise on occasion when I get heated up, so that shit lies dormant somewhere in the system and I start poppping Bactrim.

Worst part is I came home after Vegas trip and gave it to my girlfriend on her lip somehow. It isn't like she kisses my ass :) One day she was her usual beautiful self, a day later she looked like Tyson punched her in the lip, just horrendous and they kept her in the hospital for 4 days. Thankfully the surgeon was good and she just has a tiny scar on lip. I'll never live that down, you'd think I gave her HIV.

wow that is scary, and worst part you gave it to a love one! how did that happen? how did you get mrsa?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws