over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much niacin is too much?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
how much do you get in ? anybody mix the med niaspan with niacin? the b vits are water soul so your spose to excrete the extra, is this the same for b3? read too much cuase liver dam and blindness, nobody ever died of it that we know, i currently take 2 500mg niaspans and have been adding a little reg niacin on the side

I've read you should check your liver values when taking 2-3000mg a day for a longer period of time.
But the best way to use Niacin, and also the safest, is to cycle it.

The heating sensation you get from Niacin is thanks to the increased blood flow.. this effect subsides with time, and that's why you need to increase the dosage. (and why no-flush niacin is, IMO, useless)

Start out with 500mg week 1.. then increase as you go. When you reach 3000mg, take a break for 1-2 weeks with no niacin at all. This lets your body return to a "normal" state, and you should then get a good effect starting over with 500mg again.

Keep doing that, and hopefully you wont have any issues with your liver.

slowly up the dosage

always start at the lowest possible dose. I usally start at something like half a pill, i.e. 50mg. If you get a reaction, i.e. red and itchy, continue taking that dose until you get no more reaction. Then up the dose, and repeat. You can definitely take it up 3 or 4000mg. I know people who do a lot more than that. The key is to up the gradient. Dont take too much at once. Let your body get used to it, and dont up the dose while you are still getting a reaction!

Did you people know that niacin detoxes your body, including the UV from sunburns, radioactive material, pollution in the air etc? Proven fact. Every time I take niacin after summer I see where I got sunburnt, but only for a few days, then its gone.

And whatever you do, do NOT take niacin on an empty stomach! It will hurt like goddamn hell and you will feel like throwing up your intestines.

I must be real sensitive to the flush type niacin. Ive had a go at it twice and i go extremely red around the face, neck, chest and even arms. I also feel a tadge itchy from it to and thats just 1 tablet.

Is no flush really that....useless for the reported benefits of niacin as get mixed reports/opinions..??

My understanding is that non flush niacin is worthless as well. Plus, harder on the liver.

I like the niacin flush feeling. My whole body gets red and warm, then about 15 minutes later a wave of chills come as the capillaries start to constrict back to normal.

always start at the lowest possible dose. I usally start at something like half a pill, i.e. 50mg. If you get a reaction, i.e. red and itchy, continue taking that dose until you get no more reaction. Then up the dose, and repeat.

I guess I could try this, I always bought the 500mg tabs so I haven't tried a smaller starting dose. Thanks for this, might save me some money.

The detox information was also new to me. Thank you.

There are numerous studies that show dosages of 2 grams per day with no ill effects, but the only smart thing to do is get your own blood work done to check your liver values.

I wonder what it actually IS good for?

I think it was created because people don't like getting flushed. So they reformulate a product to time delay and make it useless.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear