over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off-topic, uncensored, anything goes thread

Does your Volvo have a cylinder cut-out option for gas mileage? My old Suburban did and it wasn't programmed correctly and burned a ton of synthetic oil. There was a recall for the engines it was so bad but the ex wouldn't take it in while I was deployed. I started using a 50% blend version after it hit 140K and no more oil issues.
Being a 2010 it does not have any gas saving tech like turning off the engine at a stop, or going down to just 4 cylinders instead of 6. The dealer had us switch from 50/50 synthetic mix to 100% synthetic and it did no good. We are doing an oil consumption test on it now. The design problem was in the piston rings if I remember correctly. What ends up happening is the walls of the cylinders get scored, so even new pistons and rings do no good. Need a new engine. Volvo will offer us a discount on a new engine. We may do it, not sure. Depends on cost. May just end up adding in a quart or 2 between every oil change.

The new 2018 is only 4 cylinders and does turn off at a stop light.

Ohio. Yikes. I rip through Ohio as fast as I can on my way to Michigan from PA. The few times I got off the Ohio-PA Turnpike I was in the 3rd world. My aunt in Cleveland Heights has a nice place though. Rural PA is same deal. The entire west side of the state from Buffalo to Pittsburgh is the most depressing scene.
South East Ohio reminds me of depressed parts of Pennsylvania. Used to be a thriving steel industry down there. Ironton is one.

Here in Romania, gas prices are higher then USA. Most people have gas efficient cars. I ended buying a 2007 Skodia Octavia. They are actually a VW engine in case no one heard of them. It had low miles and was in perfect condition. I paid 4000 euros cash. This car a diesel and rides real good. I was surprised how good it looked for that age, but the guy who owned it has mechanic service shop here. He also told me he painted it.

My other vehicle is a Harley Davidson.
Cars in Rome! Took this while on vacation. All the cars there were small. My Mercedes E class looked huge.

20190723_170654.jpg

Another cool photo I took of two people in Italy. I think this was Rome. These two were set up on the sidewalk.

DSCN0958.jpg

Cars in Rome! Took this while on vacation. All the cars there were small. My Mercedes E class looked huge.

View attachment 151475
Gas prices are higher then USA. Plus they have cheap public transportation here in Romania, as well as other European countries.

Gas prices are higher then USA. Plus they have cheap public transportation here in Romania, as well as other European countries.
Many in Italy also use mopeds and motorcycles. There's nowhere to park in cities either. It was tough to find a spot. I can see why many don't even own a car. I'd probably just drive a motorcycle. Saw a business woman in a suit driving her sports motorcycle to work in dress shoes!

Out in the country or small towns is where I'd like to live. I can imagine being retired there.

Many in Italy also use mopeds and motorcycles. There's nowhere to park in cities either. It was tough to find a spot. I can see why many don't even own a car. I'd probably just drive a motorcycle. Saw a business woman in a suit driving her sports motorcycle to work in dress shoes!

Out in the country or small towns is where I'd like to live. I can imagine being retired there.
They park on the sidewalks here and illegal spots. No one cares. 😂

They park on the sidewalks here and illegal spots. No one cares. 😂
It was crazy how the motor bikes weaved through traffic and didn't obey most traffic rules. The police didn't care. They get around faster than anybody. All of the traffic circles were overwhelming at first, but after a bit I grew to like them because they allow better traffic flow than stop lights.

It was crazy how the motor bikes weaved through traffic and didn't obey most traffic rules. The police didn't care. They get around faster than anybody. All of the traffic circles were overwhelming at first, but after a bit I grew to like them because they allow better traffic flow than stop lights.
Yep those roundabouts threw me off. They drive crazy around them here. Bucharest has some of the worse drivers I ever seen. I don't see any police giving tickets.

One of my cars is a S63. Absolute crap. The worst car buying decision I ever made.
Constantly into the dealer for fixing things under warranty. Maintenance costs are insane. Parts like brakes cost more than on my Lambos!
I tried to get rid of the piece of shit and the best I was offered by the dealer was 20% of its original value (car is 3 years old). Never again.

My cousin picked up a 2019 C63 AMG super cheap thinking he was going to be billy badass rolling down the street, after spending 8k on his first routine service he sold it for 10k less than what he paid for it a month prior....

I would never own a modern car out of warranty, lease or nothing.....they are nothing but rolling computers made to fail.

My cousin picked up a 2019 C63 AMG super cheap thinking he was going to be billy badass rolling down the street, after spending 8k on his first routine service he sold it for 10k less than what he paid for it a month prior....

I would never own a modern car out of warranty, lease or nothing.....they are nothing but rolling computers made to fail.
I bought my 911 turbo certified, so it had a warranty a few years long. Replaced a few things under it. Then the serious problem happened of course after the warranty was up.

I bought my 911 turbo certified, so it had a warranty a few years long. Replaced a few things under it. Then the serious problem happened of course after the warranty was up.
Isn’t that how shit always plays out! I know my luck is friggin TERRIBLE when it comes to stuff like this….

Cage

One of my cars is a S63. Absolute crap. The worst car buying decision I ever made.
Constantly into the dealer for fixing things under warranty. Maintenance costs are insane. Parts like brakes cost more than on my Lambos!
I tried to get rid of the piece of shit and the best I was offered by the dealer was 20% of its original value (car is 3 years old). Never again.
Yup they all do suck

Isn’t that how shit always plays out! I know my luck is friggin TERRIBLE when it comes to stuff like this….

Cage
Yeah, its the risk you take when owning any car for a long time. Im not into buying a new car every 4 years or leasing. I like to buy and own a long time. I think I have fixed all of the major crap that goes wrong on my 911. It has 65,000 miles on it and so stuff has had a chance to break down. The engine, the Mezger, and the transmission are supposed to be built like a tank. The shop I go to has great confidence in them and they tell me the truth. Im hoping I am done with big repairs. Last thing I had to do was replace an inside door handle/latch and that was only about $450 with labor.

Why am I still having to cut my yard in friggin January!!!!! Christ!

Cage

Man that’s a stiff overhand right.
Absolutely starched

have you been to Transylvania? I have a nice big portrait tattoo of VLAD TEPES on my calf
Plenty of times. Brasov is a beautiful area. Pele's Castle is stunning up that way.

Man that’s a stiff overhand right.
Absolutely starched
Wild… Ol boy was about to throw anutha but saw he was like a tree falling in slow motion. Never saw someone’s legs stay stiff like that while standing… Usually the knees buckle somewhat.

Cage

are you doing DIY projects with your partner MORE THAN NORMAL????
do find yourself eating more ice cream than usual????
do you find that dog food looks appetizing????
does your elbow itch sometimes...???
have you lost your backscratcher....???

EDIT: GIVE THE GREIVANCE POLITICS A REST. UNEMPLOYMENT TO 3.9% TODAY, MARKETS JUST OFF RECORD HIGHS, 28% LAST YEAR, ENJOY YOURSELF

donate now

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear