advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

longest you've been away from your sig. other?

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
i am curious to see how many of you have been away from your significant other for an extended period of time. like you all know im sure...my girl has been in mexico since aug. 1...so its been a little over 6 months since we have seen eachother. you always hear how long distance relationships never work ect...but how many are the exception to the rule? im thinking that my girl and i will be so much closer and be able to communicate on such a different level having been through this...

i am going to see her at the end of this month for spring break...so it will basically be 7 months since we've seen eachoter. then she'll be down there until may 20, so all told, she will be gone for 10 months, and we will have only seen eacother for 10 days out of that whole time.

i think if 2 people are actually committed to eachother, and can trust the other person to be faithful and truthful, then there is really no reason they cannot work out a long distance relationship.

JT and Lynx- i know JT has mentioned that you 2 have been apart for weeks on end for a few years while lynx was finishing her teaching degree right? what were some of the things that helped you two be able to cope with the other being away?

flexmaster said:
im thinking that my girl and i will be so much closer and be able to communicate on such a different level having been through this...

i think if 2 people are actually committed to eachother, and can trust the other person to be faithful and truthful, then there is really no reason they cannot work out a long distance relationship.

I think you are right on with these 2 statements. I have never done it myself, but fruition is right around the corner for you since she'll be back in May. Good luck brother.

I think your situation is much tougher!

I think it actually helps me to have time alone. I am a much better guy to hang out with if I am able to miss the person. Sometimes if I am around someone all the time...I tend to take them for granted.

As far as things that helped? I'd say trying not to call when I was in a bad mood or if things were bothering me. I also didn't try to control her over the phone. Our one rule was...no drinking or putting ourselves in situations that could lead to unfaithfulness.

We get along really well and both believe in God...so that really helped us live right. When you look at the behavior of most people out there it really is a turn off. I just don't want anyone else. If she would have left me...then that just the way it was going to have to be. That was how I thought about it anyway. Spending all my time thinking about it would have bugged me too much to enjoy each day. I think each day we have and are healthy is a gift...so I wasn't about to sit around being sad. I like to eat and sleep all the time...so that keeps me busy!:D

JETHRO TULL said:
I think it actually helps me to have time alone. I am a much better guy to hang out with if I am able to miss the person. Sometimes if I am around someone all the time...I tend to take them for granted.

As far as things that helped? I'd say trying not to call when I was in a bad mood or if things were bothering me. I also didn't try to control her over the phone. Our one rule was...no drinking or putting ourselves in situations that could lead to unfaithfulness.

We get along really well and both believe in God...so that really helped us live right. When you look at the behavior of most people out there it really is a turn off. I just don't want anyone else. If she would have left me...then that just the way it was going to have to be. That was how I thought about it anyway. Spending all my time thinking about it would have bugged me too much to enjoy each day. I think each day we have and are healthy is a gift...so I wasn't about to sit around being sad. I like to eat and sleep all the time...so that keeps me busy!:D

great answer JT, it looks like you both have a great outlook on life and are very happy together, wish you both plenty more years of happiness and growth. =)

Rob

JustWannaBeHuge said:
great answer JT, it looks like you both have a great outlook on life and are very happy together, wish you both plenty more years of happiness and growth. =)

Rob

Rob, Jt's always on the money except when he's deadlifting...

DOC...NOT ONLY ARE YOU A GREAT PSYCH...

OuchThatHurts said:
Rob, Jt's always on the money except when he's deadlifting...

BUT, YOU ARE ALSO A PRETTY FUNNY FELLA! LOL...I HAD TO ANSWER THE QUESTION "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG" ABOUT A HUNDRED TIMES THIS WEEKEND. I TRIED NOT TO WEAR SHORTS MUCH AT ALL....BUT, I TEND TO GET EXTREMELY SWEATY WEARING THOSE DAMB SWEAT PANTS.

MAYBE I SHOULD JUST WEAR A BAG OVER MY HEAD TOO! LOL..

JETHRO TULL said:
BUT, YOU ARE ALSO A PRETTY FUNNY FELLA! LOL...I HAD TO ANSWER THE QUESTION "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEG" ABOUT A HUNDRED TIMES THIS WEEKEND. I TRIED NOT TO WEAR SHORTS MUCH AT ALL....BUT, I TEND TO GET EXTREMELY SWEATY WEARING THOSE DAMB SWEAT PANTS.

MAYBE I SHOULD JUST WEAR A BAG OVER MY HEAD TOO! LOL..
You KNOW it just wouldn't be me if I wasn't busting your balls right?!? I had to get some staples in my head a few months back for a high dive incident and every single person... "What happened?!?" - I appreciated the concern but the whole "Okay, here's what happened...I was doing high dives with my son and..."

My head hit the bottom of the pool. I was like 240 and did a pencil dive. I guess 12 feet of water was just not enough to stop my fat ass.

Flex master, as far as the distance in relationships, I am reluctant to give any other advice other than "Hold on tight" and I hope she will too. Good luck brutha. Let's all hope you both are meant to be. Hope is a wonderful thing.

to be honest

it has not been as hard as i thought it would. sure sometimes i go crazy missing her, and sometimes i cant help but wonder if she is really being faithful, but all i need to do is hear her voice and i totally good. heres probably my favorite pic of her...please be respectful in any comments made about her...thanks:)

Last edited:
flexmaster said:
it has not been as hard as i thought it would. sure sometimes i go crazy missing her, and sometimes i cant help but wonder if she is really being faithful, but all i need to do is hear her voice and i totally good. heres probably my favorite pic of her...please be respectful in any comments made about her...thanks:)
Wow, she's gorgeous! What's she doing with that big blotch of ink? Oh wait, I see what that is now... anonimity. Seriously, very cute. Good work!

FLEXMASTER....HELL, I MISS HER AND I AM NOT DATING HER!

flexmaster said:

NO WONDER YOU ARE SPAZZING OUT! HAHHAHAHA....JUST FORKING YOU SOME CRAP! I COULDN'T RESIST.;)

OUCHTHATHURTS! YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB ON THIS FORUM.

OuchThatHurts said:
You KNOW it just wouldn't be me if I wasn't busting your balls right?!? I had to get some staples in my head a few months back for a high dive incident and every single person... "What happened?!?" - I appreciated the concern but the whole "Okay, here's what happened...I was doing high dives with my son and..."

YOUR PERSONALITY SHINES THROUGH IN YOUR POSTS. I SORT OF UNDERSTAND YOU BETTER NOW THAT YOU'VE EXPLAINED THE HEAD TRAUMA..IT'S ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW! :)

YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO DROP YOUR RATES DOWN FROM 125-150$ AND HOUR....[JUST GUESSING HERE] TO 25$ AN HOUR UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FOCUS ONCE AGAIN!:D :D

PS. I AM GLAD YOU ARE NOT SOME ARMCHAIR PUSSY! WE'VE GOT A PSYCH WITH SOME BALLS ON HERE!

JETHRO TULL said:
YOUR PERSONALITY SHINES THROUGH IN YOUR POSTS. I SORT OF UNDERSTAND YOU BETTER NOW THAT YOU'VE EXPLAINED THE HEAD TRAUMA..IT'S ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW!

YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO DROP YOUR RATES DOWN FROM 125-150$ AND HOUR....[JUST GUESSING HERE] TO 25$ AN HOUR UNTIL YOU ARE ABLE TO FOCUS ONCE AGAIN!

Why didn't I see this coming?

thanks guys

thanks for the kind words about her guys...she would enjoy hearing you guys say that...:)

She's a beauty!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner