over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WAXIMAIZE,,,HOW MUCH,,,WHEN??

Good q. I am curious about this as well. Also wondering if WM is noticeably better than gatorade powder in the post workout shake.

i read on a thread here but cant remmber by who that its best right after your work out. and 20 min, later your protien shake, followed by whole meal 2 hrs after that. but it would seem it may be good pre work out also. i dont use on non work days henc i want the spike right after a work out.

do you guys take waximaize by itself or do you throw it in your protein shakes post workout?

if you mix protein powder with the WMS, just treat is as maltodextrin, it will have similar absorption rates, but if you have the WMS by itself( you can also throw in BCAA's, creatine etc) then you have the WMS "magic" of super fast absorption

ive read not to mix it with your protien. it will not bypass the digestive system if you add protien. so it will not work the way it is supposed to.

I would only use it in a PWO shake say 50-100 grams worth depending on your size and the intensity of your workout. as far as a pre-workout shake I would use a different carb powder like malodextrin or grind up some oats (30-50 grams worth) and drink 30-45min before you hit the weights. the oats or malodextrin will stay with you a lot longer than waximaize will. ever feel like you hit a brick wall half way into your workout? waximaize will do that you pre-workout, your body absorbs it too fast. I would follow post #4 above for max results....

I Feel Quite Waxy in the Morning...

I also use it first thing in the morning when I am very depleted from sleeping. It helps refill spent glycogen stores and really fills me out almost instantly. I have waxy, then pro. about 25 min. later, then me big ol' breakfast about 30-45 min after that.

for me i do

60 g's during with 20 g bcaa's + beta alanine
120 g's post with 25g bcaa's + creatine mono + Beta alanine

i only use it on workout days.

60-80g pwo w/ bcaa's, leucine, creatine
10-15 mins later drink protein shake.

You can use it on off days, as it is a complex carb like any other carb you would normally eat with a meal, but I usually just use it on training days to preserve it and use it for longer.

for me i do

60 g's during with 20 g bcaa's + beta alanine
120 g's post with 25g bcaa's + creatine mono + Beta alanine

i only use it on workout days.

thats wayyyyy too much wms.

WMS is unlike other carbs... you don't need as much (what i've heard)

Here's a great article Justin Harris wrote on high molecular weight carbs (waximaize). Now I think the last time I saw Justin post about this he is consuming his WMS and protein together, so his thinking may have evolved on this, but nevertheless, this is a great read.

**broken link removed**

All intersting reads so far! Good info folks.

thats wayyyyy too much wms.

WMS is unlike other carbs... you don't need as much (what i've heard)

works for me bro..... i have a fast metabolism and take a lot for me to fill out. If it aint broke.......

I assume this is better than Dex? Or even eating a potato or a bowl of oats before a work out?

I'm lifting for like an hour, maybe an hour and 20mins.. If I eat complex carbs on an empty stomach before my wo...sip on some Gatorade or eat a glucose tab.. shouldn't it be fine?

Edd to your post or pre workout or any time you consuming carbs(simple or complex) Amylase enzyme ( breaks down carbohydreates,starch, and sugar(bread,potatos ect..), and Malt Diastase enzyme ( brakes down complex and simple sugars).

Do simple carb loding post training only if you tataly deplided, if you not deplided take with your protein shake 1 serving whole grain oat flour the best is Bob`s Red Mill.

If you short on the $$$ you can have post training 1 slice of white bred with jem and 1 table spoon of regular cane sugar, I did this verzion for 20 years and it worked wery well for me. Bee shure to take the 2 enzyme.

If your extremely active on off days then it wont hurt. But IMO its still a bit of a waste of great product.
If your not so active on off days then I wouldn't take it until your workouts.

If your extremely active on off days then it wont hurt. But IMO its still a bit of a waste of great product.
If your not so active on off days then I wouldn't take it until your workouts.

W/O days = yes
NON W/O days = not needed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear