over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oral AAS and glycogen storage

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've always wondered what the science is behind orals and improved glycogen storage.

Is this an attribute of liver metabolism? Is is because orals and injectables are fundementaly different compounds?

I don't think there is any research on this, nor will there likely be.

Any insight or thoughts on this beyond anecdote and bro science?

This orals in general across the board?
I feel that the majority work this way.
For me it's:

Anadrol
Anavar
Superdrol
Dianabol
Turinabol
Methyltrienelone

Anadrol is a good prep drug because it helps glycogen loading in the last week. Superdrol as well.

Can also confirm

i get the most pronounced effects from superdrol and mtren

Can also confirm

i get the most pronounced effects from superdrol and mtren
Mtren is so "efficient" at this I go hypo on just 1mg if not careful.

Mtren is so "efficient" at this I go hypo on just 1mg if not careful.
Oh yeah big time. mtren is strong AF and in and out quick, which i’m grateful for because anything in the tren family makes me nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Superdrol is just on another level for me. Hadn’t used any in a while and started taking 10mg daily……it’s like where the hell did this scale weight come from. Also been having some knee pain doing squats, been going light, but since starting the superdrol the supporting muscles are so pumped that the knee is stabilized (best guess 🤷🏻‍♂️) and theres no pain. Haven’t even needed sleeves

many bodybuilders use orals such as superdrol halo or anadrol before guest posing or some expo

Just add anadrol or sdrol a week before cut the test a litle and the day before load carbs with insulin and give a bit of diazide at night - it's a common practice but no one talks about it
will not say

many bodybuilders use orals such as superdrol halo or anadrol before guest posing or some expo

Just add anadrol or sdrol a week before cut the test a litle and the day before load carbs with insulin and give a bit of diazide at night - it's a common practice but no one talks about it
will not say
Makes total sense. A bit of anadrol or superdrol and I can be (and feel) full and be hyper-aware of every muscle. Ideal for a posing appearance.

I feel that the majority work this way.
For me it's:

Anadrol
Anavar
Superdrol
Dianabol
Turinabol
Methyltrienelone

Anadrol is a good prep drug because it helps glycogen loading in the last week. Superdrol as well.
Yeah I figured it would be more with the “bulking” type on orals. Surprised to see Var on that list.

i asked this question to alex kikel before, i said if im on week 12 of a lets say 1.5 gram test cycle and i increase to 2 grams i hardly see any difference in muscle and strength , but if i just add even 25-50mg of anadrol to that cycle within days i am stronger and more full and pumps. that would equate to an increase from 1500 to 1675 or 1850. he said thats cause anadrol doesn't just bind to ar or something like that it works on different pathways i forget the explanation.

im fine with the mystery of certain things when it comes to PEDS, just knowing it works is good enough LOL, im sure some scientist knows the exact mechanism.

i asked this question to alex kikel before, i said if im on week 12 of a lets say 1.5 gram test cycle and i increase to 2 grams i hardly see any difference in muscle and strength , but if i just add even 25-50mg of anadrol to that cycle within days i am stronger and more full and pumps. that would equate to an increase from 1500 to 1675 or 1850. he said thats cause anadrol doesn't just bind to ar or something like that it works on different pathways i forget the explanation.

im fine with the mystery of certain things when it comes to PEDS, just knowing it works is good enough LOL, im sure some scientist knows the exact mechanism.
Yes, it is an undeniable fact - if you are on the cycle for a long time and do not feel any progress, increasing the injection by even a few hundred mg does not give much when it comes to a clear perceptible boost - but adding even a relatively small oral dose definitely does

How much Mtren do you take?
Only 1mg. More than enough to feel the effects quite strongly - both good and bad.

Increased activity of glycogen synthetase. See

E n d o g e n o u s S t e ro i d
P ro f i l i n g i n t h e
A t h l e t e Bi o l o g i c a l
P a s s p o r t
Pierre-Edouard Sottas, PhD *, Martial Saugy, PhD, PD,
Christophe Saudan, PhD

Endocrinol Metab Clin N Am 39 (2010) 59–73

Anabolic–androgenic steroids (AAS) represent a class of steroidal hormones affiliated
with the hormone testosterone. Testosterone is produced naturally in the human body
and conjugated mainly with glucuronide and sulfate before excretion in urine (phase 2
metabolism). The androgenic effects of testosterone and its prohormones generally
are associated with masculanization and virilization, while its anabolic effects are
associated with protein building in the body. 1 In power sports, exogenous AAS
primarily are used as myotrophic agents to promote muscle mass and strength.
Although their efficacy in terms of improved physical function has been debated
during decades, 1,2 a comprehensive study by Bhasin and colleagues demonstrated
in 1996 that testosterone can act as a performance-enhancing substance when supra-
physiological doses are administered. 3 Exogenous AAS also are known to be used in
endurance sports for improved recovery. Endurance athletes favour low (to limit myo-
trophy) but frequent doses for replacement levels. Indeed, overtraining-induced stress
can upset the balance between anabolic and catabolic states of the hormones of the
endocrine system. Some endurance athletes may find in synthetic AAS an
ergogenic supercompensating agent for sustained testosterone concentrations and, in turn, a performance-enhancing substance to allow more intense training sessions. In addition, it has been shown that testosterone not only plays an important role in muscle metabolism during the regeneration phase after physical exercise, but also seems to increase the ability of the muscle to refill its glycogen storage through an increased activity of the muscle glycogen synthetase

These two citations describe the it further.

4. Urhausen A, Kindermann W. The endocrine system in overtraining. In: Arren MP,
Constantini NW, editors. Sports endocrinology. Totowa (NJ): Humana Press;
2000. p. 347–70.

5. Gillespie CA, Edgerton VR. The role of testosterone in exercise-induced glycogen
supercompensation. Horm Metab Res 1970;2:364–6

P a s s p o r t
Christophe Saudan, PhD

Anabolic–androgenic steroids (AAS) represent a class of steroidal hormones affiliated
with the hormone testosterone. Testosterone is produced naturally in the human body
and conjugated mainly with glucuronide and sulfate before excretion in urine (phase 2
metabolism). The androgenic effects of testosterone and its prohormones generally
are associated with masculanization and virilization, while its anabolic effects are
in 1996 that testosterone can act as a performance-enhancing substance when supra-
physiological doses are administered. 3 Exogenous AAS also are known to be used in
endurance sports for improved recovery. Endurance athletes favour low (to limit myo-
trophy) but frequent doses for replacement levels. Indeed, overtraining-induced stress
can upset the balance between anabolic and catabolic states of the hormones of the
ergogenic supercompensating agent for sustained testosterone concentrations and, in turn, a performance-enhancing substance to allow more intense training sessions. In addition, it has been shown that testosterone not only plays an important role in muscle metabolism during the regeneration phase after physical exercise, but also seems to increase the ability of the muscle to refill its glycogen storage through an increased activity of the muscle glycogen synthetase

4. Urhausen A, Kindermann W. The endocrine system in overtraining. In: Arren MP,
2000. p. 347–70.

5. Gillespie CA, Edgerton VR. The role of testosterone in exercise-induced glycogen

Yes, it absolutely exists. But why do the orals create a disproportionately larger effect than testosterone?

P a s s p o r t
Christophe Saudan, PhD

2000. p. 347–70.

ORAL STEROIDS, NOT TESTOSTERONE
😘

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311