advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible to make big gains in your mid 30s?

i was 5'11 185-190 when i was around 40. got on gear and got to 235 in 3 years.
added 7 inches upper body, 3 on legs, 2.5 on arms and neck. so yeah, u can grow when u get older. i looked nowhere near as good as mytreefiddy but then again im not on stage. just wanted to see what could happen, and since i was on trt anyway....why not experiment.

Granted I'm not well into my 30's, but so far my best gains ever have come from the age of 30 on...

I think it's a combination of trainer smarter and having better resources at my disposal. From the ages of 20-30 I barely put on a couple of pounds.... From 30 to 31 I put on over 10 lbs of stage weight.

I did my all time best bench press at age 36. 340 lbs. I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that could bench 340 without using any gear...but I'm still pretty proud of it. I'm very average in terms of strength. If I had never used gear...I'd say my best bench would have been in the 225-250 range. So yes....can you make gains in strength and size when in your 30's?...you bet you can.

Hell Yes

Everyone knows that the best gains are made when you're young. I didn't start training well until my mid 20's and didn't start using AAS until my late 20's.

Im 34 now and have made decent gains - like 200 lbs lean at 5'9, but I'd like to get up to like 230. Is this even possible for somebody with average genetics at my age? I mean, assuming I use everything under the sun including GH and insulin, is this a realistic goal?

Sir you most certainly can achieve that goal. I lifted natural til I was 48 old and then learned the nutrition gig and did my first cycle . long story short went from 190 ish @ 6'3 to 265 when i was 57. Strongest and looked best at that time. 61 old now. No reason for the slin and gh.. be reasonable and safe CL99

I Peaked just over 3 weeks ago...
I found Peaking sucks because from there you only Regress...

Of course you can make gains, and even if you have been lifting since your teens. I was still making gains when I had my heart attack at age 38. All of my lifts were at an all time high.

hell yes you can gain im 55 im the biggest i have ever been in my life its about traing intensity and eating enough calories to grow but now have sleep apnea may need a cpap so theres the trade off health or size?

Shawn Rhoden is in his 40s. Kevin Levrone retired in his 30s, went from below 200 to his current state and he is in his 50s.

Maybe OP does need a break to down shift and then come back to see new gains.

Last edited:
Thanks Dev!.... HGH baby!... LOL... appreciate it my friend.....Hoping to do well in the 40+ & 45+ at Masters Nationals in July..... lessee what happens my friend..
You will do lethal matey. will do serious damage. All the best to you. Best wishes.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Friend of mine is early 40's and just won a show this weekend. IMO he looks better than 20 years ago. Motivates me cause I certainly hope to make gains and I am close to 60 as I am to 30

I thought I'd post a little update. I just hired a professional coach to optimize my diet, workout, and "supplementation."

i'm lifting for like 2 hrs a day 5 days a week now, diet is spot on, and my cycle/GH etc is optimized.

So I'm gonna give it my all... we'll see. I'm going for +30 lbs in 3 years.

Best gains are made mid 30's in my experience. If keep doing things smart and consistent gains can continue til @43 yrs old. From what i have seen.

I am 39 yrs old so time will tell when my gains stop. I think they are done. Body aches and i have a few injuries that prevent me from a bunch of exercises and/or heavy weight.

At 39, i am focusing on the pump more in the gym than poundage. I used to skip cardio now i never do... and I am not into any AAS that causes water retention. The getting big n swole days n pounding food are over. If i do that now my bp goes thru the roof and i prob couldnt get the fat off!?

Number 1 most important piece of advice i can give you is do NOT get hurt! mid to late 30's and on are injury prone years. Think about it, your body will be aging so ligaments and tendons will become weaker as time goes. Yet, your goal is to make best gains from now til long as you can. so your strength will go up and if on AAS will be unnaturally strong while joints get weaker. just keep that in mind! i believe i got injured a few times cuz i failed to accept that logic. use gh maybe that could help...
-F2S

I am 33 and over the last year Ive had my best diet ever by far. I was on no gear the last 2 years do to questionable issues but got the green light so I will be posing progress pics soon!

At 48 I am still the standout in the Gym at anytime!!!lol
Big and Ripped!
But it's Chicago not California...

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 132
Granted I'm not well into my 30's, but so far my best gains ever have come from the age of 30 on...

I think it's a combination of trainer smarter and having better resources at my disposal. From the ages of 20-30 I barely put on a couple of pounds.... From 30 to 31 I put on over 10 lbs of stage weight.

Didn't you just win featured member in the under 25 category?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws