over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*The HIGH CARB Cutting Diet!

Interesting read....altho I didnt have much time to read everyone comments. I know that I have added more carbs to my diet then I have in the past when trying to lean up some and it has worked just as well. Altho It hasnt worked as fast...I do feel like I am much fuller and get a much better pump while I am training. Now I am not talking about a contest prep...Im talking about just leaning up a little before summer.

I also believe that each person is different....I know a few women that cant even smell carbs without there fat lose coming to a stand still. And I also for example my old training partner...he could get tons and tons of carbs....he wouldnt get any leaner but he wouldnt get any fatter either....and even when he did diet down he wouldnt only drop his carbs slightly and his body would change every 7-10 days.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, mr. ripped himself clarence bass consumes approximately 60 percent carbs in his cutting diet. As far as he is concerned you cant argue with those results.

Here is the deal -

I have gotten in serious contest shape on both diets. High carbs and high fats.

I truly feel I never lost ANY muscle on either approach. However --- I approach my "higher fat diet" more intelligently than most "cookie cutter" trainers.I have NUMEROUS variables in my higher fat approach, and I mean things that are considered "non pre-contest" food items....

Things like variosu forms of cold cut cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, variety of all nut butters etc.... Because you will be stopped so dead in your tracks if you do the basic "chicken and almonds" "salmon and asparagus" ---- all that tedious bullshit will MAKE SURE your ass is doing excessive "low intensity cardio" and double sessions + silly "protein and veggie days."With my higher fat diets you have much more to "pull" from, and cardio is barely used (if at all for lucky people).

Now where the higher carb or carb based diet becomes EVEN MORE "ESSENTIAL" for the competitor (in my experience) all has to do with metabolic rate and the ability to "fill out" and process adequate glucose --> into glycogen.

I have found with keeping ample carbs well into the pre contest phase it will be MUCH more predictable to know how you will respond to filling out, and your insulin sensitivity will actually be HIGHER believe it or not. The pancreas never takes a vacation and also stays very efficient.

When I have filled out with the higher fat approach, I had to do it much more mild and for only a very short period of time due to unpredictable management of glucose.

FF

NICE!!!:D

Not everyone has the metabolism to follow a high carb diet...

Does it work? Yes, it's been proven.
Do Keto diets work? Yes, it's been proven.
Does any ONE diet work universally the same for everyone? No, that's a ridiculous thing to even argument about.

You are right but you can change your body to adapt to any diet:D everything works as long as you know how to manipulate the variables correctly. You would know this yourself sense you diet pro and carb last year and now are dieting pro and fat, last year worked you just needed more time;)

I just posted a thread about this exact topic, please check it out. An important post any bodybuilder here should read regarding diets.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...527-truths-about-dieting-including-guide.html

Awesome thread bro I agree with you 100%, I believe that every nutrient exists for a reason and it's pretty foolish to say that pro carb no fat is superiour to pro fat no carb, just like pro fat no carb is is superior to the other, we need all three! that why they all exist!!

You are right but you can change your body to adapt to any diet:D everything works as long as you know how to manipulate the variables correctly. You would know this yourself sense you diet pro and carb last year and now are dieting pro and fat, last year worked you just needed more time;)

I agree that you can change your metabolism and allow it to adapt to any diet. I don't think that's realistic while you're already dieting though. I believe that's something that happens by staying leaner in the offseason and doing a few mini diets (3-4 weeks) in the offseason.

I don't think i'll pre contest diet on no carbs forever :p. I wont get fat next offseason.

The trick here is that…carbohydrates and fat MUST BE inverse proportional. If in one meal, you have a high amount of carbohydrates (that you know you tolerate well, that is KEY!) then fat must be less than 10 grams. If your meal contains 20 grams of fat or more, than Carbs should be low.

The most important aspect here is finding a carbohydrate that your body absorbs well without bloat and without indigestion. If you have a carb and you find yourself passing gas, that’s not a good carb for you. Gas is a sign of indigestion. Bread and Pasta make me rip ass horribly. That simple fact tells me that pasta and bread are no good for my body.

Now, I can eat white rice and oatmeal and sweet potatoes and not have any problems. It can even be a massive bowl of rice that fills my stomach, but within 1 hour, that entire massive bowl of rice will CLEAR out of my gut and I feel great. Find the carbs that your body likes metabolizing, and if its gonna be in amounts of 60 grams or more, make sure that fat stays at 10 grams or below, and you will not gain body fat.

The trick here is that…carbohydrates and fat MUST BE inverse proportional. If in one meal, you have a high amount of carbohydrates (that you know you tolerate well, that is KEY!) then fat must be less than 10 grams. If your meal contains 20 grams of fat or more, than Carbs should be low.

The most important aspect here is finding a carbohydrate that your body absorbs well without bloat and without indigestion. If you have a carb and you find yourself passing gas, that’s not a good carb for you. Gas is a sign of indigestion. Bread and Pasta make me rip ass horribly. That simple fact tells me that pasta and bread are no good for my body.

Now, I can eat white rice and oatmeal and sweet potatoes and not have any problems. It can even be a massive bowl of rice that fills my stomach, but within 1 hour, that entire massive bowl of rice will CLEAR out of my gut and I feel great. Find the carbs that your body likes metabolizing, and if its gonna be in amounts of 60 grams or more, make sure that fat stays at 10 grams or below, and you will not gain body fat.

True for some, not true for others. My staple meal is 6 whole eggs with 2 cups of rice, so mixing and matching fats/carbs is not always a bad thing. Again, it has said before, find what foods work for you, in the right combinations...do not just say someone should not mix carbs and fats together because it doesn't make sense too. I get that is the way of thinking and agree to a certain point, but for me personally, I have been eating whole eggs and rice, oats/pb with whey together and I seem to be minimizing fat gain, maximizing muscle.

Me built on whole eggs and rice:)

Attachments

• m 2.26.JPG
    m 2.26.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 269
True for some, not true for others. My staple meal is 6 whole eggs with 2 cups of rice, so mixing and matching fats/carbs is not always a bad thing. Again, it has said before, find what foods work for you, in the right combinations...do not just say someone should not mix carbs and fats together because it doesn't make sense too. I get that is the way of thinking and agree to a certain point, but for me personally, I have been eating whole eggs and rice, oats/pb with whey together and I seem to be minimizing fat gain, maximizing muscle.

Me built on whole eggs and rice:)

When you do drugs, you have a bit more liberty on how you eat, and yes it depends on the person because some people are less sensitive to insulin, or they can hold a higher amount of blood sugar level before it gets stored as fats. Eating whole eggs with rice will not be the end of the world, but 1 thing I'm willing to bet on, is that you will gain EVEN LESS fat, if you were to serperate carbs and fats. Are you having your whole eggs with rice first thing in the morning by the way?

Carb/fat together is no issue. Adding fats to carb sources will actually lower and blunt the insulin response.

Carb/fat together is no issue. Adding fats to carb sources will actually lower and blunt the insulin response.

You may "blunt" the spike, but you are most certainly prolonging the effect. Mixing anything with a high fat content source will delay and prolong everything...Glucose availability, insulin action, and amino acid release.

When you do drugs, you have a bit more liberty on how you eat, and yes it depends on the person because some people are less sensitive to insulin, or they can hold a higher amount of blood sugar level before it gets stored as fats. Eating whole eggs with rice will not be the end of the world, but 1 thing I'm willing to bet on, is that you will gain EVEN LESS fat, if you were to serperate carbs and fats. Are you having your whole eggs with rice first thing in the morning by the way?

Good stuff guys. Morning, evening...when I am hungry I may eat that. As we have stated many times, science of food effects everybody differently, that is the bottom line.

I may gain even less fat, but I do not want to be a middle weight again, my variables have changed since I have gained muscle and moved up in bodyweight, and my science of food to maintain being light heavy weight while gaining minimal fat is quite different.

Good topic guys and the information is great:headbang:

Last edited:
Good stuff guys. Morning, evening...when I am hungry I may eat that. As we have stated many times, science of food effects everybody differently, that is the bottom line.

I may gain even less fat, but I do not want to be a middle weight again, my variables have changed since I have gained muscle and moved up in bodyweight, and my science of food to maintain being light heavy weight while gaining minimal fat is quite different.

Good topic guys and the information is great:headbang:

If you are eating those carbs and fats at a point when blood sugar level is already low, like in the morning, it will have a much lower chance of causing a spike in insulin levels, thus less fat storage. By the way, when you say light heavyweight, is that for bodybuilding, or another sport?

If you are eating those carbs and fats at a point when blood sugar level is already low, like in the morning, it will have a much lower chance of causing a spike in insulin levels, thus less fat storage. By the way, when you say light heavyweight, is that for bodybuilding, or another sport?

I get it. I knew that before I starting eating my rice and eggs, just seems to be working just fine right now.

LH for bodybuilding.

Keep it rolling guys, like I said good information for all and different perspectives.

This is true. Another way to minimize fat gain is to be in tune with your current glucose levels. If you have a big carb meal in the morning, your body will most likely use those carbs to replenish stores within muscle tissue and in the liver, since blood glucose levels are low after fasting for 8-9 hours. Now, if right after this big carb meal, you have a pint of ice cream, your body was still in the process of "replenishing storage", but now, the ice cream will cause you to spill over and now your body instead of replenishing, it will start CREATING body fat.

This is true. Another way to minimize fat gain is to be in tune with your current glucose levels. If you have a big carb meal in the morning, your body will most likely use those carbs to replenish stores within muscle tissue and in the liver, since blood glucose levels are low after fasting for 8-9 hours. Now, if right after this big carb meal, you have a pint of ice cream, your body was still in the process of "replenishing storage", but now, the ice cream will cause you to spill over and now your body instead of replenishing, it will start CREATING body fat.

Yes. There is also the fact that your body can only metabolize and use a certain number of calories in a single sitting. Anything over that amount will have no choice but to be stored as fat. Your blood glucose levels for example cannot just increase infinitely, there is a certain level at which they will stop, and the excess be stored. There are also many health effects to spiking blood glucose constantly, instead of a steady stream, particular the strain put on the kidneys, pancreas, and heart. This is also how people become diabetic.

Yes. There is also the fact that your body can only metabolize and use a certain number of calories in a single sitting. Anything over that amount will have no choice but to be stored as fat. Your blood glucose levels for example cannot just increase infinitely, there is a certain level at which they will stop, and the excess be stored. There are also many health effects to spiking blood glucose constantly, instead of a steady stream, particular the strain put on the kidneys, pancreas, and heart. This is also how people become diabetic.

I just lurk on here and dont post but this is enough to pull me from the shadows. I think this is plain wrong. I dont use gear and have Skiploaded for 12 straight hours before on a Saturday and returned to baseline on Tuesday taking in over 800g of carbs. Please read something....anything by Alan Aragon or John Kiefer. This post reeks of a weight watchers ad.

I just lurk on here and dont post but this is enough to pull me from the shadows. I think this is plain wrong. I dont use gear and have Skiploaded for 12 straight hours before on a Saturday and returned to baseline on Tuesday taking in over 800g of carbs. Please read something....anything by Alan Aragon or John Kiefer. This post reeks of a weight watchers ad.

What exactly are you trying to say? That you think you can take in 800g of carbs and all of it was floating in your bloodstream and not a single gram was stored as fat? Either I don't understand what you're trying to say, or you didn't understand what I said.

By the way I know of Alan Aragon, and he has some interesting ideas, and alot of daring statements. Although, if you actually do the research, and look into the sources he gives as research back up, most of it is not even relevent and does not back up any of his claims. Go to the bottom of his pages in his articles, and search up the sources he gives, most of them are not even directly related, which makes me wonder why they are there.

What exactly are you trying to say? That you think you can take in 800g of carbs and all of it was floating in your bloodstream and not a single gram was stored as fat? Either I don't understand what you're trying to say, or you didn't understand what I said.

That is exactly what I am trying to say, that is the whole premise behind any kind of carb loading protocol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws