over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Much

IMHO I don't believe there's a "standard" value. For example, your body easily assimilates whey protein isolate. So, in essence you could take a lot a once.

The body takes some time breaking down beef in the digestive tract. So, if you ate "a lot" of beef (say 80g protein at one sitting) it would be like "time-released" into the system.

I've heard people say that the body will "only" assimilate something in the range of 40-50g of protein in one sitting - I just don't believe it.

Anyone else?!?

xcel

Forgot to add this:

If you're on a low carb / high protein diet, the body will convert protein into energy (carbs?) through glucogenisis (sp?). I believe that your body uses a fair bit of energy in this conversion, hence an increase in metabolism!

xcel

Hmmm

I agree with what xcel said, if you eat carbs/fat and your body does not need to convert protein to glucose I would imagine a very high % of it would be used. I go anywhere from 30 to as much as 100 in some meals.

also depends whether on or off but i always get 30-100 per meal, usually at the higher end, i only get the small meals in when i need to grab a snacka nd run

That's what I was also thinking. In revising my diet for the new year I really only have 4 meals that I like when I'm dieting. Sounds wierd but I'm the type that has no problems being strict. Instead of adding more meals I just wanted to add shakes to these. As i get 50g from each food meal, then add a shake and that put's me at almost 400g with only 4 meals and if I'm still hungry i just eat shakes. Well i guess were agreed, Thanks fellas

Depends on your goals armageddon. I was doing as you're proposing and when I started working with wyld, he put me on more "real food." Now I'm quite a ways out from my contest but wyld knows I want to keep BF in check (under 7%) while still gaining (I have muscle memory in my favor :D ).

Now I've heard from several different sources that you want to limit "protein drink" intake when you want to get serious about cutting up. This includes "good" whey protein isolate (which is all I use). Not sure why but I believe that it has to do with amount of energy your body uses to assimilate "real food" versus liquid protein. I'm adding 2 tablsp of milled flax to each protein drink that I'm taking. The fiber is suppose to slow down absorption of protein as well as flax being a good supplement.

And I've been putting on mass doing this and "Very Little" fat! :eek:

xcel

Of course doing dc-style cyle don't hurt any :D

1+g TNE + injectible winny :) The shit I made using KC's kit is bitchin'!!!! Really makes my biceps swole :)

xcel

I originally set up my diet after talking to you before and had 6-7 meals. There were no shakes in it at the time. But after taking out almost all dairy, it dropped my protein substantially. Then there are a few meals that I really didn't care for, so i said screw it there gone. That left me back @4. So is what I think I'm going to do is just keep rotating those 4 thru out the day and throw a scoop of isolate in with each meal. The blend protein that i meant was a scoope of isolate and a scoop of caesin. Hopeing that I could drink this later in the evening and have it linger in the system alittle longer. If I follow the original from last yr that will hold me at [email protected]% which I will do for inseason. However I want to beef up the protein alittle more so I can add alittle extra mass this offseason, so I can look like some of you freaks.

I would suggest that if your going to add protein drinks, that you add them as seperate meals rather than with the 4 meals. Since the drinks are easy to tote around in a small cooler and are not obtrusive to drink (like in a meeting or class - not like eating food, LOL). More feedings/meals = increased metabolism.

xcel

I too eat the same meals each day. I only have 4 solid meals, but I drink 5 shakes in between them. I used to eat more but it caused me to burn out quickly because of the lethargy it created. Just my 2cc's.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws