advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

reasoning behind your style of EATING...

Dr. Intensity i love ya bro!
but you have managed to single handedly take all of the fun out of the JOURNEY of building muscle lol!

no body exists in a vaccum. genetics, stress, money, time, health, etc etc all have influences on routine and appetite and strength and etc etc. so unfortunately as much as we might all like to sum up muscle building into a mathematical equation we cannot.

the most effective way i have learned to build muscle is by getting a macro ratio that is conducive to your goals and then over time up hormones. thats really about it. the up in hormones will cause strength which will up metabolism which will in turn boost hunger which will up muscle gains which will boost strength which will up metabolism etc etc etc i found that as i got bigger i ate more and as i got leaner i ate more.
i might be wasting my breath here but i just want to remind everyone that it really is a simple process in the grand scheme of things.
proper food+proper training+proper drugging= proper muscle gains

there are no absolutes tho. no equation that can be applied to everyone. too many other factors.

to answer the original question.
i think those two guys on that dose would look amazing similar. thats enough juice to keep gains/metabolism very high and so even the one eating more carbs will still be lean. only difference is the one eating more carbs may feel better cuz he has more carbs while the other one might be feeling a bit more deprived. hypothetical of course. impossible to know.
-JS

no sir,
its a fun thread, i am not trying to prove or diapprove any thing.... but some sort of discussion " should be the flavour of the day...its not that i don`t know the answers or anything, all i try to do this to have some, leg pulling different guru`s argue over simple stuff..lenny`s comments...phil hernon ...riddle like posts..b-boys..comments etc etc.....sir i suggest you take it as in good humor this is just a fun thread, and i m not looking for an answer about my training diet or AAS use..

hypothetical calculations are absolutely nonsense, but very good for the sake of discussions.. don`t u think so?

its like making new friends etc
Dr intensity

no sir,
its a fun thread, i am not trying to prove or diapprove any thing.... but some sort of discussion " should be the flavour of the day...its not that i don`t know the answers or anything, all i try to do this to have some, leg pulling different guru`s argue over simple stuff..lenny`s comments...phil hernon ...riddle like posts..b-boys..comments etc etc.....sir i suggest you take it as in good humor this is just a fun thread, and i m not looking for an answer about my training diet or AAS use..

hypothetical calculations are absolutely nonsense, but very good for the sake of discussions.. don`t u think so?

its like making new friends etc
Dr intensity

i know brother!
well, you know what i have done and what i think:)
and i love a good discussion.
-JS

Not meant as a personal attack on you dr!

so from now on we`ll be best friends,,,, even u attack, i`ll take it in good humor..lol. you all are good people and spending time here is in it self great fun.

Dr. Intensity...here's something to think about (not taking a shot at you, but putting things into perspective)

there's a reason why the dumbest bodybuilders are the biggest and most ripped...

there's a reason why ALL of the huge and ripped bodybuilders I personally know are very low on the intelligence scale...

;)

Dr. Intensity...here's something to think about (not taking a shot at you, but putting things into perspective)

there's a reason why the dumbest bodybuilders are the biggest and most ripped...

there's a reason why ALL of the huge and ripped bodybuilders I personally know are very low on the intelligence scale...

;)

thank you buselmo, i needed this encouragement maybe i `ll be in the top 3 at arnold classic 2011..lol...:D

hey guys and girls come on in

i am a good guy, i incline bench press 345 x 8.................ok fine lets get back to our discusssion....

so Magnum , lenny , tenny b-boy Maasive G Phil hernon ...my best online Buddy Dante trudel(i miss u bro, its been long time,now u stopped handing over my ass.lol...no homo:D..).. do u believe in force feeding...if yes then why?

if no then why?

the question is simple

if a 170 pound guy eats like a 240lbs guy diet will he gain "more muscle" than if he ate 230lbs guys diet, or even 220lbs diet.
where amount of protein is same = 2 x 170 lbs = 340grams/protien
hormonal status same = 500mg/test/week.
its just the protien sparing macros that are different...

i`ll try to oversimplify my question

OVER DOING protien sparing MACRONUTRIENTS For example for a 170lbs guy..... 200grams of Fats and 800grams carbohydrates are protein sparing effect..... and he is gaining muscle as well as fat. (BUT THE GUY IS FORCE FEEDING...he feels so)

now if the same guy did 100grams of fat and 400grams of carbohydrates, they will have “ the same protein sparing effect as compared to the macros above. ( he does`t feel over fed)

where amount of protein is same = 2 x 170 lbs = 340grams/protienin both cases

so what is your opinion on force feeding?
-will it acclerate the protien synthesis rate?
or
-will it not accelerate protien synthesis rate, and remain the same as it was before?
if it does not accelerate protien synthesis rate

then what component of bodybuilding should be manipulated to continue the muscle growth process?
-changing exercises?
-start eating 500 grams of extra protien than his previous protien intake.?
-manipulating hormone levels?

thanks
Dr Intensity

Last edited:
Why complicate it so much. Why not just let your muscle and training dictate your hunger - your body gives us tells, just listen to them and respond to them. Each and every time I add pound of muscle on, my appetite usually goes hand and hand with it. Same goes with training certain muscle groups, I starve for food the next day after those training days - And yes I eat, sometimes it is every 2 hours, sometimes it is every hour, it just depends on my hunger...just know what macro's you want and go from there for each meal. I understand super supps can help with the body to absorb more food and utilize more food, but still if you want to be a 205lb person, eat like one...do not just start eating like a 230lb person to get big (fat) and add minimal muscle. Take it step by step. Once you are the real deal muscular 205lb person, then move on to the 210lb concept, things will have to increase from there, trust me. Things will progress accordingly, some it will happen faster, some it will happen slower...just accept your body's ability to respond to the environment you put it into. Force feeding just to reach a certain number of calories, just makes me never want to eat. Find out your macro's and go from there...which can change often on the total amount.

Scenarios look great on paper, but just some many different variables we deal with it when dealing with differences from individual to individual...learn your body and as many prep coaches do, they learn their clients body's by how they respond to all aspects from eating to supps to training to recovery...etc.

Exactly what I'm learning about myself. I know I'm growing when my appetite increases. I don't do the opposite and try to increase my calories to make myself grow. Can't let the tail wag the dog.

Johnny Smiles or Phil hernon comments

Hey johnny smiles and phil hernon,

you are famous for your "growing into the show concept", i have a few [queries regarding your approach, because as you know i am dumb and many people who don`t have a solid grasp over "eat when hugry concept" so what else can they do to "GROW INTO A SHOW".

so i need to put up a hypothetical example to make you understand my question. So there is Mr A who is at present 240lbs at 18-20 percent bodyfat. he decides to compete by using your "growing into the show concept" but has no idea how to do it..lol,.... so he applies his limited common sense which is

A)The primary requirement for losing body fat is to Establish a Calorie deficiet diet, so he goes by the general formula to calculate calories according to his lean body mass which is usually lean body mass (200) x 11-12 = 2200-2400 calories/day.

B) Establishing protein intake generally people use 1.5g/lean body mass, but now that he has to grow in to the show probably needs higher amount of protien so he consumes 450-500grams of protien = 1800 calories.(rest of the calories ie 600 -800calories from carbohydrates and healthy essantial fatty acids).

C) Progressive lifting now that he wants to "grow into a show" he needs to "gain muscle" and NOT even "Maintain muscle"
progress in the lifting poundages = muscle growth

D) Progressive lifting on calorie deficit diet is extremely difficult for a NATURAL bodybuilder, so he starts with 500mg test and his lifts begin to to improve until 4 weeks so he bumps his dose to 750mg/test and keeps on improving his lifts.. untill he goes from 750mg--1000mg--1250mg--1500mg---1750mg---2000mg---2500mg---3000mg.

E) while he was improving his lifts, calorie deficit nature of the diet + Cardio were simultaneously working towards their main purpose which was fatloss,

F) while he was improving his lifts continously, this progresive lifting simply signifies that he was gaining muscle, the muscle gain also increased his BMR and further helped in assisting fat loss, so prolly he would need to increase his already high protien intake

IN ORDER TO GROW INTO A SHOW, BODYBUILDER HAS TO CREATE A PHYSIOLOGICAL ENVIROMENT WHICH IS ----- CONSUMING CALORIE DEFICIT DIET OR BELOW MAINTAINENCE DIET----BUT SUPER HIGH PROTIEN + PROGRESSIVE AAS DOSING, for those who don`t have a firm grasp of "Eating when Hungry Diet concept"

1. So my question is the person who was 240 lbs at 18 - 20 percent body fat can he come onstage weight of 223-225lbs? of course u cannot answer in absolutes, but i am asking this from your general experience.

2. Can this approach be applied to a intermediate body builder say 180 lbs at 5 feet 8 inches 10 percent bodyfat tall who has not reached his genetic limit of muscle growth, to become a 260lbs mass monster, or the person should stay on calorie surplus diet (high protien) untill he reaches upto his genetic limit of muscle growth assuming it to be 260 lbs.

3. Once on reaching his genetic limit, he can stay off for 6 months/year... and then apply the "Growing into the show concept" where muscle memory will be another positively contributing factor.

4. Overall can we establish ? that "growing into a show" concept can only be applied for those bodybuilders who have achieved their genetic limit of muscle growth, or who want to compete in the same weight category?.

i would really appreciate your input.
Dr intensity

Last edited:
i am a good guy, phil, johhny, b-boy dante.
i can incline bench 345 X 8
squats 455 x 12.
leg press 700 x 35 reps.
and i love you all my dear forum members

dave pulcinella = "below maintainance calories and above maintainance nutrient levels". how you grow into a show

good saying :headbang:

dave pulcinella = "below maintainance calories and above maintainance nutrient levels". how you grow into a show

exactly b-boy, thank you... (atleast some one supported me) this may work for ppeople who do not have a firm grasp of "eating when hungry concept"

AGAIN......it all depends on WHERE you are starting from...

an experienced guy can "grow into a show"
by simply NOT training for awhile
staying clean for awhile and getting alittle
outta shape......(like your hypothetical example)

then BAM
training, eating, gearing seriously for a SHORT TIME before the show
....building muscle, losing fat

:cool:

AGAIN......it all depends on WHERE you are starting from...

an experienced guy can "grow into a show"
by simply NOT training for awhile
staying clean for awhile and getting alittle
outta shape......(like your hypothetical example)

then BAM
training, eating, gearing seriously for a SHORT TIME before the show
....building muscle, losing fat

:cool:

THANKS Tenny, please read through my post 71... over doing macro nutrients just for the heck of it... please let me know your opinion

hey guys,
read through my post 71 is basically against Overdoing Protien Sparing Nutrients... let me know your opinions

THANKS Tenny, please read through my post 71... over doing macro nutrients just for the heck of it... please let me know your opinion

i DID!!!

just because someone is eating more does NOT mean MORE muscle

it means.......more SHITTING!!!!!

:eek:

PERFECTLY SAID

:yeahthat:
add "above normal hormones..." to that and there you go, growing into a show.

TENNY is spot on with what he said.

PHIL has answered things like this so many times he is prolly nauseated right now lol.

-JS

I agree completely with Lenny why complicate it so much. Some people can eat more and get more muscles and some people can eat less and have more muscles, it really depends on the genetics and DNA body composition etc.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear