over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Identify the ype of injury?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
First let me start by saying I do have an appointment with a doctor.
I'm simply curious to see if anyone has experienced the same type of issue.

I'll give the shortest version I can.
Had unilateral weakness. Right shoulder/ bicep. Decreased size in front delt, trap and bicep.

Worked through it and it seemed to mostly even out.

Fast forward to this month.
Begin getting pins and needled in the same arm. If I reach for my mouse when my hand extends forward the pins and needled start in the front delt, bicep, brachiallis and forearm. The shoulder does not feel like it's held securely in the socket when I train with any over head pressing motion. I've never had it dislocate.

I can give myself pins and needles in the entire delt by holing my arm in certain positions.

That arm is significantly weaker and there is a place just left of my right scapula that if you press it the same thing happens.

Has anyone had experience with this? If so, what was the diagnosis or treatment. I just had a physical with a full blood panel and everything is in normal ranges other than testosterone which is elevated.

Thanks for any ideas. Like I said, I have a doctors appointment but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Spine injury, bulging/herniated disk or similar in neck. MRI will show

Know a few older guys that had similar stuff and it's always a nerve/spine issue. Unfortunately hard to correct

Since the paresthesia starts at the deltoid area and not closer to the spine, like your neck, it sounds like the brachial plexus is involved, possible TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome). The myotomes affected (muscle following a specific nerve root) sounds like C5-C7.

If it were nerve root encroachment, SOL, or disc issue, you'd feel the symptoms constantly. They'd be exacerbated with certain movements, but the paresthesia would be constant.

Since the symptoms are reproduced positionally, I'd say TOS, but you can't certain without doing orthos. Imaging would be necessary if positive orthos point to a disc lesion or nerve root pathology. I'm not saying it can't be a disc issue or IVF problem, but from what you're saying it seems like something else.

Since the paresthesia starts at the deltoid area and not closer to the spine, like your neck, it sounds like the brachial plexus is involved, possible TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome). The myotomes affected (muscle following a specific nerve root) sounds like C5-C7.

If it were nerve root encroachment, SOL, or disc issue, you'd feel the symptoms constantly. They'd be exacerbated with certain movements, but the paresthesia would be constant.

Since the symptoms are reproduced positionally, I'd say TOS, but you can't certain without doing orthos. Imaging would be necessary if positive orthos point to a disc lesion or nerve root pathology. I'm not saying it can't be a disc issue or IVF problem, but from what you're saying it seems like something else.

How would this generally be treated if it is TOS?

How would this generally be treated if it is TOS?

TOS can be caused by entrapment of the nerves from the pec minor, anterior and/or medial scalenes, and a cervical rib/rib subluxation. You need to have ortho's done to determine the cause and severity: Roo's, Wrights, Adson's, Hallsteads, etc. If there is a diminished pulse found with these tests, then surgical intervention may be needed, again...it all depends on the severity. From my expierance in clinic, which is brief, I've had a few patient's with TOS. It took myofacial work, adjustments, and stretching of the affected structures.

TOS can be caused by entrapment of the nerves from the pec minor, anterior and/or medial scalenes, and a cervical rib/rib subluxation. You need to have ortho's done to determine the cause and severity: Roo's, Wrights, Adson's, Hallsteads, etc. If there is a diminished pulse found with these tests, then surgical intervention may be needed, again...it all depends on the severity. From my expierance in clinic, which is brief, I've had a few patient's with TOS. It took myofacial work, adjustments, and stretching of the affected structures.

This was a huge help. I see the ortho next week. Thanks

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity