over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you?

Agreed. What you mean that have nothing to show for it? You mean they don't have materials pocessions? That may be...They might not need such things to feel acomplished. I'm not rich by anymeans myself...Do I drop every penny into bodybuilding? No I don't.

I'm acutally rather poor but I have a loving fiance, plans for a family and am working on a carreer. Is it perfect? Yeah...I think for me that is perfect. Do I drive a sports car? No. Do I own a huge house? No. Do I have gold plated rims on my car? No. But I couldn't be happier...What do I have to show for it? Well nothing you could see obvisously. However, I DO have a lot to show for it and I'm thankful for what I have and what I feel.

In my opinion, there are far more important things in life than cars and money my friend. A best friend. A wife. A child. A puppy. These are the things I feel show someones success. Not materials.

Just my take.

Good post.

How many guys on this board spend almost all their money on bodybuilding?

The reason I am asking, it seems that some people actually spend almost all their income to get big.

I know of lots of guys who are broke because of the bodybuilding lifestyle.

I can understand those who compete do not do it for the money, but to justify spending all your hard earned cash to get big especially when you have nothing to show for it in the end is beyond my comprehension.

This is not an attack on anyone, I just want to understand the mentality.

I think people need to realize that getting big shouldn't be the top priority in their lives, stability, income and health should be.

I think if you hit your 30's and have nothing to show for but a big physique then you need to re evaluate your priorities.

I see lots of massive guys in clubs and such, walking around with this mad look on their faces, you know the ones I'm talking about, yet they don't have a damn penny in their pockets.

Some people obviously do it for confidence and self esteem, but I don't care how big you get, if you are BROKE you are fucked not matter how big you are.

If you are doing it for women, then you got it all wrong. I have yet to see a big guy with a bunch of pussy around him.

Young guys need to realize this sooner than later.

Oh buddy to me getting big is a damn childhood dream...but as his wise ass, BuSelmo, said: "fucking do it if it makes you happy and doesn't interfere with anything else and you can afford it" and I'm planing to spend around $2700 on gear this year :D :D :D I promise to post pictures ;) ;) ;)

LOL sorry BigNJ dude but when I read your post I felt like you got beaten up by a huge dude in a club or something :p j/k

I am pretty happy with my size, and I dont spend all the money I have to be big, I'd rather have an expensive car
I really liked liked this one...
All that soapboxing about priorities in life, then this. Don't waste money on a massive body, get a fancy car...LOL.

How about a fishing boat and just a single bag of whey? Am I still in the green :D

IMO this thread or aspects of this thread comes up every once in a while. Everyone has got to look at where they are at in life. The broad painting of using all your money on getting big is a ridiculous assumption. this comes up anytime a Bbuilder comes in to the mainstream from humble beginning (i.e. Kai) some people see Body Building as a way out of circumstance, just as some Dominican republic people see baseball as a way out of their circumstance. They will use every means available to "live the dream" in their on reality. If it works it is highly publicized and 100 more in that same environment will jump onto the bandwagon. If it fails, no one will ever no because it is not a feel good story.

I think this thread is a direct from all of the publicity of Kia Greene over that past year or two.

Wow, those are some interesting answers.

First off I am not judging anyone. I made it clear in my first post.

Secondly, I am not talking about the people who spend some money on bodybuilding, I am talking about the ones who spend every penny they have to get big, when you are 30 years old living in you moms basement and broke as fuck because you LOVE to get big, then there are major issues.

And for mr Queefer, I am pretty happy with my size, and I dont spend all the money I have to be big, I'd rather have an expensive car and tons of money in my pocket than end up being broke, big and a no body.

Take a look at Mike Platz for example, the dude was big had a contract with Muscle Mag, but guess what it all ends, lately he's been working as a bouncer for 10 dollars an hour. If thats where you want to end when you are 30 then go for it LOL

All I am saying for the young guys, save your money, very few will be able to make money from bodybuilding, don't spend all you got to get big. In life you either make it or you don't, and guess what money does count.

this is judging

everybody does what he likes to do and spend every single penny he wants where he wants to spend it

I dont make much $$$ from bodybuilding, excepted for photo shoot, but I dont care about that, I make money somewhere else and it makes happy to spend it for my sport

I dont make much $$$ from bodybuilding

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Seriously you're right... $10 000 to $15 000 a month ain't nothing nowadays... :D ;)

Bodybuilding is certainly my biggest expense, especially if you count the food. But it's worth it seeing myself transform from a fat slob to a healthy muscular man.

Your not judging? We're all nobodys no matter how much money you have. (Unless your decisions affect the rest of the world) And for Mike Platz I'm sure he made some mistakes, but you know who he is!! I bet nobody knows who you are. And money isn't going to change that. If your driving a expensive car your just like everybody else driving one around. I'll never remember you if you pass by in a expensive car.

Your judging people for their decisions, no matter if you say your not. It's fine that you have your opinions. But nobody cares, who are you to judge.
And to me making it is just being happy. Maybe one day you can be happy enough to live and let live.

How old are you? You don't know if I am somebody or not, you don't know me that well LOL

So you're telling me, if some 20 year old kid you know who barely makes any money, spending it all on juice would be a wise decision? Just cause it makes him happy?

What if crack makes me happy? Should I spend all my money just because it makes me happy?

Come on, let's get real here, I like to workout too, I like to get in good shape too, but I wouldn't spend all my income to do it, just cause it makes me happy.

Let's hear it from some mature people who have been there, they will all tell you the same shit, bodybuilding isn't and shouldn't be your number one priority, fuck it even Phil said it himself. What's the difference here?

And for those who are talking about materialistic shit, don't go there, I am not here judging whos got money and doesn't. All I am saying is that young people should get their priorities straight. Money in the end does count whether you want to admit to it or not.

Seriously you're right... $10 000 to $15 000 a month ain't nothing nowadays... :D ;)

99% of people on this board don't even come close to making 10Gs a month from bodybuilding.

if only my friend !

one of these day I hope I'll be around that though

99% of people on this board don't even come close to making 10Gs a month from bodybuilding.

99% of people on Earth live with much less than that... actually half the planet if not more has to survive with $1 a day :rolleyes:

Mike is my friend, I was teasing him. :cool:

How old are you? You don't know if I am somebody or not, you don't know me that well LOL

I'm 32with a wife and child and home. And my cars are paid for. (04' &06') Which doesn't matter, but you seem to be the kind of guy that, thinks that sort of thing makes you somebody. I could go on but that's just arrogant.

Your correct I don't know you, and I doubt any decisions you make affect me and my life. And anybody that contridicts themselves in the statements you make,I would hope your decisions wouldn't affect me.
Look your the kind of guy that doesn't except people for who they are, because you think people should conform to your standards. I'm not the one that hasn't matured in life. And why are you still going to clubs if you so mature?:rolleyes:

Bignj, the bottom line is let them be happy for what they are doing with their bodies, one day one of them will be a big contender in life. Most of these guys including myself had childhood dreams of once being a somebody on stage and for most of us it has not happened and probably will never happen. So let them enjoy themselves.

How many guys on this board spend almost all their money on bodybuilding?

The reason I am asking, it seems that some people actually spend almost all their income to get big.

I know of lots of guys who are broke because of the bodybuilding lifestyle.

I can understand those who compete do not do it for the money, but to justify spending all your hard earned cash to get big especially when you have nothing to show for it in the end is beyond my comprehension.

This is not an attack on anyone, I just want to understand the mentality.

I think people need to realize that getting big shouldn't be the top priority in their lives, stability, income and health should be.

I think if you hit your 30's and have nothing to show for but a big physique then you need to re evaluate your priorities.

I see lots of massive guys in clubs and such, walking around with this mad look on their faces, you know the ones I'm talking about, yet they don't have a damn penny in their pockets.

Some people obviously do it for confidence and self esteem, but I don't care how big you get, if you are BROKE you are fucked not matter how big you are.

If you are doing it for women, then you got it all wrong. I have yet to see a big guy with a bunch of pussy around him.

Young guys need to realize this sooner than later.

You must not know too many people then, because my training partner is as big as a house, spends $5-600/wk on food, probably $1000/month on supps and gear, but also owns his own business along with a yacht, $70,000 truck, and has women calling his phone off the hook. Reason being? The guy thinks progressive and not regressive. I dont do bad myself either, here is an easy solution. Make more money!! Like your gains in the gym, focus on your gains in your bank account. Sooner or later in order to progress with bodybuilding it takes money, hands down. Seems to me the ones who go the furthest are also the ones who find a good balance between financial means as well as bodybuilding means. Young chicks may not like the muscle as much since the Abercrombie and fitch and reality TV socialite bullshit has taken over, and given these young dumb bitches some sort of idea of what the perfect life and perfect man should be like, but try a woman in her late 20's or 30's, whole different ball game my friend

Oh buddy to me getting big is a damn childhood dream...but as his wise ass, BuSelmo, said: "fucking do it if it makes you happy and doesn't interfere with anything else and you can afford it" and I'm planing to spend around $2700 on gear this year :D :D :D I promise to post pictures ;) ;) ;)

LOL sorry BigNJ dude but when I read your post I felt like you got beaten up by a huge dude in a club or something :p j/k

BigNJ, did Mike Platz whip your ass at a club?

As already stated what makes one happy doesnt make another happy.I have competed and have some throphys that arent worth anything but I dont care.If I dont spend money making myself feel good and look good what will I spend it on.A truck new rims for that truck,a new lawn mower,clothes I mean maybe start fishing or hunting and buy a bunch of that crap.Everyone I know has a hobby or something they like to do they spend money on.My friend loves guns and spends his money on guns.Another freind loves trains and he builds toy trains.Another one loves his truck and buys stuff for his truck.I love bbing and I buy stuff for that.I mean its whatever floats your boat bro.Do you mean to tell me you only spend your money on stuff that you have to have to live?

For the record im 26 years old have a big new house and my wife and I both have nice cars.. So I hope im somebody

Last edited:
u seem rather new to this board, not many people on this board spend all their income on bodybuilding related expenses.

many here spend a lot of their bodybuilding expenses on things to improve their health. protein powders can actually save u tons of money over real food. it almost doesn't matter whether u supplement for health and exercise for the same reasons compared to whether u spend ur money to get bigger and exercise for the same reasons as many supplements will overlap. those who don't abuse gear and supplement and exercise and diet for size will have health benefits even if that wasn't their intention.

the people i see who bitch and moan the most about everything they take and eventually do not believe it is worth the cost are often the ones who take crap supplements or even if they take good quality supplements they don't know shit about what they take, don't train right and don't diet right.

i had a friend with an awful physique who took tons of gear and lot's of supplements for years with nothing to show for it and eventually came down with an attitude that he does all this stuff with nothing to show for it, he stopped lifting for close to a year. he was actually very dedicated, trained hard and dieted hard but did not do either one intelligently.

u have a point that doing anything that makes u happy like crack is not a wise choice but to say that this is an apples and oranges comparison is putting it mildly

u say u dont want to judge someones choices and dont want to get into materialistic things but u want the expensive car. thats ur choice as u have said u r happy with ur size but understand not everyone shares that view with u as i just want a decent car to get me from point A to point B. so the money i save on a less expensive car and i put it all into supplements, who is more right? NEITHER ONE OF US!

the jacked guys at the bar are probably pissed as they can't afford a beer! I have seen many guys who are well built get hot chicks and guys who have shitty physiques get with hotties. if u walk around all pissed off and are jacked, dont expect ladies to flock towards u, but if u have a good build, come across as fun and sociable u should be in good hands as far as the ladies go

the bottom line is if u know what the hell u r doing as far as training and dieting, u wont need all the esoteric bs products MuscleTech puts out but u will still need supplements, BCAA's can get very expensive but are very good

and how no one has mentioned the crap girls spend money on like shoes which far exceeds any amount of supps i take, i believe i have the upperhand. not only do i spend less than them but girls notice a good physique, guys don't really notice shoes except those with foot fetishes as there are many other places on a ladies body i prefer to look at

Holy dooley! Quite the cans of worms here. So many Blanket statements, i'm just about ready for bed.
Bodybuilding / lifting for the many who are dedicated enough to devote the many hours of hard work necessary to continue to achieve and progress in the sport throughout their lives, probably all of the members on this forum, is more than likely fuelled by passion, fuelled by a love for what they do and the physical and psycological responses in which the doing so produces. Much more so i would imagine, than the oppurtunity to hang out in clubs,whilst repelling women and looking angry.Life experience will hopefully show you one day that it is the 'doing' which creates happiness, the 'doing that is important, the doing that must get the focus. Getting big is the result of that doing. It is the journey that is important / that counts for most in life,not the destination, like everything else in life. For most of the members here, bodybuilding is the doing. That is not all we do, it is just something we do. And the level of love/dedication will dictate the level of priority that the doing is provided with, money/time/commitment/diet/training etc.etc,etc you could go on all day.Money is far less important than the satisfaction and discipline that anyone's doing can provide, wether it be bodybuilding for me, customising cars for johnno next door, drag racing for robbo down the road or athletics for thommo on his way to the Beijing olympics. Is bodybuilding or any of these pursuits made anymore more worth while simply because one may attain a gold plastic trophy at the end of it? Because the craving of the ego needs to attach to and attain something from it, to make it worthwhile,i don't think so. A real warrior will do what he loves, because it's the doing that compels him. An expensive car and a pocket full of cash does not make you somebody . Your character makes you 'somebody' . Bodybuilding builds character, if you have the cash to spend on it good for you guys! I spend whatever is left over from my Beautiful wife and 3 children and their needs, which isn't much right now but it hasn't always been and won't always be that way. They know that it's part of who i am and they love me more for it. I wish you same happiness.

With 20 inch arms to boot!
MOMO

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner