over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto Diet samples please....

rickyboy36

Registered
Ill be starting my first Keto diet in 3 weeks for a total of 4 weeks and i need some diet ideas that i can follow.I know what food i can eat and stuff,but im sure ill get bored pretty quick if i dont have some sample diets i can follow.

Can some of you please post some up to give me an idea?

Thanks bros
Rick

how much fats are you planning on eating in the day? and roughly how much protein? are you doing any refeeds? I can give you some suggestions with a little more info

how much fats are you planning on eating in the day? and roughly how much protein? are you doing any refeeds? I can give you some suggestions with a little more info

Hey donker

Well i plan on eating roughly 3000 cals(900 cals coming from protein and 2100 from fat).So basically 235 grams of fat..This will be done 6 days a week and ill have a mega carbload saturday not lasting more than 24hours..

Ok first off just so I know where you are coming from why that much fat?

By definition a ketogenic diet is one that induces the sate of ketosis, ketosis is a stage in metabolism occurring when the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies which can be used by the body for energy.

My guess is with you you are doing this kind of diet to shred some bodyfat?

Typically a scientific ketogenic diet, from a fat standpoint, contains nothing more than essential fats that are absolutly necessary for survival and essential nutrients for the body (which changes per individual but should equate to no more than 30 grams). For bodybuilders and atheletes who have chosen to use this form of diet to change bodycomposition the fat quantity can be modified so that it will be suitable for your training regime and energy requirements. Carbohydrate intake as I am sure you are aware should be
minimal, and mainly form a source like leafy green veg which will help to provide the essential vitamins and minerals, carbohydrate intake can again my modified to suit energy requirements and in synergy with your training goals.

With what you have told me there you will be eating 233 grams of dietary fat per day, can you tell me why? If you tell me what it is you want to acheive, your current bodycomposition, I may be able to help you and get a diet that is more suitable for you, but firstly the fats I think is far too high and probably the protein is a bit too low, but to be sure your better explaining what it is you want and why and I can certainly give you an experienced professional opinion, and give you some meal ideas to get you started in the right direction.

If you want more private help PM me I will see to your needs the best I can.

Ok first off just so I know where you are coming from why that much fat?

By definition a ketogenic diet is one that induces the sate of ketosis, ketosis is a stage in metabolism occurring when the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies which can be used by the body for energy.

My guess is with you you are doing this kind of diet to shred some bodyfat?

Typically a scientific ketogenic diet, from a fat standpoint, contains nothing more than essential fats that are absolutly necessary for survival and essential nutrients for the body (which changes per individual but should equate to no more than 30 grams). For bodybuilders and atheletes who have chosen to use this form of diet to change bodycomposition the fat quantity can be modified so that it will be suitable for your training regime and energy requirements. Carbohydrate int.ake as I am sure you are aware should be
minimal, and mainly form a source like leafy green veg which will help to provide the essential vitamins and minerals, carbohydrate intake can again my modified to suit energy requirements and in synergy with your training goals.

With what you have told me there you will be eating 233 grams of dietary fat per day, can you tell me why? If you tell me what it is you want to acheive, your current bodycomposition, I may be able to help you and get a diet that is more suitable for you, but firstly the fats I think is far too high and probably the protein is a bit too low, but to be sure your better explaining what it is you want and why and I can certainly give you an experienced professional opinion, and give you some meal ideas to get you started in the right direction.

If you want more private help PM me I will see to your needs the best I can.

Hey bro.Actually i will be eating around 20 grams of carbs in all that.I just want to keep myself in ketosis.

My goal bro is to lose FAT while maintaining muscle..
Id love to see one of your diets that would suit my needs:)

Thanks
Rick

Hey bro.Actually i will be eating around 20 grams of carbs in all that.I just want to keep myself in ketosis.

My goal bro is to lose FAT while maintaining muscle..
Id love to see one of your diets that would suit my needs:)

Thanks
Rick

Ok you have not been too specific so I will give you a general outline and you can taylor it to your needs yourself.

But let me tell you here and now clear as a bell

Energy balance = calories in - calories out (never mind where that calorie comes from) that is why I think your fat levels are way too high at 233 grams per day, you will not be in sufficient negative calorie balance for the diet to be effective, eating more dietary fat will not automatically mean that your muscle tissue will be maintained, that is more to do with protein synthesis and your protein intake and training.

Basic principals

So first of set your protein per day, unlike carbohydrates and fats, the body does not have any way to store protein except as muscle tissue and in a small pool of Amino acids in the bloodstream, muscle and liver, with that in mind periods of starvation will cause the loss of muscle tissues throughout the whole body, One of the keys to making a ketogenic diet effective in the long run and for an athlete or bodybuilder is providing sufficient amounts of protein at regular intervals through the day. Hence this is why again I thought your protein intake was too low at only 900kcal per day. I have found through experience that between .75 and 1.4 grams of protein per pound of body weight to be an effective guide for you protein intake to be set, the higher of the 2 there the more you are training.

Eg if you are 220lbs then protein should be at 165-308 grams per day, 165 for would be for a more sedentary person, 308 for a strength athlete.
I would assume in your circumstance and goals that you should be around 250-308 = 1025-1262 kcal per day from protein

For effective use of this protein I would brake it down into 6-7 meals and protein is the foundation of every meal in a ketogenic diet.

For example

Breakfast 40 grams
snack 30 grams
lunch 40 grams
snack 30grams
evening meal 60 grams
post workout 40 grams
1 hour before bed 30-40 grams

total protein 270-280 grams

Make sense?

OK next set your dietary fat intake.

Regardless of type all fats are digested in the same way, ultimately being broken down into glycerol and ffa, this energy can be used in a few different ways, either burned as fuel by muscles or the heart, turned back into bodyfat or converted to ketones in the liver. TAKE NOTE> from a scientific standpoint there is no need for dietary fat in a ketogenic diet apart from essential fatty acids which must be consumed throughout the whole diet. Given the same protein intake and minimal carb intake the body fat loss will be directly related to the amount of dietary fat consumed.

This is all why i recommend UDO's ultimate oil blend throughout the whole stage of any ketogenic diet, it contain a perfect blend of omega 3,6,9 and some MTC's for instant energy. And not really a whole lot more than that. UDO's I recommend no less than 30grams per day split over 3 main meals at 10 grams per meal. You may add more as you progress but in the initial induction stage of the ketogenic diet you should stick with that guideline. I take UDO's personally in my shakes and on my salads in the form of dressing with white vinagar or lemon juice, or mixed with low fat ranch or tomato salsa

Setting up your carbs,

OK firstly these need to be low for around the first 10 days (at least in my experience) Here you need to establish ketosis and be strict in order to achieve this, so no more than 20-35 grams of dietary carbs per day, and all of these should come from leafy green vegetables as these will help add a little fibre and some essential vitamins and minerals.

Now as long as it's green and a vegetable and a leaf you can eat a pile of it and I suggest you do every meal as much as possible, they will help you get a nice constant energy balance. I find that many people fail here as they do not eat enough greens while dieting.

here are a few to help you out

Sprouts (bean, alfalfa, etc.)
Greens – lettuces, spinach, chard, etc.
Hearty Greens - collards, mustard greens, kale, etc.
Radicchio and endive count as greens
Herbs - parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.
Bok Choy
Celery
Radishes
Sea Vegetables (Nori, etc)
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Avocado
Cucumber (or pickles without added sugars)
Peppers (all kinds)
Scallions or green onions
Bamboo Shoots
Leeks
Brussels Sprouts
Eggplant
Fennel
Onions
Celery Root

Now that is the foundations to a diet that will be effective in losing bodyfat and protecting muscle tissue as much as possible in a negative calorie state.

What else you need.

Water (drink only water) lots of it, it is absolutely necessary,
Fibre- you can use Psyillium husks to help with digestion and to keep you regular
Vitamins and minerals, these are absolutely key, you need double doses of your multi consider adding ZINC and Chromium, extra VIT C

OK.

Protein needs to come from a lean source

eg

Chicken Breast - 3.5 oz., 30 grams of protein (Go with the 99% fat-free boneless, skinless variety for the leanest choice.)
Turkey - About 7 grams of protein per ounce
Tuna - 6 oz. can, 35 grams of protein
Salmon - 3.5 oz., 27 grams of protein
Eggs - 1 large, 7 grams of protein
Milk - 1 cup, 8 grams of protein (Go with 1% or skim)
Cottage Cheese - 1/2 cup, 15 grams of protein
Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews - 1/4 cup, 8grams, 9 grams, 5 grams of protein
WHEY - the best IMO around 75-90 grams of protein per 100grams
CASIEN- GOOD AS A LATE NIGHT MEAL it is slow digesting 70 grams per 100gram
egg whites in cartons

Fats,

From UDO's and the lean cuts of meat/eggs you consume

Carbs,

If you want to carb up weekly (CKD) then I reccoment not doing this for the first 10 days. then every 7 you will get to know it better the more you do this type of diet.

I hope this helps you out a little more, to give you a sample meal plan would take me a while to write on top of this and I write them personally for clients on a person to person basis including their likes and dislikes incorporating their training and goals, but you have the basic outline of the ketogenic diet, there have been many inventions and reinventions of it but there all basically the same in principal. The best way is to find your own way, and a diet with foods that you like in the style of the ketogenic diet, it is not rocket science.

If you want to really understand from a scientific standpoint there is a great book about this by Lyle Macdonald, which will explain it all for you down to the most scientific point.

good luck I am off to bed ;-)

Wow, donker really goes all out to help people. And some great valuable info too.

Wow, donker really goes all out to help people. And some great valuable info too.

thanks

I have been having trouble sleeping and I can't train cause of broken bones so I have too much time on my hands!! :p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131