over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin preworkout- advice

Simon90

Registered
Newbies
I've been using insulin preworkout and have worked up to 6iu.
Thing is I'm going hypo hours after my shot, I understand novorapid(insulin aspart can remain active between 3-5hours so I have most of my daily carbs within this time period) but even still I'm going hypo North of 5hours post pin I think I may need to change carb sources.

15mins pre workout-pin novorapid

5mins later- drink 50g maltodextrin, eaas, glutamine, leucine, taurine, electrolytes, citrulline malate, creatine

Get to the gym (takes 5mins) (workout is around 90mins with warming up) start warming up then sip intra shake between sets finishing before end of workout (100g dextrose, eaas, glutamine, leucine, taurine, electrolytes, citrulline malate, creatine

Get home (5mins after finishing gym)
Drink 125g cream of rice, 70g whey

Around 30-40mins after this shake I get a hypo, bg reading of around 3.3(58/59)

I'll have about 20g fast carbs wait 10mins recheck bg and if its gone up I'll have a meal usually, bagel, egg whites, with oats whey and veg.
There's been times I've checked 10mins later and the bg has dropped so repeat the fast carbs and check again.

An hour after that meal, again the bg is down to around 72 which is when I'll have another meal, chicken, pasta veg.

Am I going hypo because of the cream of rice is spiking my own bg too much too fast and causing me to dump more insulin. Would it be better to half the amount of cream of rice and replace the amount of carbs with powdered oats in the same shake.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance cheers guys

Not sure the answer to your question, but I've never needed to use sugar shakes and fast acting carbs. Bagel, banana, fruit have always did the trick for me. One time I felt a little hypo, an apple was all it took. I'll have smarties in my gym bag just in case but don't need them. I use novalin r and shoot im

Not sure the answer to your question, but I've never needed to use sugar shakes and fast acting carbs. Bagel, banana, fruit have always did the trick for me. One time I felt a little hypo, an apple was all it took. I'll have smarties in my gym bag just in case but don't need them. I use novalin r and shoot im
Have you noticed a difference using it IM vs subq? Is the onset times and peaks the same for you? Or is it faster

Have you noticed a difference using it IM vs subq? Is the onset times and peaks the same for you? Or is it faster
They say it is faster but I have noticed no difference. I eat plenty of carbs on workout days so never worried much about going hypo.

keep simple things simple ... 6iu is a ridiculous small amount, you need very little carbohydrate for this

so
1. eat a meal before training (60-70 minutes before training)
2. give insulin immediately after a meal
3. go to the gym and drink a shake with 20-30g carbs (eaa, arginine, creatine and whatever else you want)
4. start training and drink another sheikh during it
5. eat a wholesome meal after training

simple

keep simple things simple ... 6iu is a ridiculous small amount, you need very little carbohydrate for this

so
1. eat a meal before training (60-70 minutes before training)
2. give insulin immediately after a meal
3. go to the gym and drink a shake with 20-30g carbs (eaa, arginine, creatine and whatever else you want)
4. start training and drink another sheikh during it
5. eat a wholesome meal after training

simple
The thing is I still drank that intra shake before I started insulin use, as I didn't get any bloat etc
Now I'm using the slin I'm going hypo, even with all those carbs, if I lowered the amount of carbs I'm having currently it'll be even worse?

I forgot to mention I also eat a whole food meal upon waking, around 90mins before the gym.

what does your breakfast look like? you have any fats in it, exactly how many carbohydrates, proteins, etc.

write down what exactly you eat
Meal 1(90mins preworkout)- 350g raw egg whites cooked, 50g uncooked oats, 50g whey, 80g green beans, 3g fish oils

80.5g carbs, 70g protein, 7.9g fat

I don't count the macros from any veg just add it to each meal, I don't count protein from things like oats and Bagels etc either just direct sources

it is not surprising that you catch a hypo when you eat less than 40g of carbohydrates for breakfast (I do not know how you counted 80g because you only have 50g of oatmeal there) with such low kcal you do not need completely insulin - especially before training
50g uncooked oatmeal=35g carbs
Bagel= 45.5g carbs

Macros for the day are 560g carbs, 380g protein, 50g Fats
Will be increasing calories this week as weight has stalled so will be adding in more carbs

You may need to add carbs If your that sensitive to insulin. Are you 100 percent sure your measuring correctly (6 iu not 60 iu). If you add carbs, subtract them from a meal later in the day so your overall calories remain the same

You may need to add carbs If your that sensitive to insulin. Are you 100 percent sure your measuring correctly (6 iu not 60 iu). If you add carbs, subtract them from a meal later in the day so your overall calories remain the same
Yes mate 100percent sure lol, for example the other day I had another hypo so had an extra 20g carbs to take my self out of it before having my usual meal. I removed those 20g carbs from my last meal so my total daily carbs remain the same.
I just don't understand why if it's maximum effect is 1-3 hours why I still get such big drops 4-5hrs later. Despite all the carbs I've had in that time

I am wondering if you are taking much more then 6 IUs too. I find it hard to believe anyone can go hypo off all those carbs from that little of insulin.

560g carbs per day? I'm lucky to get in 150g per day and I'm taking 10iu preworkout and 10iu pwo . gatorade during workout is bulletproof get the big one. I always have gatorade and a candy bar near me. you may be measuring injections wrong?

560g carbs per day? I'm lucky to get in 150g per day and I'm taking 10iu preworkout and 10iu pwo . gatorade during workout is bulletproof get the big one. I always have gatorade and a candy bar near me. you may be measuring injections wrong?
Wtf haha, I'd be dead if I tried that lol... Doesn't that not mean your sensitivity is bad if your able to get away with such little carbs on all that insulin?
How big are you? Your able to grow on that many carbs? What's your totals cals?
My food has always been high for my weight, its a nightmare when trying to grow. I've tried high Fats in the fast and it just fucks my digestion up big time. I'll be adding another 500cals this week so that'll be another 80g carbs
Atleast when dieting I can keep food relatively high for a good while

I am wondering if you are taking much more then 6 IUs too. I find it hard to believe anyone can go hypo off all those carbs from that little of insulin.
A few guys in the gym find it hard to belive aswell. I have no issues whilst training, it's the hours after finishing, but I'm still eating alot of carbs post workout also... I can post pics of the bg readings but I don't think it's necessary lol I'm not making it up

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear