advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My new bulking diet, easiest diet I ever started!

bigdog123

Banned
I have been speaking to a top NPC amateur and mentioned my intention of competing again but after I have added considerable mass. Last time out, I was peeled but at 206 at 5`9 was too small. I need another 10lb of muscle on my frame and intend to get this in 12 months.

I mentioned to him I find it very hard with work and mainyl my appetite to eat a lot of solid foods and relied on shakes in the past.

He has set up the following diet for me to follow:

Meal 1 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 2 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 3 - 250g chicken + COUS COUS or 300g POTATO
Meal 4 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 5 - 5 WHOLE EGGS, 500ML MILK

Post workout - add in 100g glucose and wait 45 mins until the next meal.

This works out at 5,600 calories and 400g protein. I am on day 3 and it seems very easy to get this lot down which is good. I am now 225 and will be aiming for 245 by next winter, before dieting down next spring.

Thoughts?

Could you get a superfoods powder? Something with different vergetables, fruits, etc. in it? Maybe mix that in with some of your shakes?

The first thing I noticed is there is no nutrients in this diet at all.

Don't forget these nutrients are important. I wouldn't rely on a multivitamin to cover your bases.

Just think about all the biological processes magnesium is vital for, or Vitamin D (aka hormone D). What about Zinc? Vitamin C? All those antioxidants in fruits and vegetables that will help your muscle recovery, joints, heart, brain and overall health.

The way I figure it... I do not need muscles to have health. But I need health if I want to keep muscles.

Besides the lack of nutrients in the diet. I would also add in another type of protein in there. I think too much whey will actually lower certain amino acid pools in the body.

i agree with the greens part but i am not completely sold on the powders and extracts. does anyone have any data or studies that show that all the phyto's are still in the extracts? are they degraded or ruined in the process? is it not just better to blend in some berries fruit and or veggies? does blending degrade the fruits veggies? i am not questioning to be an ass it is for education. i end up having trouble eating the amount of food i need as well and have blended broc and spinach into shakes and have used greens+ as well and am concerned that i might be ruining the parts of the food that are most important to me.

I have been speaking to a top NPC amateur and mentioned my intention of competing again but after I have added considerable mass. Last time out, I was peeled but at 206 at 5`9 was too small. I need another 10lb of muscle on my frame and intend to get this in 12 months.

I mentioned to him I find it very hard with work and mainyl my appetite to eat a lot of solid foods and relied on shakes in the past.

He has set up the following diet for me to follow:

Meal 1 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 2 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 3 - 250g chicken + COUS COUS or 300g POTATO
Meal 4 - 175g OATS, 100g WHEY, 20ML OLIVE OIL
Meal 5 - 5 WHOLE EGGS, 500ML MILK

Post workout - add in 100g glucose and wait 45 mins until the next meal.

This works out at 5,600 calories and 400g protein. I am on day 3 and it seems very easy to get this lot down which is good. I am now 225 and will be aiming for 245 by next winter, before dieting down next spring.

Thoughts?

I would never do anything like that. simply just not a good diet

Sometimes simple is good..in this case it is not. This is ok for a week or so, but there are so many holes in it. Not trying to be a dick, just responding as you asked.

JM

If I was to eat whole foods only, i`d be lucky to eat 4,000 a day at a push and I`d never add any more size?

Sometimes simple is good..in this case it is not. This is ok for a week or so, but there are so many holes in it. Not trying to be a dick, just responding as you asked.

JM
damn totally agree, put more whole foods in there, if looking for a higher leucine content then supplement with BCAA's between meals, but get more of a variety of protein sources in there with some red meat, eggs, chicken, turkey. vary your fat source also, get some avacado's and walnuts, mac. nut or oil, dayumm have variety in your life, get an abundance and variety of amino's, vitamins and minerals in your diet.

why not eat as much whole food as possible, then add the liquid in to get the rest of your nutrients in?

I agree, if you rely on shakes like that, you're not going to put on the size you need. If you wanna get close to 245, its gonna be from whole food. The diet he gave you is, in a word, lazy. You have work just as hard in the kitchen and with the fork as you do in the gym. Its never comfortable eating a good bulking diet.

i agree with the greens part but i am not completely sold on the powders and extracts. does anyone have any data or studies that show that all the phyto's are still in the extracts? are they degraded or ruined in the process? is it not just better to blend in some berries fruit and or veggies? does blending degrade the fruits veggies? i am not questioning to be an ass it is for education. i end up having trouble eating the amount of food i need as well and have blended broc and spinach into shakes and have used greens+ as well and am concerned that i might be ruining the parts of the food that are most important to me.

I do agree. Preferably real food blended is best.

Honestly in my opinion his whole diet idea is horrible, but I was trying to suggest he add in AT least something else to it, especially since he seems to be going for pure convenience. "Better of two evils" in a way.

From what I heard about blending vegetables etc, the heat (I think?) from the blender can destroy valuable nutrients supposedly.
It was advised to use grinder type juicers where it doesnt heat up or destroy the enzymes. Like the grinder for wheat grass at Jamba Juices.

Personally, I think that is really micromanaging, and a regular blender isnt going to really do that.

The one thing I do tend to believe is its important to drink a liquified vegetable drink as fast as possible, because certain enzymes in it will degrade if it sits in the liquid too long.

If I was to eat whole foods only, i`d be lucky to eat 4,000 a day at a push and I`d never add any more size?

I see what you're saying here, I used to think the same thing. But the problem is that the diet is simply not very healthy at all. I used to drink alot of protein shakes as well. For me personally I have found that eating 3500 good whole food calories a day is much better than eating 4000 calories in a diet such as what you posted. Simply put, I gained alot more quality size and I felt soo much better (ie no bloating, no protein shake shits, etc.) Also, I might add that at you're size you could definately get away with 3800 to 4000 calories a day to bulk (obviously this is going to depend on alot of things, I'm just using a general rule of thumb.) But just remember bodybuilding is like a marathon not a sprint.

I would look into why your not hungry enough to eat 5000calories of solid food.

Shoot, I barely hit 3,000 a day unless I am pigging out on a bunch of stuff I don't normally eat. Listen to da boyz here, they are trying to help you out.;)

Shoot, I barely hit 3,000 a day unless I am pigging out on a bunch of stuff I don't normally eat. Listen to da boyz here, they are trying to help you out.;)

So the diet below would be better?

5 whole eggs, 100g oats
200g chicken and 80g rice, veg
200g steak and 80g rice
200g steak and 80g rice
100g whey, 50g carbs PWO

This is 3,800 calories.

5 whole eggs, 100g oats
200g steak and 80g rice
200g steak and 80g rice
100g whey, 50g carbs PWO

This is 3,800 calories.

I am so anal about the veggies that i would be having a salad as well with the 2 steak meals and my egg meal would be a spinach and salsa omlet. i just got a meat grinder to help with the chicken an turkey as they get really dry and chewy. and the ground chicken breast makes pretty good salads or can be tossed into some stir fry veggies with the rice. something Massive said made me think about the grinder it has helped me alot.

Tom

5 whole eggs, 100g oats
200g steak and 80g rice
200g steak and 80g rice
100g whey, 50g carbs PWO

This is 3,800 calories.

you aint gonna grow on 3800 cals.unless u weight 100lbs

I do agree. Preferably real food blended is best.

Honestly in my opinion his whole diet idea is horrible, but I was trying to suggest he add in AT least something else to it, especially since he seems to be going for pure convenience. "Better of two evils" in a way.

From what I heard about blending vegetables etc, the heat (I think?) from the blender can destroy valuable nutrients supposedly.
It was advised to use grinder type juicers where it doesnt heat up or destroy the enzymes. Like the grinder for wheat grass at Jamba Juices.

Personally, I think that is really micromanaging, and a regular blender isnt going to really do that.

The one thing I do tend to believe is its important to drink a liquified vegetable drink as fast as possible, because certain enzymes in it will degrade if it sits in the liquid too long.

i end up using the frozen veggies in the blender instead of using ice in the shake i slap some veggies from freezer. fruits and berries as well. But you and i have talked before about alkalinity in our blood helping with many things.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131