mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you weren't a bodybuilder, what would you be doing instead?

i'd be healthier.
-JS

What would you be doing with all that time and money this sport demands?

Frankly, I think I would just walk and hike for some fitness. I love lifting and I can't think of any other sport I would be willing to spend this amount time and resources on. Now that I think about it, maybe bodybuilding keeps me out of trouble :D

Maybe you have another sport or passion you would have more time to pursue?

wishing i was a bodybuilder

What else???..........Work in a Greek Restaurant

Photographer for Playboy Magazine :D

I've lifted all my life and it is the biggest part of my life right now but that changes often with me since I have so many other outside interests that can consume me. I am a classic "Jack of all trades, master of none" :eek:

I really wish I was still in my 20s so I could give mma a try. I was a college scholarship wrestler and one of my friends owns a piece of throw down and affliction. He says I'm not too old. I'm way too old.

So I take gear look good and admire my all show - not much go Muscles in the mirror.

Randy Couture.

Ah, sorry to hear this. :(

What could you have done different to avoid this aspect, if anything?

PO

IMO, bodybuilding in its nature is unhealthy. bigger people die younger. almost ALL literature will back that up.
then add contest prep and the extreme things we all do to win and to get bigger and you will very likely end up an unhealthy person.
unusual amounts of muscle on the body, unusaul amounts of hormones in the body, unusual amounts of stress on the heart, liver and kidneys....
i shoulda taken up golf or swimming:banghead:
-JS

IMO, bodybuilding in its nature is unhealthy. bigger people die younger. almost ALL literature will back that up.
then add contest prep and the extreme things we all do to win and to get bigger and you will very likely end up an unhealthy person.
unusual amounts of muscle on the body, unusaul amounts of hormones in the body, unusual amounts of stress on the heart, liver and kidneys....
i shoulda taken up golf or swimming:banghead:
-JS

Ah, you would've ended up with tennis elbow then.:D

On a serious note, would you advocate lifting, exercising in general? I do agree that when it gets down to show time, obviously bbíng requires putting the body thru unnecessary extremes. However, if we were to take that out of the equation, again, what is your thoughts on lifting, exercising hardcore?

Also, what would you recommend a person to watch out for if they wanted to only lift as a hobby, yet maintain a good size and leanness?

PO

Lets see. I would have saved huge money from not buying gear and not paying a lawyer for a gear offense. Nor would I have an arrest on my record. Luckily I had deferred adjudication. No felony on the record, but the arrest still shows up.

Lets see. I would have saved huge money from not buying gear and not paying a lawyer for a gear offense. Nor would I have an arrest on my record.

But, you would have lived in boredom always wondering, "what if". Sometimes the latter is the worst case scenario for many. :p

PO

I have absolutely no idea ... training and competing haven't gotten in the way of anything I've wanted to do ...

Maybe I'd play tennis more often?? :rolleyes:

Well you don't have to always pick and choose, sometimes you can be multiple things, other times it will conflict. I have had bodybuilding off an on for over a decade in my life. But training has always been in it. Sometimes more focus went into sports like Jiu Jitsu & Muai Thai instead of weight training, and since both sports are so different I kind of had to choose.

I'd probably revert back to my old ways and be somewhat of a beach bum again if you could call it that. I'd either surf daily if I could live by the ocean and ride a skateboard around or spend my time outdoors in some other endeavor. That's the honest truth. I've had such a wide range of interests over the years but have always stayed true to what I started when I was younger which was playing outside either on my bike or skateboard and playing sports. I always lifted weights for athletics and when I got hurt skating, well, the rest is history.

I'd probably spend the money on hair implants and spend all that time on more guitar practice to do what this guy used to do :)

Attachments

• R_I_P__Dimebag_Darrell_Abbott_by_etlgfx.jpg
    R_I_P__Dimebag_Darrell_Abbott_by_etlgfx.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 79
id probably be racing in WERA. I love motorcycles but ive just kind of grown away from it since ive got involved in bodybuilding. I cant afford to do both, i still love to ride just cant afford to race anymore.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws