advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the number 1 limiting factor of fatloss?

What is the number 1 limiting factor of fatloss?

• Training

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genetics

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Diet

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • Recovery

• Drugs

• Total voters
Diet!
Calories in VS calories out

ALWAYS!

Diet nothing else
Agree here

Muscle size, genetics nothing else (other variables can be manipulated).

Fat loss, diet. It's math, you reduce calories you lose weight .

Genetics, then training/drugs, and diet dictate how much muscle you can retain when dieting. Upping the dosage, keeping training intense, and keeping protein high.

I would 100% say that it’s diet, but in saying that I think the problem that a lot of people make is going into too low of a calorie deficit and for too long. Yes for short term it can be highly effective but if we are talking long-term fat loss too low of a calorie deficit starts to affect your metabolism and so many other factors with cortisol levels and other variables that it actually can become a hindrance towards fat loss. Rests why these fad diets never work long term. Your body needs all the things we get in a healthy and balanced diet and when it doesn’t have it the body has an amazing way of going into survival mode to preserve itself.

too add to what some said mindset, but that ties into actually being able to keep calories low or lower and push through it.

also tying into not being willing to diet, I think bigorexia and the mindset "whats my scale weight." Everyone knows what a permabulker is, guys who walk around their whole life 13, 14% plus and never diet into single digits. Some people aren't willing to get lean outside their comfort zone they identify with a number on a scale or wearing shirt size, or afraid to loose muscle/glycogen.

but that ties into DIET.

Pizza…end thread.

Never mind…sour patch kids…end thread

Crap…ice cream…end thread.

😁

too add to what some said mindset, but that ties into actually being able to keep calories low or lower and push through it.

also tying into not being willing to diet, I think bigorexia and the mindset "whats my scale weight." Everyone knows what a permabulker is, guys who walk around their whole life 13, 14% plus and never diet into single digits. Some people aren't willing to get lean outside their comfort zone they identify with a number on a scale or wearing shirt size, or afraid to loose muscle/glycogen.

but that ties into DIET.

Exactly. Guys going on about mental fortitude and obviously that is essential to get shredded but all that really means in regards to fatloss is sticking to a hard diet no matter how hard it gets. As I posted in most (not every) situation all elements are needed to a degree. Then people state genetics and obviously that is a massive factor but there is only so much one can do with that, training and cardio. If you starve a human we all lose weight and the more you starve them the less they will weigh. It doesn't really matter if some hold weight better than others during extreme starvation. One could also do 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 9 hours cardio per day but that's getting silly.

The most important factor regardless of genetics will always be net energy balance so calories in and calories out. Out of those 2 your diet will always be most important unless we start training an unrealistic amount of time each day. There will always be genetic outliers but generally speaking diet is everything in regard to fatloss. Look at it the opposite way if you feed a person a shit and high calorie diet with everything else in place (good genetics, cardio, training, high drugs) they still won't be able to lose all their body fat. If you feed someone a great diet with gradually less and less calories and they don't train or do cardio or even take fat burners they are still going to lose all their fat.

It's different person to person. Some don't eat enough, some don't train hard enough, and some just have shitty genetics. You can have 2 and miss one. If you have diet and training in line, as well as consistency, then i'll say genetics. However, you can still get 'big' with less-than-optimal genetics if you have diet/training in line consistently....for a long period.

There will always be somebody bigger and better and badder than you though, which is not a bad thing. Keeps you humble and motivated.

I said genetics and this is an extreme and horrific example which I debated using but it does support my vote.

WWII

I have seen photographic proof of prisoners of war, civilians and military personal alike, those who did survive the forced labor and an inadequate diet, the photos show them being literally skin and bones, but some, not all, still had some belly fat while the rest of them looked like skeletons.
uhhhh, some of them may have been there a lot longer than others you know.

I said genetics and this is an extreme and horrific example which I debated using but it does support my vote.

WWII

I have seen photographic proof of prisoners of war, civilians and military personal alike, those who did survive the forced labor and an inadequate diet, the photos show them being literally skin and bones, but some, not all, still had some belly fat while the rest of them looked like skeletons.
Not the first time in history that starving people have bloated guts or fat in bellies. Digestive issues like constipation, food allergies, and intolerances can lead to bloating.The swollen belly can also the result of not only that enlarged liver, but also the loss of muscle mass, which leads to weak abdominal muscles. A few other factors as well, but most related to health issues caused by malnutrition.

It's different person to person. Some don't eat enough, some don't train hard enough, and some just have shitty genetics. You can have 2 and miss one. If you have diet and training in line, as well as consistency, then i'll say genetics. However, you can still get 'big' with less-than-optimal genetics if you have diet/training in line consistently....for a long period.

There will always be somebody bigger and better and badder than you though, which is not a bad thing. Keeps you humble and motivated.
Shit, I got this thread mixed up with the other one for size!:(

For this thread, i'd vote 100% diet, and or non-compliance or eating too much.

Adherence is a good one to all that said it. People quit too easily, or fight themselves internally until they make the justification that allows them to feel OK about making mistakes. Then they continue to make those mistakes more and more often until their weight loss has stalled completely, then get fed up with it and quit. Diet is an internal struggle that requires serious mental fortitude, but it's like ALL things - over time it becomes easier as you adjust. It becomes part of the natural routine you have, and you can be much better at it.

Another thing I see with people who are in it to lose serious weight, not the guys who are trying to go from 13% to 9-10%, that but those losing upwards of 50+ lbs, is that they do not think to adjust their calories as their weight drops significantly to match their new baseline. Then the weight loss stalls and they're looking for answers on why they aren't losing weight any longer despite having a working diet. You really have to learn to adjust frequently to be able to drop calories or add additional exercise to keep the weight loss steady. I would bet more often than not your average joe just tries to eat less vs doing more work because they believe abs are made in the kitchen, which is "true" but it it's not ALL there is to it. Once you put yourself into starvation mode and your body starts fighting against you to hold onto that precious body fat it needs for "survival" you're waging a war on yourself that you will ultimately lose if you aren't smart about how you approach it. Much easier in my eyes to keep eating a good amount of healthy food and just adding to your exercise regimen to supplement the additional burnt calories.

Will power.

Everyone can take drugs, workout hard, and diet for a little. But the vast majority of people cannot do it for long. It wears on people, even the toughest competitors. You have enough will power to get up and lift 4-5 times a week, but do u have enough to starve yourself for 16 weeks and skip social events. Ehhh… most don’t.

Some of us kinda enjoy this sucky feeling and grit through it. Some have it with work but don’t have it when it comes to physical endeavor shit. Its a crazy thing.

My genetics suck ass. Fat kid, fat all the time. Have to kill myself to get and stay in shape. It’s not even fun. I look at food and gain weight.

It would be cool if I liked cardio. I see some guys and they look like they love that shit. Dancing around, sweating, legit enjoying themselves. Look at cardio equipment and I’m like I’ll start tomorrow.

Lifesteal/NEAT imo. Just being more active with non training activities throughout the day can offset even a pretty terrible diet. American/western lifestyle and most jobs make it really fucking hard for most people to be burning calories through physical/mental activities because most jobs are both sedentary and don't have enough cognitive demand to really burn calories either. Ask Martin Fitzwater if he found prep difficult when he was working on a construction site LOL. On the mental exertion part, look at how many calories chess grandmasters who are 'sedentary' utilize throughout the day.

Our society is set up for most of us to be mindless drones with bullshit non engaging jobs that barely matter and have us seated most of the day.

but that ties into DIET.
For sure this. So many guys on this board and gymrats who are "bodybuilders" who have never actually competed and throw their height and weight around as if they indicate authority and knowledge. But then you see their pics at 5'11 260 or whatever and they look more like a track and field shotputter or highland games athlete rather than an offseason bodybuilder, they don't even look like a muscular powerlifter either, just a bunch of fat and bloat. They'd probably step on stage around 185-190 if they actually tried to get shredded for stage rather than just quitting their cut once they reach 240 and have slightly visible abs but only in amazing lighting from just the right angle.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws