advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what is the nauseous feeling when doing legs?

The feeling is a mild state of shock, basically blood is leaving your stomach to support the rest of your body. Eventually this will lead to digestion stopping and eventually throwing up.

Increasing your anaerobic threshold should decrease the effect.

i don't know what causes it, but it sucks...i've thrown up the past two weeks in a row from legs

The feeling is a mild state of shock, basically blood is leaving your stomach to support the rest of your body. Eventually this will lead to digestion stopping and eventually throwing up.

Increasing your anaerobic threshold should decrease the effect.

could you explain?

The anaerobic threshold is the threshold where you body can no longer clear lactate fast enough and the lactate begins to accumulate. Prior to that, your body can clear lactate fast enough to avoid this buildup. I'll use this as an opportunity to remind everyone that lactate clears very quickly from the body and has nothing to do with delayed onset muscle soreness. There is no lactic acid "left" in your muscles a day later. Inflammation caused by microscopic tears will press on nerves and cause pain. This is DOMS.

Anyhoo, I believe the levels of lactate your body can clear continuously without buildup is largely genetic and not something you can train or increase through some type of training. During a weight-training session you reach your lactate threshold almost immediately and your muscles will begin to burn from this process.

Regarding nausea, this is a copy and paste from another forum that I wrote a long time ago that could explain some of what I think Kaladryn was pointing to.

Caffeine before my workout makes me nauseous. Also high blood pressure occasionally. I suppose you could be hypoglycemic. What happens is that when you are putting your body under stress, your body's natural response is to shut down any process that isn't vital to your survival at that moment. That includes digestion. I can't usually eat for an hour at least after my workouts and even then the food tends to lay in my stomach.

The puking occurs because your body thinks it's in a survival situation and evacuates the contents of your gut. In really serious situations, your body will evacuate your bowels and bladder too. ("scared me so bad I almost pissed/shit myself")

Anything detrimental to survival is turned off... even pain. Think about it. If you took your shirt off and tried to walk through thorn bushes, it would hurt like hell. But if you have a bear or a lion chasing you, you will cruise through that brush, run for a mile and not feel any pain. It's because pain, at that moment in time, is no longer a help to your survival. As soon as you calm down though, you're gonna feel it. Did you ever see those National Geographic videos where the lion is chasing the hare and the hare just barely escapes? What they don't tell you is that the hare will usually get sick and die anyway because of the strain of escaping. The hare's immune system was not necessary for it to survive that encounter. Ever get a cold/flu when you're overtrained?

Your body is smarter than you are. It takes care of itself pretty well. All you have to do is take care of it and it will take care of you.

"He'll feel that in the morning."
"Scared me so bad I pissed myself."
"Trained so hard I puked up my lunch."
"Got into an accident and almost shit myself."

These expressions came from physiological realities.

That makes sense...I even threw up the next morning after doing stairmaster...I rarely throw up... And never have from working out...but we did a crazy shock tecnique where we did 10 minutes on the leg press changingthe weight each time I hit failure...going anywhere from 360-720lbs and my partner made me do forced reps 6 or 7 times in that time period. I'm pretty sure I'll never do that again...it was more to prove to him I would do whatever it took (he's a national level competitor and basically taught me everything I know)....i'm sore as shit today

vertigo, dehydration, overheating, over-exertion, a virus or bacteria, your anxiety, hyperventilation...

Needle in a haystack really. I get queezy everytime I do legs. That's why I only do clear liquids for an hour or so before and during my leg workout. Could be a 100 things though. If it only happened once there's no reason to be concerned with any type of general pathology unless it happens continuously.

yeah, I agree. He also later commented that it only lasted maybe 10 seconds. If it were a real problem that feeling would have lasted much much longer.

i literally feel hungover today, slept all night and it wasnt enuff, strange

Sometimes I think its from all of the adrenaline you have surging through you last night. Leg night used to do that to me too. I would even have trouble getting to sleep since I worked out and didnt finish till abou 10 pm. Id be up till 1am or so even though I felt tired as hell.

key thing is - make sure your bp is inline and your not dehydrated.

Listen to your body - m ay be you need to slow down or stop. Come back another day and do those sets.

something about leg day for me is.........

i feel like i always have to shit????

anybody else???

:(

hahaha

Always before my first heavy set.

Take care of it, then squat, or you know...:rolleyes:

That could be a side of the GH..no?
I throw up sometimes too..only when squatting or doing deads...I always figured it was just cause all my blood was down in my legs...making me feel dizzy and such..

I think in my case i must have picked up a bug or something.
I've had the shits real bad, lol. Just starting to feel safe to leave my house but not confident about training yet. Excessive force and the squirts just don't go well together :eek:

anyone know what causes it? first time i got it today, thought i was about to have a heart attack, was doing slide press, didnt feel too strong today either

that sick feeling is from the overloading (shocking) of your nervous system when doing heavy legs which gives that nausous feeling! and only happens when U train legs since they're the largest muscles on your body and are attached to many nerves and so forth.

but only happens in the first few Heavy leg workouts then the body begin to cope with the heavy work load and adapts.

yeah, anytime im doing heavy legs i have to pace myself. take quite a bit of time between sets are this happens to me.

Most likely your blood becomes too acidic due to build up of lactic acid. It's happened to me plenty of times when doing an intense leg routine. Inow use 6 extra strength tums before an intense leg workout and it helps alot!

Most likely your blood becomes too acidic due to build up of lactic acid. It's happened to me plenty of times when doing an intense leg routine. Inow use 6 extra strength tums before an intense leg workout and it helps alot!
Tums to correct blood pH? LOL!

Okay.

hahahaha!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws