over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin preworkout- advice

Simply not true.

I monitored my blood sugar levels and I can still remember it being 60 as it was the first time I tried lantus. I measured it every hour to see how I react. It drop about 3 hours after the shot, which was also 3 hours after my first meal.

I know, according to the pharmacodynamics of the drug, this shouldn't happen, but it did. And not just once. Believe it or not, but why would I make this up?

I monitored my blood sugar levels and I can still remember it being 60 as it was the first time I tried lantus. I measured it every hour to see how I react. It drop about 3 hours after the shot, which was also 3 hours after my first meal.

I know, according to the pharmacodynamics of the drug, this shouldn't happen, but it did. And not just once. Believe it or not, but why would I make this up?
Have a look on the diabetics forums of them having hypos from Lantus.
Doesn’t sound like what’s happening to you , but sometimes if lantus doesn’t crystallise after injection the way it is supposed too then it will act as a rapid acting insulin and cause a hypo if you’re not expecting it.

Just want to make sure . On a 100unit insulin needle , if I withdraw untill the 10mark that is 10iu of insulin correct ?

Try changing the whey to casein or something else. I can't explain the mechanism but whey makes me hypo quite often. My worst hypo episodes have been with no insulin but whey shakes.

In my experience, if I haven't gone hypo by 2 hours post inject it won't happen if I have even a small amount of carbs at that 2 hour mark, like 30 grams. Applies to Novorapid and Humalog. I was caught off guard by Apidra a couple of times though, went hypo 4 hours post shot, not really surprising as it's supposed to have longer active life.

But try switching out the whey. I can't guarantee anything but maybe it's worth a shot?

Another thing, not having more than 10 minutes between sugar/carb intake when the insulin is active. Maybe a bit annoying to do but I never had any hypo problems when having a small trickle of glucose coming in constantly. You might also try mixing in a bit of palatinose/isomaltulose in your dextrose shakes. It will help with the glucose tricle because it's so slow.

Not to me but a story for the thread as I think it's a great protocol for someone advanced. I should add the guy who told me this was clueless (didn't even know how insulin worked) but he had been given it by his coach and it's what he done. I personally think taking insulin just around training is optimal though. If someone is like Luki and very lean and their body is firing on all cylinders then using it 4 times around training (like he does) could be fantastic imo. Anyway this guy (advanced) would use insulin before every single meal... maybe not his last meal but I can't recall. He was using 6iu humalog and I think he had 8 meals so before 7 meals. Now for someone on 5 meals it's 30iu per day so nothing overly bad but sure it will be active for a large portion of the day so I would make sure you have a few days off each week. If someone wants to follow a similar approach I would go with Luki's and dose it mainly around your workouts. You could do pre, pre and post so 3 times which is plenty and will hugely assist in the shuttling of nutrients and overall muscle fullness. I have experimented but I usually just have it pre or post or pre and post.
I've tried this before. In the past 10g per IU was sufficient, even less, for novalin r pre. I recently started again and just took 4iu and was sweating at 80g carbs pre, had to pop a few smarties at gym but then was fine.

But I always did pre, post, and upped dose over time but didn't really see much benefit from slin. For a while I tried pre, pre, post and was Fuller.

I think one issue was I have always done low volume. I recently switched to Milos style giant sets and love it. So giving slin a try paired with higher volume to see if I'm more impressed with the results.

Yesterday I did 17IU insulin pre-workout + 3IU GH. Barely even felt it. Drank my intra carbs 65g and 20g carbs in my postwo shake. Had a meal later with no issues.

Today I did no insulin at all. No intra shake eihter. Just post-workout shake 30g vitargo + 30g isolate + 30g casein. Also did 3IU GH post-workout today. Went shopping for groceries and when I got back home I'm covered in sweat and blood glucose is at 2.4 nmol/l (42.5 mg/dl) clearly going hypo. What's making me go hypo? GH? Tren? The shake I had? Weird stuff.

Yesterday I did 17IU insulin pre-workout + 3IU GH. Barely even felt it. Drank my intra carbs 65g and 20g carbs in my postwo shake. Had a meal later with no issues.
sounds like more carbs + better timing of carbs
Today I did no insulin at all. No intra shake eihter. Just post-workout shake 30g vitargo + 30g isolate + 30g casein. Also did 3IU GH post-workout today. Went shopping for groceries and when I got back home I'm covered in sweat and blood glucose is at 2.4 nmol/l (42.5 mg/dl) clearly going hypo. What's making me go hypo? GH? Tren? The shake I had? Weird stuff.
30g post is almost nothing lol, plus you had no intra. So post you gave 30g carbs to the starving muscle children, they slammed it down with endo insulin and were still hungry

gh would have opposite effect

tren does have an effect on blood sugar

same thing happens to me if i don’t nail all my meals prior to training. Pre wo insulin and intra could be the same but if the tank isn’t as full as it normally is, it throws me off

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws