advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixing carbs and fat burners on training days - counter productive?

I dont think your question is all that strange imo. I'm on fat burners and I love dextrose. I tend to believe in nutrient timing after doing a few experiments. What others have said though is correct. Calories in calories out is the only things you should worry about. Try lifting with and without dextrose. No one can tell you what will work better for you.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

I found this from his book:

Consuming 5 grams of carbohydrate (I’ll mention this again in another chapter) about 10 minutes before you train can help a lot with your ability to maintain intensity, by increasing blood glucose back to the normal range. Conceivably,you could even increase this to 15-30 grams of carbs taken during the workout (this only adds 60-120 calories to your diet) as well. If you want to save some of your protein intake and consume it around training (maybe 15 grams of whey immediately before and/or after the workout), this will help to support protein synthesis and limit LBM losses as well.

No, I have found, that the pre-workout carbs actually helps me with fat loss.

I'm doing zero carbs 24/7, so my muscles probably don't have much, if any, glycogen when I train. I like drinking the dextrose during my first warm up set, so blood sugar and insulin are spiking as I hit my heavy sets. Great pumps, and recovery is faster.
I would not use slin without adding in GH, but 2-4iu preworkout and 2 additional spikes a day could aid in fatloss and help prevent muscle breakdown.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Your body can make glycogen. I was ketogenic for almost a year and training was great. If your doing marathon workouts then you probably would be better off consuming some carbs around traing, but short heavy intense training you won't NEED carbs. Now trying to put on lean muscle tissue is a different story!

I'm doing zero carbs 24/7, so my muscles probably don't have much, if any, glycogen when I train.

Your body will form glycogen from protein and vegetables.

Your body can make glycogen. I was ketogenic for almost a year and training was great. If your doing marathon workouts then you probably would be better off consuming some carbs around traing, but short heavy intense training you won't NEED carbs. Now trying to put on lean muscle tissue is a different story!

Yep! Did you do any refeeds? If so, and you don't mind me asking, what did they consist of? Frequency? Number of carbs? Just curious!

There is nothing wrong with using EC or a similar fat burner when trying to gain muscle mass. They don't have any magic powers that prevent you from gaining hypertrophy.

I doubt the body is making glycogen from amino acids when in an extreme deficit, eating less than 1,200 total calories from 225-300g protein each day.

And yes I train higher volume, 4-5 warm up sets and 10-12 working sets for larger muscle groups and 3-4 warm up sets woth 4-6 working sets for the smaller muscles.

Anyways I'll keep taking the fat burners along with my dextrose preworkout.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws