over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Best Training splits

Hey, thanks for jumping in with this.
Years ago I made great gains doing your conventional DC training but had an injury as a result of pushing the (my personal) extreme limits. I have read a few of your thoughts on training for old dogs like myself and notice a safer tone. Could you recommend a rep range to work in for the "rest paused" sets? How hard are you working in the warm up sets? I'm also assuming your implementing as many primary lifts as possible?

Thanks,

I think anyone over the age of 34 should raise their rep ranges. Its kind of like this...when you are 24 years old and you leap off a 6 foot wall...you hit the ground and your off running with your buddies. When you are 44 years old and you leap off a 6 foot wall there is a very very good chance you will tear both your patella tendons doing so. So i like people who are post 34 to move up their rep ranges and people who are in their 40's and 50's to move them up slightly again. For older guys rest pauses should "probably" be 20-25 reps which is most likely going to be something like 12+8+5 hypothetically. In fact i think virtually all older guys should always keep in mind that their FIRST part of the rest pause should be at a minimum the 12 reps. With straight sets with older guys i think they should be in the 12-16 range depending on the exercise.

Warmup sets working just like everyone else....if say a 43 year old guy in here inclines 355x20rp hypothetically i would expect something like
135x16-20
185x12-14
225x8-12
275x6-8
315x4
355x12(failure)+6(failure)+4(failure) for 22 rest pause

his second exercise might be flat machine press and lets say hypothetically he is at top end at 250 for reps
I would expect something like (since he is already pretty warmed up from inclines)
120x12
180x9
250x12+8+5=25rp

third exercise maybe is hammer incline one arm at a time and lets say he hypothetically uses 200 each side on that one
I would expect
100x12
150x8
200x 12-16 straight setted....

just how everyone normally warms up but keeping in mind that the last set is where we are trying to get at

as far as primary lifts...i really believe in mechanical positions i think that is the big secret in all this with advanced lifters. You and I have both seen people with crappy bodyparts who have done the same exercises year after year after year...if some guy has no chest after 8 years of barbell and dumbell inclines, declines and flat bench....he probably has tried the "i need more volume".."no i need less volume" approach during all that time which in my opinion is the last thing anyone needs to do....and he really needs to get down to brass tacks and putting himself into mechanical positions that work because the tried and true mechanical positions he has been practicing for 8-10 years or whatever long he has been doing them fruitlessly..... obviously doesnt work. So im of the opinion that advanced lifters really need to get wierd with it and get themselves in mechanical positions that FINALLY work and then get progressive with them. Everyone in the gym might be doing their regular lat bar pulldowns and chins while a guy named concreteguy knows from many many years of lifting that the one thing that always makes his lats grow are one handed Hammer pulldown machine overhead rows....i tend to believe concreteguy knows what is best for himself mechanical position wise thru experience...and if he continues to bomb away on the one handed hammer pulldown overhead rows....thats his best course of action.....

I really think that is the 100% top job of every bodybuilder as they get advanced...find the mechanical position or tweak you need to be in and then get progressive with it

Last edited:
Dante,

Are you now in favor of training bodyparts once a week with high volume and heavy weight?

Dante,

Are you now in favor of training bodyparts once a week with high volume and heavy weight?

ive never been in favor of high volume.....

i just really have never counted warmup sets that you have done 1000's of times previously which i dont think count for anything growth wise.

Chest is 3-4 workings sets (2 rest paused, 2 straight sets).

People always confused that even on a 2 and 3 way split...I used to say "take as many warmups as needed" because i got sick of writing it out but people would do minimum warmups which i couldnt understand.

whether 2 way split or 3 way split or this split which i recommend for advanced bodybuilders if im doing an incline barbell press or squats or for that matter whatever is my first exercise...lets say a one armed flexmasters machine for my first exercise for biceps (im using this for example because i actually do it) I do alot of warmups

50x24
90x18
130x12
170x8
210x4
and then hang a dumbell off of it and do 240x25rp

the only set that counts to me is the last one.

Other people look at that and say "oh he did 6 sets"....why would 90x18 really mean anything....im just on my way to 240 rest paused so i dont injure myself...ive done 90x18 and 130x12 so many times warming up before that they dont matter...im not getting any bigger from doing them in the least....just a path to get to 240

So I still believe in low volume (work sets) + progressive weight...i dont like saying heavy because what if some guy in here feels spider curls make his biceps grow when nothing else is working...he is never going to be doing "heavy" weight but as long as he is progressive with it...he will grow.

alot of guys in pro muscle are advanced bodybuilders...this is what i like to do with advanced guys...they are already massive....they will keep growing hitting things once a week and i go to town on their weaker bodyparts 2x a week........I still believe in the 2 way and 3 way splits..especially with people i need to debrainwash, and to people i have to teach to TRULY train hard...those 2 ways teach that bigtime...every single pro or top NPC guy i made them do the 2 way and 3 way splits first so they got the grind down that you have to really push the working sets to progress/recover/progress/recover. Nothing im recommending in this thread is any different than ive ever recommended before...I like low working sets and progressive training....this is what i like to do with advanced guys

If I got a bulldozer I was training who can incline 405 for 15 RP (like a dusty hanshaw) i cant have them do

225x6
405 x

they will end up tearing both pecs from the insertions

so they would have to do

135x16
225x12
275x9
315x6
365x4
405x15 rest paused

135, 225, 275 etc mean nothing...thats childs play for him....its just a path to get to 405

Last edited:
I do believe that "finding your mechanical" position is important.

Ronnie Coleman once said that he picked his form based on "whatever he felt working his muscles the most".

It's interesting to note that so many top Pros do "weird" looking exercises sometimes in their videos, and all the Youtube kiddos are quick to critique them for not doing textbook form.

Top guys do partial presses, leg presses at half-depth, bent over rows at odd angles, squats in the smith machine, use body English on rows, and lots of other so-called "vices".... but if you look at their physiques, and consider they have been lifting for 20 years, it probably isn't a complete accident that they are doing what they do.

i just really have never counted warmup sets that you have done 1000's of times previously which i dont think count for anything growth wise.

People always confused that even on a 2 and 3 way split...I used to say "take as many warmups as needed" because i got sick of writing it out but people would do minimum warmups which i couldnt understand.

whether 2 way split or 3 way split or this split which i recommend for advanced bodybuilders if im doing an incline barbell press or squats or for that matter whatever is my first exercise...lets say a one armed flexmasters machine for my first exercise for biceps (im using this for example because i actually do it) I do alot of warmups

50x24
90x18
130x12
170x8
210x4

Other people look at that and say "oh he did 6 sets"....why would 90x18 really mean anything....im just on my way to 240 rest paused so i dont injure myself...ive done 90x18 and 130x12 so many times warming up before that they dont matter...im not getting any bigger from doing them in the least....just a path to get to 240

So I still believe in low volume (work sets) + progressive weight...i dont like saying heavy because what if some guy in here feels spider curls make his biceps grow when nothing else is working...he is never going to be doing "heavy" weight but as long as he is progressive with it...he will grow.

alot of guys in pro muscle are advanced bodybuilders...this is what i like to do with advanced guys...they are already massive....they will keep growing hitting things once a week and i go to town on their weaker bodyparts 2x a week........I still believe in the 2 way and 3 way splits..especially with people i need to debrainwash, and to people i have to teach to TRULY train hard..

What is the 3 way split that you recommend?

What if you were coaching a typical advanced guy that weighs 280+ and is pretty strong on everything?

The problem (to me) with advanced guys is that they DO require tons of warmups before they can safely hit the working sets. I agree with you on this, and it's what makes workouts take so long.

It's something distinctly different from training a beginner!

For example, if you can deadlift 650+, it may take you 20-30 minutes just to warmup to hit a max set of super heavy deadlifts. If you've just spent 30 minutes on 1 exericse, how many more exercises can you fit into that workout and keep the time at a reasonable lenght?

If you continue on with back... your back is already fairly warmed up for things like bent over rows, machine rows, etc. So that makes sense.

However, if you swith over to "Chest", and want to work bench press, you have to start the warmup process all over again for a new muscle group. It make take you 4-6 working sets before you can work a hard set of bench press.

I think this is part of a logistical reason why it would make sense to me to train one or 2 body parts a session.

Thoughts?

50x24
90x18
130x12
170x8
210x4

alot of guys in pro muscle are advanced bodybuilders...this is what i like to do with advanced guys...they are already massive....they will keep growing hitting things once a week and i go to town on their weaker bodyparts 2x a week........I still believe in the 2 way and 3 way splits..especially with people i need to debrainwash, and to people i have to teach to TRULY train hard...those 2 ways teach that bigtime...every single pro or top NPC guy i made them do the 2 way and 3 way splits first so they got the grind down that you have to really push the working sets to progress/recover/progress/recover. Nothing im recommending in this thread is any different than ive ever recommended before...I like low working sets and progressive training....this is what i like to do with advanced guys

If I got a bulldozer I was training who can incline 405 for 15 RP (like a dusty hanshaw) i cant have them do

225x6
405 x

they will end up tearing both pecs from the insertions

so they would have to do

135x16
225x12
275x9
315x6
365x4
405x15 rest paused

135, 225, 275 etc mean nothing...thats childs play for him....its just a path to get to 405

You know that's sort of the same way John meadows starts his chest workouts. I've been doing them like that for awhile and it's made a tremendous difference in some collarbone and shoulder pain I've been having. Plus my pecs are growing really well. I do this for quads too. So like for a hammer incline machine is do a plate each side for ten. Then 1.25 for ten. Then 2 for 8 2.25 for 8 and so on until I can just barely get 8 and then I'm done there. It's been working nicely. Progressing on strength and growing with less pain

I think anyone over the age of 34 should raise their rep ranges. Its kind of like this...when you are 24 years old and you leap off a 6 foot wall...you hit the ground and your off running with your buddies. When you are 44 years old and you leap off a 6 foot wall there is a very very good chance you will tear both your patella tendons doing so. So i like people who are post 34 to move up their rep ranges and people who are in their 40's and 50's to move them up slightly again. For older guys rest pauses should "probably" be 20-25 reps which is most likely going to be something like 12+8+5 hypothetically. In fact i think virtually all older guys should always keep in mind that their FIRST part of the rest pause should be at a minimum the 12 reps. With straight sets with older guys i think they should be in the 12-16 range depending on the exercise.

Warmup sets working just like everyone else....if say a 43 year old guy in here inclines 355x20rp hypothetically i would expect something like
135x16-20
185x12-14
225x8-12
275x6-8
315x4

his second exercise might be flat machine press and lets say hypothetically he is at top end at 250 for reps
I would expect something like (since he is already pretty warmed up from inclines)
120x12
180x9
250x12+8+5=25rp

third exercise maybe is hammer incline one arm at a time and lets say he hypothetically uses 200 each side on that one
I would expect
100x12
150x8

just how everyone normally warms up but keeping in mind that the last set is where we are trying to get at

as far as primary lifts...i really believe in mechanical positions i think that is the big secret in all this with advanced lifters. You and I have both seen people with crappy bodyparts who have done the same exercises year after year after year...if some guy has no chest after 8 years of barbell and dumbell inclines, declines and flat bench....he probably has tried the "i need more volume".."no i need less volume" approach during all that time which in my opinion is the last thing anyone needs to do....and he really needs to get down to brass tacks and putting himself into mechanical positions that work because the tried and true mechanical positions he has been practicing for 8-10 years or whatever long he has been doing them fruitlessly..... obviously doesnt work. So im of the opinion that advanced lifters really need to get wierd with it and get themselves in mechanical positions that FINALLY work and then get progressive with them. Everyone in the gym might be doing their regular lat bar pulldowns and chins while a guy named concreteguy knows from many many years of lifting that the one thing that always makes his lats grow are one handed Hammer pulldown machine overhead rows....i tend to believe concreteguy knows what is best for himself mechanical position wise thru experience...and if he continues to bomb away on the one handed hammer pulldown overhead rows....thats his best course of action.....

I really think that is the 100% top job of every bodybuilder as they get advanced...find the mechanical position or tweak you need to be in and then get progressive with it

Wow Dante, Thanks for taking the time! I'm going to put this in motion for a while. I truly appreciate. Thank you.

CG

120x12
180x9
250x12+8+5=25rp

I would expect
100x12
150x8

Failure + failure + failure...

That really resonated with me after seeing a study showing 3 sets to failure was best for muscle growth.

Curious how you knew of that study a decade ago when it was just published ;)

Anymore it's a one on, one off,EOD template. Either some sort of full body template, or a two way or a simple upper/lower. Basic stuff! I train in my garage anymore. Two barbells, a trap bar, rack, dip/chin up station, saftey squat bar, farmer walk handles and 700 pounds of plates. 39, train drug free, 2 young kids, hectic schedule but I get it done EOD. Quit yrs ago being OCD about this stuff, lol. Priorities have changed but I won't quit lifting.

Last edited:
Great posts so far. I want to add something about mechanical position. Sometimes you could be doing the exact same exercise as before but set yourself up differently and it can make the world of difference. An example could be chest press. I see so many guys bench press incorrectly. Although looking from a far or to most gym goers their form may look good. I was the same but after years of studying body mechanics I soon realized I was doing it all wrong.

Even tiny little changes to form can bring about big changes in results. I have made a lot of progress in my chest recently after years of pressing very heavy weight but my form was all wrong. From tucking in the elbows at about a 45 degree angle, lowering the shoulder blades to pushing through the chest and squeezing it has made a big difference. The same could be said for all different exercises. It's about finding the way/angle that suits your body mechanics/structure most. Although it's definitely worth playing about with different exercises, angles, grips etc as you soon find exercises that just work the muscle optimally for you.

I don't really have a favourite split more just a way of training. I go a lot on how I feel that week. Although I do like roughly 4-5 days per week with progressive training and using a variety of exercises. As many warm up sets as needed and usually one working set per exercise. Although I play about with supersets, giant sets, rest paused sets, forced reps and other failure techniques.

As Dante mentioned I never get the guys who go on about warm up sets. Fair enough if you are lifting like that for 2 hours. But sometimes guys think I am doing high volume due to the warm up sets but it's just to prevent me from getting injured. I get nothing from chest pressing 1 plate a side for 15 reps. Well I can if I wanted to but in regards to warming up to heavier weight I am just going through the motions. I tend to finish most workouts within 1 hour now but there are exceptions.

I just love training so may that be low or high volume I am happy :)

3x per week training

I think you guys know my preference. That's a total body workout 3X a week.

But what I have been experiencing is my glut, quads and pecs can only really take a good hammering Monday and Friday. I have been peradizing my training by making Wednesday a lighter day witch has been working out well. How ever I feel like the smaller muscles like bi's can take more of a regular beating and not require the lighter day. I'm wondering if training frequency is as unique to everyone? I have tried and keep my diet on point but I still need Wednesdays to be a lighter day to keep moving forward with my training.

What is the most productive split you guys have had? This is assuming your gear and food was on point.

CG

Hey CG, I’m finally weighing in.

Like Elvia said, great posts so far.

After all my years of weight training and having tried literally
every workout routine, training method and style known to
to man, this is what worked best for me.

Like yourself, I am a total body workout, 3X a week kinda guy.
Made my best gains ever, ‘supplement’ free, doing short, very
intense, fast paced, 2 – 4 work sets to failure, total body
workouts, M – W – F.

That being said, it takes time to condition yourself to endure
the onslaught, which is probably why most folks never
really give it a fair try. But training full body 3X per week can
and will catch up with you which is why I take a week off every
2 months (usually after donating blood). Weekly or daily
periodising is a good tool too but me being a 100%’er, I have
never really giving it a fair try.

Regarding warm-ups . . . for me, keeping my first set at 20
reps has the advantage of having the warm-up set built in.
When I can totally ‘own’ that set, by that I mean it being
controlled movement (not the weight moving you) and
being able to hold the contraction on all the reps, then and
only then do I increase the weight. Subsequent sets; 0, 1
or 2, are with the same weigh will unavoidably reduce the
number of repetitions, but typically no lower than 10 by
the last set, your work sets will remain in the hypertrophy
range of reps while also reducing the risk for injury.

Remember, the last reps are the safest reps as you are
literally not strong enough to hurt yourself going to failure
as long as long as your form remains good, as close to
perfect as possible.

Some options / training splits / alternate days and body parts:

Upper body
Day off
Lower body
Day off
Upper body
Day off
Lower body
etc.

Or . . .

Legs
Day off
Chest / back
Day off
Shoulders / biceps / triceps
Day off
Legs
Day off
Chest / back
etc.

You get two days off if you take the weekends off, which
I do. Bonus days. You will lose nothing. I do not like going
to the gym, weight training, I quickly tire, both mentally
and physically, and really look forward to my off days.

My opinion, my experience, has shown that I need a full
day off for my muscles, CNS, etc., to recover between
workouts. That’s just me. Other people’s mileage can and
will vary but I think it can’t hurt, might benefit everybody.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Tuesday: hams quads

Wenesday: off

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

Dante,

What if quads/hams were a weaker area? How would you structure the split?

Well said! You and I are in the same boat as in terms of the EOD working out splits. Great post. I myself always needed a day off after lower body or a big pull session. Regardless of volume I used. I simply kept motivated by taking the day off and do light cardio etc

Hey CG, I’m finally weighing in.

Like Elvia said, great posts so far.

After all my years of weight training and having tried literally
every workout routine, training method and style known to
to man, this is what worked best for me.

Like yourself, I am a total body workout, 3X a week kinda guy.
Made my best gains ever, ‘supplement’ free, doing short, very
intense, fast paced, 2 – 4 work sets to failure, total body
workouts, M – W – F.

That being said, it takes time to condition yourself to endure
the onslaught, which is probably why most folks never
really give it a fair try. But training full body 3X per week can
and will catch up with you which is why I take a week off every
2 months (usually after donating blood). Weekly or daily
periodising is a good tool too but me being a 100%’er, I have
never really giving it a fair try.

Regarding warm-ups . . . for me, keeping my first set at 20
reps has the advantage of having the warm-up set built in.
When I can totally ‘own’ that set, by that I mean it being
controlled movement (not the weight moving you) and
being able to hold the contraction on all the reps, then and
only then do I increase the weight. Subsequent sets; 0, 1
or 2, are with the same weigh will unavoidably reduce the
number of repetitions, but typically no lower than 10 by
the last set, your work sets will remain in the hypertrophy
range of reps while also reducing the risk for injury.

Remember, the last reps are the safest reps as you are
literally not strong enough to hurt yourself going to failure
as long as long as your form remains good, as close to
perfect as possible.

Some options / training splits / alternate days and body parts:

Upper body
Day off
Lower body
Day off
Upper body
Day off
Lower body
etc.

Or . . .

Legs
Day off
Chest / back
Day off
Shoulders / biceps / triceps
Day off
Legs
Day off
Chest / back
etc.

You get two days off if you take the weekends off, which
I do. Bonus days. You will lose nothing. I do not like going
to the gym, weight training, I quickly tire, both mentally
and physically, and really look forward to my off days.

My opinion, my experience, has shown that I need a full
day off for my muscles, CNS, etc., to recover between
workouts. That’s just me. Other people’s mileage can and
will vary but I think it can’t hurt, might benefit everybody.

Hope that helps.

MON - Shoulders, Tris
TUE - Quads, Hams
Wed - off
Thur - Back, Traps
Fri - Chest, Bis
Sat - off
Sun - off

MON - Shoulders, Tris
TUE - Quads, Hams
Wed - off
Thur - Back, Traps
Fri - Chest, Bis
Sat - off
Sun - off

I trained this way for almost 20 years.....and it does work....

but my weak body parts NEVER improved....until I upped the frequentcy
on those parts...

you my friend probably don't need to worry about that....as I see no
weakness in your physique..

:(

Dante/Tenny....At what point in the size chart do you begin putting more emphasis on trying to bring up weaker parts then overall mass? I want to put on another 20-25ish lbs at this bf% over the next few years, but know my arms are bit weaker then chest/ back... would i switch to that weaker arm split that was mentioned, or continue focusing still on the overall then when i get abit closer to where i want to be, start trying to bring up the laggers?? Or do you bring up the laggers and then try to grow symmetrically not letting your better parts advance faster?

normal split is:
Legs
chest tri delt
back bi forearm
off
repeat

Last edited:
I'm doing fortitude training and I'm always sore. I love it

4 workouts a week, but every muscle gets tagged 3x a week. Once heavy, 48 hours later high rep/pump, then 48 hours later muscle rounds to create some myofibril disruption

When do you move the weight up when you have progressed with a lift? How many reps before you move the weight up?

For example, if you hit 315 BB include chest press for 9, do you go up and hit 340 for 6 (or try to), or wait and hit 315 for 12 then move up?

How many pump sets do you do for each exercise? 25-30 reps, 1-2 sets?

I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Tuesday: hams quads

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

Dante, your doubling up in a much reduced fashion on the second workouts, but the point being your hitting the weak muscles twice a week to accelerate growth to catch up weak muscles. Is there a way to do this with all muscle's to just accelerate growth across the board?
Another thing I was wondering. I have read a multitude of studies saying recovery periods of 24 to 36 ours are about the norm. Being 56 do you think going a full weak between hitting body parts will work out positively for me?

What do you think of me incorporating a Alfresco spin on this and training as you say but doing a :
Mon-upper body
Tue- lower body
Wed- off
Thur-upper body
Fri- Lower ??????

Or is this pure over load because of the rest pauses creating so much more CN and muscle damage?

CG

Last edited:
Dante,

What if quads/hams were a weaker area? How would you structure the split?

On the split described I would come in on saturday and do a short workout but it would probably be something really weird like 50 rep leg presses with heavy weight (after warmups) where you get to 30-35 and you are spent and the last 15 are either you make it or die....and some kind of lunge/step up movement for hams.....maybe even these

Attachments

• gluteham.jpg
    gluteham.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,407
Dante/Tenny....At what point in the size chart do you begin putting more emphasis on trying to bring up weaker parts then overall mass? I want to put on another 20-25ish lbs at this bf% over the next few years, but know my arms are bit weaker then chest/ back... would i switch to that weaker arm split that was mentioned, or continue focusing still on the overall then when i get abit closer to where i want to be, start trying to bring up the laggers?? Or do you bring up the laggers and then try to grow symmetrically not letting your better parts advance faster?

normal split is:
Legs
chest tri delt
back bi forearm
off
repeat

I would say it becomes a problem when you start seeing it everyday.
and just cant fuckin stand it anymore....basically what your doing for
those parts is NOT working....so something must change....

your better body parts.....will always be your best body parts...

I train legs once every 7 to 10 days......I barely train arms at all.
but bis more then tris.....if I do train them.

I'm killing back and chest 2.5 to 3 days a week now....because that's
what I need to be competitive as a master.....delts get hit in between.

I used to give EVERY body part the same emphasis....not any more.

and my physique IS in fact changing....in my 40s.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws