over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Training Partner....

SZona

Featured Member
Registered
The day has finally arrived...this week, my son (Sammy) became my newest training partner. The key of it all to me was that it was at his request...Im not dragging him against his will. He is 15 weighing in at around 165 lbs a full 20 lbs heavier than I was at his age. I am pretty excited as I have been looking forward to this moment for some time. I will keep you all posted on his progress! :D

SZ

congratz! That is a very special gift your son has given you.

That's awesome bro. I'm sure it feels really good to have your son WANT to spend more time with you. Quite an honor, because most kids don't even want to be seen with their parents let alone hang out with them. Although you probably look a lot different than most other dads. lol.

That is the coolest thing ever ................some of the best friendships I have ever had were with my training partners .[ something about going through the pain and sweat with one another on a reg basis ......and the mutual encouragement that goes hand and hand with that builds a strong relationship ] I cant imagine how cool it would have been to train with my father , your son is a lucky young man. [ and wow , what a teacher ....damm if he gets past wanting too much too soon, he should be amazing with alittle time ] I admire you for taking the time to spend with your child , I can promise you at 15 he needs you more than ever .........these will be times that he never forgets ......they will shape him as a man ......just be patient , make it fun , and build up his self esteam as much as possible ..........get ready for you relationship to grow leaps and bounds and be taken to a whole new level [ you will now be his friend , hero , father , and partner ] My hat is off to you Mr Zona .......like have said before .......you are damm good bber , but a even better man ......................Good for you and son bro !!!

We sat down together and mapped out his goals for the next year, developed a workable diet for a 15 year old and laid out his training program. Starting him at just 3 days a week all basic movements. On his off days he does agility/plyometrics/speed training or endurance training. He is really excited about it! He wants to be ready for this coming football season. I have been battling the X-Box / Instant Messenger / and cell phone for about 2 years now and it has been quite frustrating, so this is great! Caught him flexing in the mirror like 5 times in the last 2 days.....so funny!

SZ

Iabadman said:
That is the coolest thing ever ................some of the best friendships I have ever had were with my training partners .[ something about going through the pain and sweat with one another on a reg basis ......and the mutual encouragement that goes hand and hand with that builds a strong relationship ] I cant imagine how cool it would have been to train with my father , your son is a lucky young man. [ and wow , what a teacher ....damm if he gets past wanting too much too soon, he should be amazing with alittle time ] I admire you for taking the time to spend with your child , I can promise you at 15 he needs you more than ever .........these will be times that he never forgets ......they will shape him as a man ......just be patient , make it fun , and build up his self esteam as much as possible ..........get ready for you relationship to grow leaps and bounds and be taken to a whole new level [ you will now be his friend , hero , father , and partner ] My hat is off to you Mr Zona .......like have said before .......you are damm good bber , but a even better man ......................Good for you and son bro !!!

I could not have said it better... well said ...IABd.

NW

I have been battling the X-Box / Instant Messenger / and cell phone for about 2 years now and it has been quite frustrating, so this is great! Caught him flexing in the mirror like 5 times in the last 2 days.....so funny!

Good for you, your patience’s has paid off…(after seeing him flex,) I would have gone around the corner and yelled in silence, Ya ha Ya ha…..lol

Iabadman said:
I can promise you at 15 he needs you more than ever .........these will be times that he never forgets

SZona- That is awsome! That will be such rewarding experience for both you and esp. for him, if he doens't already appreciate it now ( which would mean he is a very mature for a 15 year old) He will look backas he gets older on those times you spent with him and really be greatful that you got to spend time with him. Like IaBadman said he will never forget them, I can remember when I was younger and all the way up to about your sons age, my dad and I spent alot of time together getting ready for baseball season and during it as well. He threw me 1000's of buckets ( he had two rotator cuff tears to prove it lol), we had alot of fun spending time together and he worked a ton too so I didn't see him all that much out of season, but when season was around the corner he was always around, those times to me were the best to me and looking back I am very grateful and lucky to have a dad spend time with me as so many kids don't have that pleasure. Have fun, enjoy your sons athletic career whatever he chooses, he will never forget it for as long as he lives I promise you that..

Glad to hear it man, look foward to seeing what he does to those kids out on the football field.

Congratulations!!
Just the thought of my son wanting to train with me makes me smile. :)
My son is only 9 but Im only 27. So hopefully the day will come.
Once again congrats and good luck.

I actually have been quite fortunate in that because I teach...I always have the same vacations as my son. So we have always been able to spend alot of time together...but the last two years or so have been kind of weird. Dad was lame and he had better things to do. I remember distinctly having a conversation explaining to him just how cool I was....LOL! Now that is Lame! He is coming back around. It is typical of that age I guess. I am still not cool but...at least we are hanging out again:)

SZ

Realize said:
Congratulations!!
Just the thought of my son wanting to train with me makes me smile. :)
My son is only 9 but Im only 27. So hopefully the day will come.
Once again congrats and good luck.

Ahhh so you were a young Daddy too huh?! I just turned 32, my son is 15. Yikes! If I could go back....wouldn't change a thing!

SZ

That is so cool! You need to take pictures so you can do comparisons. Those will be priceless later. :)

SZona said:
Ahhh so you were a young Daddy too huh?! I just turned 32, my son is 15. Yikes! If I could go back....wouldn't change a thing!

SZ

Yep, I was 17 when my son was born. He'll be 10 in four months.
Now you can enjoy being a young father. Lift weights, play ball ect...

lynx said:
That is so cool! You need to take pictures so you can do comparisons. Those will be priceless later. :)

Your right....that would be priceless! :D He is a bit camera shy, but I will talk him into it.

SZ

Realize said:
Yep, I was 17 when my son was born. He'll be 10 in four months.
Now you can enjoy being a young father. Lift weights, play ball ect...

Yeah... Its so weird though, even still going to his lacrosse and football games the other parents are like my parents age. I am sure you have experienced it but you get the "so is your little brother on the team?" questions. Its funny. Though it was very difficult for a long time...being a young parents is great. Enjoy it bro!

SZ

Dude that kid is so lucky when it comes to having training and nutrition information. Think of how much faster we all would have grown had we had a dad like SZona around to tell us the right way to do things. To start lifting at 15 with all the right knowledge that kid is going to be jacked if he decides to bodybuild seriously.

Jwillbc55 said:
Dude that kid is so lucky when it comes to having training and nutrition information. Think of how much faster we all would have grown had we had a dad like SZona around to tell us the right way to do things. To start lifting at 15 with all the right knowledge that kid is going to be jacked if he decides to bodybuild seriously.

His focus now is sports and I am encouraging that. There is only a brief window of opportunity in which an individual has the opportunity to participate in competitive sports and I want him to experience all that has to offer. So far he has played football, wrestled, very brief basketball career, baseball, track and last year started lacrosse. Football is by far his favorite and this is what he is presently training for. My wife and I get so excited watching him play and when they finally put him at fullback this past year and he cranked out a 20 yard run on his first carry I about jumped off the bleachers. Nothing compares to watching your kids succeed. Nothing! I do not plan to encourage bodybuilding as a sport for him. Doesn't mean he isn't gonna get jacked though :D but our focus is performance.

SZ

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner