over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you?

BigNJ

Registered
How many guys on this board spend almost all their money on bodybuilding?

The reason I am asking, it seems that some people actually spend almost all their income to get big.

I know of lots of guys who are broke because of the bodybuilding lifestyle.

I can understand those who compete do not do it for the money, but to justify spending all your hard earned cash to get big especially when you have nothing to show for it in the end is beyond my comprehension.

This is not an attack on anyone, I just want to understand the mentality.

I think people need to realize that getting big shouldn't be the top priority in their lives, stability, income and health should be.

I think if you hit your 30's and have nothing to show for but a big physique then you need to re evaluate your priorities.

I see lots of massive guys in clubs and such, walking around with this mad look on their faces, you know the ones I'm talking about, yet they don't have a damn penny in their pockets.

Some people obviously do it for confidence and self esteem, but I don't care how big you get, if you are BROKE you are fucked not matter how big you are.

If you are doing it for women, then you got it all wrong. I have yet to see a big guy with a bunch of pussy around him.

Young guys need to realize this sooner than later.

What makes one person happy doesn't make the other happy.
What's right and wrong is up to each person to decide. As long as your not hurting anybody, I think your wrong to judge what others do.
Who cares how old you are if you love what you do.

And yes I have a wife and child, and don't spend all my money on bodybuilding. I use to judge what others do, and still do a little. But I realized it's none of my bussiness what other people do. And to think that my way is better is just arrogant.

The reason I am asking, it seems that some people actually spend almost all their income to get big.

I can understand those who compete do not do it for the money, but to justify spending all your hard earned cash to get big especially when you have nothing to show for it in the end is beyond my comprehension.

I think people need to realize that getting big shouldn't be the top priority in their lives, stability, income and health should be.

I think if you hit your 30's and have nothing to show for but a big physique then you need to re evaluate your priorities.

I see lots of massive guys in clubs and such, walking around with this mad look on their faces, you know the ones I'm talking about, yet they don't have a damn penny in their pockets.

Some people obviously do it for confidence and self esteem, but I don't care how big you get, if you are BROKE you are fucked not matter how big you are.

If you are doing it for women, then you got it all wrong. I have yet to see a big guy with a bunch of pussy around him.

I like to answer some of your concerns, When I was young I did spend a great deal on BB, I do have trophies to show for some of it(I rather have the money, though) but I was single and this was something I enjoyed, some people will spend alot on their hobbies. At that time I did want to get big, but I wasn't mad like you generalize, I was actually enjoying that part of my life. Being broke does not make you a bad person(there are alot of very happy people that are satisfied with more than money) Oh, I did get the girls, but it wasn't because of my muscles(although it did help my self esteem) I do believe you have to be a little polite and a gentleman and have a certain amount of looks. Well, I met my wife and now have 2 teenagers. I still spend a certain amount on my BB, but now it is for the health benefits and my priorities have change. Would you rather be healthy and broke or vice versa?
:rolleyes: My wife calls me a fanatic, but at 48 I can still stand up beside the best at that age.;) I am now just trying to live the healthy life style, which I love for myself, not to impress anybody else, including woman.:cool:

Last edited:
If its something I love why shouldnt i spend my money on it?

Why should i spend my money on stuff i dont need to attempt to "fit in" in a particular society?
Me and my gf both compete and love it, so we spend money on bodybuilding. We might put some aside to spend to go on a vacation otherwise everything else goes on food and supplements (and of course basic needs like clothing, and household products)
I much rather have that than buy some expensive car which i have absolutely no need for (for example)

Last edited:
It sounds to me like your one of those guys who, no matter how much money you spent, couldn't get big so you have resentments. And I have seen the big guy pull some sweet ass:cool:

To each his own, like Eroc said as long as your not hurting anyone and your enjoying life go for it.... I'm 46 yrs old with a wife and 2 HS kids and yes I do spend a few $$ but I choose to do so and my family is alright with it. Enjoy life because it is a very short one.

yes lots of generalizations. lets consider some things:
perhaps if a person works at mcdonalds 20 hours a week at minimum wage it would be EASY to spend all their money on the bodybuilding lifestyle. so when you say 'all their income' maybe you know some people who are broke cause they dont work a lot or are just too lazy to have a job. also how do you know that those big guys in clubs dont have a penny in their pockets? are u searching them?
and for the comment about the pussy - it ALL about game, personality. there are many big guys who get mad pussy, and its cause they are good looking and jacked - and because of this they have confidence - all of these things are attractive to women. i would rather get pussy cause i'm jacked than the way most other guys get it - with money. i wonder how many guys at those clubs that you speak of know are out of shape fat fucks who get girls by supplying them with alcohol, coke, or ectasy
myself i am 5'8" (or real close lol) and i weigh about 245 lbs. i don't know if you consider that big, or maybe a midget with muscle but either way i get more ass than a port-o-potty at a construction site with a chili dog vendor next door
www.myspace.com/bigreiko, also my avator is me. maybe you can come to syracuse one day and u can have some of my left over pussy

Wow, those are some interesting answers.

First off I am not judging anyone. I made it clear in my first post.

Secondly, I am not talking about the people who spend some money on bodybuilding, I am talking about the ones who spend every penny they have to get big, when you are 30 years old living in you moms basement and broke as fuck because you LOVE to get big, then there are major issues.

And for mr Queefer, I am pretty happy with my size, and I dont spend all the money I have to be big, I'd rather have an expensive car and tons of money in my pocket than end up being broke, big and a no body.

Take a look at Mike Platz for example, the dude was big had a contract with Muscle Mag, but guess what it all ends, lately he's been working as a bouncer for 10 dollars an hour. If thats where you want to end when you are 30 then go for it LOL

All I am saying for the young guys, save your money, very few will be able to make money from bodybuilding, don't spend all you got to get big. In life you either make it or you don't, and guess what money does count.

Wow, those are some interesting answers.

First off I am not judging anyone. I made it clear in my first post.

Secondly, I am not talking about the people who spend some money on bodybuilding, I am talking about the ones who spend every penny they have to get big, when you are 30 years old living in you moms basement and broke as fuck because you LOVE to get big, then there are major issues.

And for mr Queefer, I am pretty happy with my size, and I dont spend all the money I have to be big, I'd rather have an expensive car and tons of money in my pocket than end up being broke, big and a no body.

Take a look at Mike Platz for example, the dude was big had a contract with Muscle Mag, but guess what it all ends, lately he's been working as a bouncer for 10 dollars an hour. If thats where you want to end when you are 30 then go for it LOL

All I am saying for the young guys, save your money, very few will be able to make money from bodybuilding, don't spend all you got to get big. In life you either make it or you don't, and guess what money does count.

Your not judging? We're all nobodys no matter how much money you have. (Unless your decisions affect the rest of the world) And for Mike Platz I'm sure he made some mistakes, but you know who he is!! I bet nobody knows who you are. And money isn't going to change that. If your driving a expensive car your just like everybody else driving one around. I'll never remember you if you pass by in a expensive car.

Your judging people for their decisions, no matter if you say your not. It's fine that you have your opinions. But nobody cares, who are you to judge.
And to me making it is just being happy. Maybe one day you can be happy enough to live and let live.

your making some huge generalizations.

Agreed. What you mean that have nothing to show for it? You mean they don't have materials pocessions? That may be...They might not need such things to feel acomplished. I'm not rich by anymeans myself...Do I drop every penny into bodybuilding? No I don't.

I'm acutally rather poor but I have a loving fiance, plans for a family and am working on a carreer. Is it perfect? Yeah...I think for me that is perfect. Do I drive a sports car? No. Do I own a huge house? No. Do I have gold plated rims on my car? No. But I couldn't be happier...What do I have to show for it? Well nothing you could see obvisously. However, I DO have a lot to show for it and I'm thankful for what I have and what I feel.

In my opinion, there are far more important things in life than cars and money my friend. A best friend. A wife. A child. A puppy. These are the things I feel show someones success. Not materials.

Just my take.

Everyone has different goals in life. Some want to make a lot of money. Some want to get huge. It's their life and they have the right to do as they wish.

If you don't enroll in one of the top 15 colleges in the US by the age of 18, you should give up on life

If you don't major in finance and get atleast a 3.8 GPA by the age of 22, you wasted your time

if you don't get an MBA by the age of 24, there's something wrong with you

If you don't find a job that pays atleast $200K annually after getting your MBA, you have nothing to show for the past 24 years of your life

If you don't buy a silver porche careera 911 twin turbo by the age of 26, consider yourself a failure

If you don't get married by the age of 27, you have psychological issues

If you don't have atleast 3 kids by the age of 30, you have fertility issues

If you like vanilla more than chocolate, you were probably abused as a child

... get my point?

you can't think that if someone doesn't want the same things you want in life then he's weird or wasting his time. to the other guy, it is you who are wasting your time.

bodybuilding does not take up more than 8% of my income. this is not including the food. i'm actually saving money by buying the food i eat rather than doing what everyone else does (eat in a fast food restaurant or snacking or whatever)... my wife and my food bills are around $100 per week... i know people who spend $30 per day on junk and snacks, and that's if they're being moderate.

I know a friend who spends $70-90K every other year to buy a new car... the guy never gets attention from girls because he is 365 lbs at around 45% fat. are you going to tell me that he's wasting his money because he isn't getting laid from having a car like that? the guy likes cars... it's his money.

you wanna get big and spend half your money on it? get your family's approval (wife, kids... etc) and do it...
you wanna buy a pair of designer jeans for $800... fucking do it if it makes you happy and doesn't interfere with anything else and you can afford it.

just like there are stupid people who spend all their money on booze and get drunk all day and night, beat up their kids and beat up their wives... there are ass holes who spend all their money on getting big not giving a shit about other responsibilities in life if they have them.

if you are single, and you want to spend all your paychecks on gear, supps, food, and gym fees... go the fuck ahead.
if you are married and/or have kids... if you do that, you are a selfish ass hole who doesn't deserve a wife and kids.

this applies for everything in life

if you have no reponsibilities, do whatever the hell you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone else
if you have responsibilities, be a fucking man and take care of them first, then your hobbies (obsessions) after that.

that's all i have to say.

let's see the smartest person in the US (Chris Langan) that has over a 190+ IQ and worked as a bouncer for 20 years ...and works out fanatically.
How many do I know spend tons on Golf to the point that families just accept that is the way it is? A lot
I spend every dime being a tennis pro and that supported me through college. Now I lift and want to someday compete. If a person has the ability to get that fanatical about something, when the time is right they will earn enough to make anything happen. I took on earning with the same abilities and have done very well...as a ton of those on this board. Getting good at something means tenacity and hard work. The elements of success.

Your not judging? We're all nobodys no matter how much money you have. (Unless your decisions affect the rest of the world) And for Mike Platz I'm sure he made some mistakes, but you know who he is!! I bet nobody knows who you are. And money isn't going to change that. If your driving a expensive car your just like everybody else driving one around. I'll never remember you if you pass by in a expensive car.

THAT WAS A GREAT POST, EROC.

that's all i have to say

And you said it in a bright way. :)

It sounds to me like your one of those guys who, no matter how much money you spent, couldn't get big so you have resentments. And I have seen the big guy pull some sweet ass:cool:

Agreed. His post reeks of bitterness and negativity...

Not even close for me. If I had to spend even half my money on bodybuilding I wouldn't be doing it. I have a wife and 2 kids (wife is a national level bber too) but their needs come first then bbing. We do spend a good amount but not enough to effect regular life.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear