over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The preworkout thread

Excelsior is starting to lose that “it” factor. Time for something else. I also have been using it 4-5 times a week lol so there’s that

Just have 1 week off it and try it again and bang it's back to normal. You can also wait a few days and then try an extra 1/4 of a scoop and it will hit you very hard. As I very recently posted with the likes of excelsior you are best rotating it with a caffeine only preworkout. I recommend the same for anything like DMAA or DMHA as when taking them daily they lose their effectiveness. Even if I take a high dose of caffeine for a few days if I go back to excelsior it still hits me hard due to the different stimulants. Obviously you should also have some complete day breaks from all stimulants as well. Another thing if you eat 1-2 hours before the gym try putting that meal back 1 hour and taking the same dose of excelsior and it will may hit you twice as hard (it does for me when comparing a full vs empty stomach).

Just have 1 week off it and try it again and bang it's back to normal. You can also wait a few days and then try an extra 1/4 of a scoop and it will hit you very hard. As I very recently posted with the likes of excelsior you are best rotating it with a caffeine only preworkout. I recommend the same for anything like DMAA or DMHA as when taking them daily they lose their effectiveness. Even if I take a high dose of caffeine for a few days if I go back to excelsior it still hits me hard due to the different stimulants. Obviously you should also have some complete day breaks from all stimulants as well. Another thing if you eat 1-2 hours before the gym try putting that meal back 1 hour and taking the same dose of excelsior and it will may hit you twice as hard (it does for me when comparing a full vs empty stomach).
Yea I probably just need a break from it. I am ready for something else though, This will be my 2nd tub of it.

Yea I probably just need a break from it. I am ready for something else though, This will be my 2nd tub of it.

That's my point. You should have something else. If you only have 1 product you have to take it everytime you want to use preworkout. I think excelsior is great but I would never want to use it every gym day. It can get too much after using it for a few days straight. I don't like to use strong preworkouts everyday and prefer to rotate to caffeine only ones from time to time. I usually have a lot of different products at one time but at the moment my supply is low so I feel exactly the same. I like to have at least 3 good products I can pick from as some are better suited for certain days. I am very happy with the Myprotein Preworkout+ product and I used it again today. However I need to order a few new ones so I have some to pick from over the next few months. I am hitting the gym hard now so I need a good supply as I am training most days.

That's my point. You should have something else. If you only have 1 product you have to take it everytime you want to use preworkout. I think excelsior is great but I would never want to use it every gym day. It can get too much after using it for a few days straight. I don't like to use strong preworkouts everyday and prefer to rotate to caffeine only ones from time to time. I usually have a lot of different products at one time but at the moment my supply is low so I feel exactly the same. I like to have at least 3 good products I can pick from as some are better suited for certain days. I am very happy with the Myprotein Preworkout+ product and I used it again today. However I need to order a few new ones so I have some to pick from over the next few months. I am hitting the gym hard now so I need a good supply as I am training most days.
Yea I need to get on it and get me a couple different ones lol. I’ll probably go back to 5150 or try kill it reloaded from 5% here next. Been wanting to try hyphy mud too

Yea I need to get on it and get me a couple different ones lol. I’ll probably go back to 5150 or try kill it reloaded from 5% here next. Been wanting to try hyphy mud too

I don't recommend Kill It Reloaded. 5150 was much better for me. Hyphy Mud have changed their formula very recently. I am going to try it out and I hope it's as good as the past one. There are a few products I like the look of. I even like the look of Muscletech's Vapor1 I posted about on the last page. Evogen's EVP Extreme N.O. looks decent as well. There are many good looking products so it mainly depends upon what website I end up ordering from.

I don't recommend Kill It Reloaded. 5150 was much better for me. Hyphy Mud have changed their formula very recently. I am going to try it out and I hope it's as good as the past one. There are a few products I like the look of. I even like the look of Muscletech's Vapor1 I posted about on the last page. Evogen's EVP Extreme N.O. looks decent as well. There are many good looking products so it mainly depends upon what website I end up ordering from.
Yea 5150 is legit. Btw i took excelsior on more of an empty stomach, and yup it hit me pretty good at one scoop lol👍🏻 About to go do my band workout now 😀

Are there any pre workouts people have their eye on? If you can't personally use it would you like me or others on here to try and rate before you buy? My only issue is I tend to order from certain sites and they have limited stock but I will see if any match up to products you guys recommend.

Have you tried thermal spark? It's comes in capsule form from same company as excelsior.

I actually liked Kill It Reloaded. 5150 was good too.

I used the last of my Excelsior tub today :( I actually ordered from the site that sells it the other day but left it out. I left it out mainly due to the insane price over here (£66) and my shopping cart was already stacked up. Although after using the last of the tub today I feel like I should get more. I will wait and see what my new ones feel like first. Today I had about 3/4 of a scoop left and I added a bit of a weak product I have and the combo worked great. I have been dosing a little syntheselen recently as well and even just 1.5ml of that has a great effect on me.

As posted I have been extremely impressed with My Protein's Preworkout+ and I am actually nearly out of that as well. Hopefully my new order comes soon as I have a few new ones to try out. I just realized there are 3 muscletech products :eek::D No reason for that just the best looking products on a limited website. I use the site for health supplements but they have some more standard preworkouts on there as well.

Muscletech Vapor 1 (2 tubs of this).
Muscletech Peak Series Preworkout .
Muscletech Performance Series Hydroxcut Hardcore Elite Powder. This cost me $13 so I just added it in. It's marketed as a fatburner but it's loaded in stimulants and a really good blend of them.
Fusion Supplements Obliterate.
MuscleSport Rhino Rampage.

I like Animal Fury lately. Wish it had creatine in it but otherwise the ingredients and dosages are pretty solid. Im just a caffeine guy though. DMAA and other stims constrict my veins too much and kill the pump.

I am currently going through the products I never use until my new preworkouts are delivered. I am out of anything I rate highly. Tonight before legs I used 1 scoop of OFN's Revive V2 and 1 scoop of Strom Sports STIMUmax Black so I was loaded up and it felt great. I was disappointed with both of these products at their 1 scoop serving. I have tried 1.5 scoops of both but still didn't rate them highly. I once tried 2 scoops of OFN's Revive V2 (it states up to 2 scoops in 24 hours) and it felt good at first but quickly dropped off. The 1 scoop of each had a really good effect so I will probably use them again when I need a big kick.

I am currently going through the products I never use until my new preworkouts are delivered. I am out of anything I rate highly. Tonight before legs I used 1 scoop of OFN's Revive V2 and 1 scoop of Strom Sports STIMUmax Black so I was loaded up and it felt great. I was disappointed with both of these products at their 1 scoop serving. I have tried 1.5 scoops of both but still didn't rate them highly. I once tried 2 scoops of OFN's Revive V2 (it states up to 2 scoops in 24 hours) and it felt good at first but quickly dropped off. The 1 scoop of each had a really good effect so I will probably use them again when I need a big kick.

Elvia,

With all the pre-workouts you have tried, if you had to pick one, which one would that be? Excelsior seems to be a really popular one in this thread. Would that be your top choice for a really good boost?

Have you tried the MusclePharm MP Assault? I did a thread search and it came up with no results. Reason I ask is because it's on sale right now for $18 and seems to get fairly good reviews, in general.

Hey, money is tight right now... :D

Here's the ingredient list :

View attachment 116796

PLEASE BE AWARE EVERYBODY:

When you look at these types of supplements at any of the big mass market stores, like Walgreens and Walmart they often have "special" translated crappier cheaper versions of popular supplements made for them in order to reach a certain price point. For example Xtend BCAA's come in the same size container at walmart as I have on our shelf here at the shop. They are 1/3 cheaper so people think great I can save. What they don't realize is the WM version is 20 scoops vs 30 in the standard container sold at most supplement sources so exact same price. This is NOT by accident, IMO this is intentional deception on WM part.

Years ago I used to sell Relacore during the whole "cortisol is the reason I am fat, not the donuts I inhale all day," craze and everyone complained about our prices. Walmart sold a bottle that looked the same but had less mg/serving DESPITE their serving size being 2 caps vs 1 on ours. Basically when you did the math you paid 25% MORE for the "cheaper" WM version.

Almost all the $20 a can preworkouts at WM and walgreens are really 15 serving products. Spend your money at a place that cares about us like PM or your local shop. Screw these deceptive f****.

Was juuust reading back on this thread yesterday to find some good new ones.

Honestly, ALL preWO's kinda taste the same to me. I like em. Sour, apple, blue rasp, fruit punch all that shit. Works for me. But I'm an ingredient guy. And the 2 ones that take the cake for best ingredients IMO are Nutrex OUTLIFT and Kaged Muscle's PreKaged. Both have superior ingredient profiles, a good amount of caffeine, etc. I'll go for that any day of the week.

Elvia,

With all the pre-workouts you have tried, if you had to pick one, which one would that be? Excelsior seems to be a really popular one in this thread. Would that be your top choice for a really good boost?

Excelsior is amazing but it shouldn't be used as a preworkout you take before all sessions. It's simply too strong and it's ingredients lose effectiveness over time when dosing it daily. There are no rights or wrongs but I would use it no more than 3 times weekly. I prefer to have something else for other days. Meaning sure if I am training legs and I am not feeling it and I want to go crazy I would definitely pick Excelsior as the best for a day like that. I push it hard every session but I prefer using a more standard product for other days and I don't like using the stronger stimulants every day.

One of my fav ever products that made me feel like a machine was Kali Muscle's Hyphy Mud 2.0. I really loved that stuff. That gave me an amazing boost and is at the top of my list. The problem is they have changed the formula and I haven't tried the new one yet but plan to when I can have it shipped. It's a weird one because it's ingredient panel is terrible but it really did feel amazing for me.

Now for my fav picks for regular use and products that have great panels I would recommend Dymatize PRE, Alpha Lion Superhuman Supreme, Myprotein's Preworkout+ and PRE JYM. OK it's wrong for me not to mention 5%'s 5150 as I really loved that and it's a solid product.

The issue with any supplement is they feel different for everyone and many react badly to certain ingredients. Some will give something 10/10 and others 2/10. So looking at the labels and their general reviews if I had to recommend a product to you for a great boost and what I consider a great general preworkout that would suit most people I would recommend Dymatize PRE or Myprotein's Preworkout+. Your standard user can't really go wrong with either. If you're a stim junkie then they won't be good but you can always double scoop them :eek::D

Was juuust reading back on this thread yesterday to find some good new ones.

Honestly, ALL preWO's kinda taste the same to me. I like em. Sour, apple, blue rasp, fruit punch all that shit. Works for me. But I'm an ingredient guy. And the 2 ones that take the cake for best ingredients IMO are Nutrex OUTLIFT and Kaged Muscle's PreKaged. Both have superior ingredient profiles, a good amount of caffeine, etc. I'll go for that any day of the week.

Both are solid products and great recommendations. They both get great reviews on multiple websites. Although the one thing I have learnt over the years of taking preworkouts is you can't always go by the label. Both are good products but for me they underperformed going from their ingredient panels. I bought them both for their ingredients and was slightly disappointed with both. Although Nutrex OUTLIFT is a very good product and general preworkout. I still scored it a 7.5/10 but I personally preferred the amped version of the product with a 8/10. I think most people will rate it highly and it nearly made my recommendation in my previous post.

Prekaged looks incredible and it's worth a try. It's what I call a useful preworkout because it's loaded in ingredients that will actually assist in other areas such as muscle growth/recovery. So it's a great choice for anyone who wants a solid overall product without the wow factor in regards to how it feels in the gym. Guys wanting an extra kick could just add a stimulant to it which is very easy. I just bought a Muscletech fatburner because of it's stimulants and it cost me $12 for 30 servings so 1 scoop of that into a product like PreKaged and you will be flying :D

Just want to add here that I noticed MyProtein in the US doesn't have The Preworkout+ on their site which is a shame. That is a product I have used recently and was very impressed. I would probably give it a 9/10.

Excelsior is amazing but it shouldn't be used as a preworkout you take before all sessions. It's simply too strong and it's ingredients lose effectiveness over time when dosing it daily. There are no rights or wrongs but I would use it no more than 3 times weekly. I prefer to have something else for other days. Meaning sure if I am training legs and I am not feeling it and I want to go crazy I would definitely pick Excelsior as the best for a day like that. I push it hard every session but I prefer using a more standard product for other days and I don't like using the stronger stimulants every day.

One of my fav ever products that made me feel like a machine was Kali Muscle's Hyphy Mud 2.0. I really loved that stuff. That gave me an amazing boost and is at the top of my list. The problem is they have changed the formula and I haven't tried the new one yet but plan to when I can have it shipped. It's a weird one because it's ingredient panel is terrible but it really did feel amazing for me.

Now for my fav picks for regular use and products that have great panels I would recommend Dymatize PRE, Alpha Lion Superhuman Supreme, Myprotein's Preworkout+ and PRE JYM. OK it's wrong for me not to mention 5%'s 5150 as I really loved that and it's a solid product.

The issue with any supplement is they feel different for everyone and many react badly to certain ingredients. Some will give something 10/10 and others 2/10. So looking at the labels and their general reviews if I had to recommend a product to you for a great boost and what I consider a great general preworkout that would suit most people I would recommend Dymatize PRE or Myprotein's Preworkout+. Your standard user can't really go wrong with either. If you're a stim junkie then they won't be good but you can always double scoop them :eek::D

Awesome info Elvia! I'm going to look into all the products you mentioned. I really appreciate it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws