over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is this true?

kidstuff

Registered
both my mom and my roomate (THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON! LOL) told me that you can't freeze raw food twice.

like, you can't freeze chicken breast, thaw it, but then decide to freeze it again for another time. apparently that's a recipe for really bad food poisoning, as they said.

is this for real, because its sounds like a urban myth. i mean if the food was thawed, but didn't reach the point of bacterial contamination, what would be the harm in freezing it again?

Most packages will tell you not to re-freeze it. So there is some truth to what they're telling you.

kidstuff said:
both my mom and my roomate (THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON! LOL) told me that you can't freeze raw food twice.

like, you can't freeze chicken breast, thaw it, but then decide to freeze it again for another time. apparently that's a recipe for really bad food poisoning, as they said.

is this for real, because its sounds like a urban myth. i mean if the food was thawed, but didn't reach the point of bacterial contamination, what would be the harm in freezing it again?

If there's no contamination how could one get sick? freezing does kill bacteria (I'm not sure about all types)

Depends on how the meat is allowed to defrost. If it is thawed in the refridgerator, then it is safe to refreeze. If it has been thawed outside, the temp would have risen to 41F which would allow bacteria to grow.

freezing doesn't kill bacteria it just stops bacteria from reproducing. but once the bacteria is on the food, even if it is frozen, once its thawed the bacteria "come back to life"

Koevoet said:
Depends on how the meat is allowed to defrost. If it is thawed in the refridgerator, then it is safe to refreeze. If it has been thawed outside, the temp would have risen to 41F which would allow bacteria to grow.

do mean the temp of the air surronding the chicken, or the actual chicken has to rise to 41F?

because i left some frozen chicken outside today for several hours, the air temp was definetly over 41F, but the actual chicken, since it was frozen to begin with was much much colder.

kidstuff said:
do mean the temp of the air surronding the chicken, or the actual chicken has to rise to 41F?

because i left some frozen chicken outside today for several hours, the air temp was definetly over 41F, but the actual chicken, since it was frozen to begin with was much much colder.

The temp of the meat. If no part of the meat went above 41F you should be fine.

You should be ok but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I had food poison
from a bad egg salad sandwitch and never ever experienced pain like
that in my entire life. 12 long hours of wishing I was dead.

Once you freeze meats of any kind when you thaw them out you can not refreeze them...you can put them in the refridgerator for up to 3 days then thats it, it has to go....trust me my neighbor was a butcher and he explained all this to us when we was young ..He also explained what to look for in chicken and beef ..Coloration is the key..I still cant get over how some people leave steaks out for weeks then eat them when they are rotting...

I love rotten steak. And havent you heard of all of the extra protien you get from lots of built up bacteria. :st:r-wars

to refreeze or not?

if the meat never completely thaws out,then it's cool to refreeze.if the meat has thawed completely i would not refreeze.i was a butcher for a couple of years so i learned all about that stuff.

ON A SIDE NOTE: HAVE YOU SEEN THE FOOD STORAGE CONTAINER THAT SHARPER IMAGE HAS?IT HAS SILVER PARTICALS IN IT THAT KEEP THE BACTERIA DOWN FOR LIKE 8-10 DAYS.SO YOUR LEFT OVERS OR WHATEVER YOU SRORE IN THERE STAYS GOOD FOR 2-3 TIMES LONGER THAN NORMAL.

LEAP

SpankyDXM said:
Once you freeze meats of any kind when you thaw them out you can not refreeze them...you can put them in the refridgerator for up to 3 days then thats it, it has to go....trust me my neighbor was a butcher and he explained all this to us when we was young ..He also explained what to look for in chicken and beef ..Coloration is the key..I still cant get over how some people leave steaks out for weeks then eat them when they are rotting...

My training parnter is the head chef in the bigest Hotle in the county were we live and says the same.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws