over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions.. Adderall

Soulstealer

Registered
I have a prescription for 25mg Adderall XR... This is the first time I'm going to diet on it and usually I add an ECA/Y stack and or clen... I take 1 in the morning and usually drink a cup of coffee. I was thinking about just adding yohimbine in the morning and taking an ECY in the afternoon. Some input would be appreciated.

Dave Palumbo addressed stimulant based ADHD drugs in his old Q&A thread back at MD. If I remember correctly, these drugs simply keep the CNS stimulated too often, impeding in recovery. If you asked this at RX Muscle I'm sure he'd give you a more clear answer.

I was wondering about that... I'll give it a shot... I would even mind stopping the script while I was dieting just looking for opinions on the topic... thanks...

I think what Soulstealer is saying is that he is on Adderall XR for a legit reason. He isn't trying to use the A-XR for dieting purposes. I could be wrong in my assumption.

I think the logic behind the CNS stimulants being detrimental to recovery stems from the fact that your adrenal glands are being stimulated and cortisol is produced in the adrenal glands. That's why, when you have a bad cold or some respiratory bug and go to the doctor to get a shot to knock it out (usually Rocephin and corticosteroids...and hopefully some Lidocaine, if the doc isn't a sadist.), you instantly feel like you could run a marathon. The CS shot stimulates your adrenal glands and makes you hyper as a 4 year old that just drank a cup of chocolate syrup.

I don't have any diet input. Sorry. I am going to have to re-visit this Yohimbine stuff. I took some several years ago and it just made me nervous...and not in a good way. Maybe my body chemistry has changed a little and I would like to see if it treats me any differently, now.

I think what Soulstealer is saying is that he is on Adderall XR for a legit reason. He isn't trying to use the A-XR for dieting purposes. I could be wrong in my assumption.

I think the logic behind the CNS stimulants being detrimental to recovery stems from the fact that your adrenal glands are being stimulated and cortisol is produced in the adrenal glands. That's why, when you have a bad cold or some respiratory bug and go to the doctor to get a shot to knock it out (usually Rocephin and corticosteroids...and hopefully some Lidocaine, if the doc isn't a sadist.), you instantly feel like you could run a marathon. The CS shot stimulates your adrenal glands and makes you hyper as a 4 year old that just drank a cup of chocolate syrup.

I don't have any diet input. Sorry. I am going to have to re-visit this Yohimbine stuff. I took some several years ago and it just made me nervous...and not in a good way. Maybe my body chemistry has changed a little and I would like to see if it treats me any differently, now.

Ya... I'm sorry if I didnt make that clear... I'm not using it to diet... I'm dieting on it while using it for a legit purpose...

Ya... I'm sorry if I didnt make that clear... I'm not using it to diet... I'm dieting on it while using it for a legit purpose...

It will supress your appetite and give you more energy, these effects will level off after your body has adjusted to the meds. I have a client on XR and he diets and works out the same as everyone else. Just be careful, as any amphetamine has a high potential for abuse.

I am on MD prescribed Adderal XR 30mg

It significantly suppresses my appetite. It also may dehydrate you to the point that you have very noticable aches and pains. PM me with any questions.

Be careful about just stopping. You will probably need to titrate it out of your system. Ask your doc before you make any changes to the dose.

Hi,

I just started Adderall XR @ 30mg a day about a month ago. Just began a new cycle as well last week. Test P/Npp/Var/Prami/Letro. All that junk + Adderall. The Adderall has definitely made a positive impact on my training. I actually have ADHD and I feel much more focused in the gym. I have read that a stim + another stim like ECA can be pretty unhealthy for you. Heart is basically beating out of your chest. I'd be careful with the 2 stimulant combos...definitely listen to your body and check your pulse and BP while doing your cardio to make sure your heart isnt going to explode on you. As far as what the guy above said about impeding recovery idk anything about that, and as I'm on gear I can't say whether or not I've noticed any difference in recovery time.

BTW: Id say the Adderall works for me about as well as ECA does. It is tough for me to get food down in the middle of the day. I eat a big breakfast then take my Adderall, and most of the rest of my meals are smaller than usual. But this may change over time as your body gets used to the Adderall.

Hi,

I just started Adderall XR @ 30mg a day about a month ago. Just began a new cycle as well last week. Test P/Npp/Var/Prami/Letro. All that junk + Adderall. The Adderall has definitely made a positive impact on my training. I actually have ADHD and I feel much more focused in the gym. I have read that a stim + another stim like ECA can be pretty unhealthy for you. Heart is basically beating out of your chest. I'd be careful with the 2 stimulant combos...definitely listen to your body and check your pulse and BP while doing your cardio to make sure your heart isnt going to explode on you. As far as what the guy above said about impeding recovery idk anything about that, and as I'm on gear I can't say whether or not I've noticed any difference in recovery time.

BTW: Id say the Adderall works for me about as well as ECA does. It is tough for me to get food down in the middle of the day. I eat a big breakfast then take my Adderall, and most of the rest of my meals are smaller than usual. But this may change over time as your body gets used to the Adderall.

Same for me. I have to time mine so I can eat enough. That actually helps with the diet. As far as other stimulants I have been losing more weight than I intended to so I haven't tried other stimulants very often. I do know that if I get too much of anyhting like caffine it seems to hit harder than before the Adderall.

After you take adderall for a while, OTC stims seem pretty useless. Afterall adderall is an amphetamine. In my part of the country adderall is widely prescribed, mostly to women it seems. I know at least 10 women who have legal scripts for adderall. Its mostly for weight loss and because they have "focus" problems.

Agreed

It significantly suppresses my appetite. It also may dehydrate you to the point that you have very noticable aches and pains. PM me with any questions.

Be careful about just stopping. You will probably need to titrate it out of your system. Ask your doc before you make any changes to the dose.

As with most of his posts, this is excellent information/advice. I used adderall and dexadrine for staying up late cramming for exams. I also used adderall and phentermine when I was playing football for performance reasons. I hate anything that speeds me up, but it had its uses. That said I have also seen the downside to the drug. Fortunately for me I did not see them as a recreational drug, and did not like the feeling of amphatamines. However, I knew a few folks that had a REAL problem with them, especially the ladies. It can ruin lives (like many drugs can) and should be used cautiously. Avoid using if possible.

I find it difficult to train while on amphetamines (ie Adderall).

Adderall = DIRTY

Sage Advice

I find it difficult to train while on amphetamines (ie Adderall).

As many will say - the legitimate fear with these powerfully addicting drugs is when one has to say -

"I find it difficult to do anything unless I take my amphetamines."

Go dopamine! Go!

Boy this thread to a turn.

adderall isn't much different than meth.

Bro I wouldnt mess with it. It s trash and it s just another version of crystal meth.

I used to take 30mg xr everyday. I could train for hours, but I could hardly eat until late night when it wore off. I stopped taking it for a couple months and gained 15 solid lbs. Yes, solid, barely any fat. I stopped taking it to join the Marines, and I do not regret doing so. I find it harder to get motivated, but I just crack open a red bull or drink some coffee for a nice jump. Also, it is much easier to sleep without it. Also, my grades slipped when I went off the medication, but in the end of the day, I feel good, so it is all good with me.

My advice to anyone taking the time release, switch to tabs and break them into pieces. that way, you can take only a bit at a time and only take it when needed. you will find that popping 5-7mg once a day will wake you up in the morning and for teh rest of the day you should feel pretty good. time release is garbage in my opinion, and i would know, having spent a couple years on it.

Bro I wouldnt mess with it. It s trash and it s just another version of crystal meth.

It is chemically similar to Meth but then again so is ephedrine and pseodoephedrine. The fact is they are different however I do have to agree that you should stay away from adderall unless you truly need it for a medical condition. And just because you can get it prescribed to you does not mean you actually need it. You need to be really honest with yourself because you are the only one who will truly know if you need it or if you just like it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear