Votes: 76 44.2%
  • concentrate like most name brand whey

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • blend of iso and concentrate

Votes: 45 26.2%
  • I dont use whey pwo

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
I usually go for a blend , seems to last longer in the system and I feel is better value for moneym :) deffinately into using beef aminos in between meals as well :)

i used to pay for the high dollar whey...now go with pretty much the most for my $$$...i add natty pb, banana, glutamine, dextrose. Not sure if its the best way to go as i am learning from reading these posts but thats what ive been doing.

Fast carbohidrates is what you really need after the workout, and to take advantage of the anabolic window Isolate is what you need after workout as well. The only difference is that everybody have their own formula.
Victor Munoz likes the Glucyvol wiht isolate, Milos has his own mix, I like the synthepure wiht fruits, some people just drink soda with sugar and dont even take any protein until an hour after the workout.
The best for me is:
Synthepure + 8 oz apple Juice + 1 bannana

i usually use a PWO shake Gavin outlined in his three-part bulking series that consists of:

grape juice
Nectar Whey Isolate
Dextrose
Creatine

but right now money's tight so im just using regular whey concentrate from TrueProtein.

I like BCAA powder with some juice or something like LBA.

Fast carbohidrates is what you really need after the workout, and to take advantage of the anabolic window Isolate is what you need after workout as well. The only difference is that everybody have their own formula.
Victor Munoz likes the Glucyvol wiht isolate, Milos has his own mix, I like the synthepure wiht fruits, some people just drink soda with sugar and dont even take any protein until an hour after the workout.
The best for me is:

i love fruits and fruit juices too but post workout if your looking for best possible source of carbs yoru better off with pure glucose not gluose/fructose (like in fruits and fruit juices)

i also think the idea of 'carbs only' post workout is dumb, waste of time.. what good is carbs if you dont have any protein to synthesize?

I use shakes only because they are convenient. If it were ever to become worth it to me (doubtful) i would do almost 100% food all the way (on top of some supps).

Only thing id use would be creatine and beta alanine preworkout.

Everyone likes to use their fast carbs post workout. Sure waxy maize or some shit is convenient, but heck, wouldnt you rather have a treat? ESPECIALLY if dieting. Instead of a post workout carb drink i have some flavored rice cakes or low fat pop tarts or something tasty with fast carbs and minimal/zero fat. Eggs are fast enough post workout to get the job done too. I LOVE eggs when im dieting.

I am with Heinz

The best for me is:

You need your post workout supplements, I take 100g vitargo mixed with creatine, glutamime and BCAAs. 20mins later I have 3 scoops of snythpure, one hour later a good solid clean meal. I fully understand about the rate food gets broke down. But for me anyway I dont train till atleast 3 hours after I eat a small chicken and rice meal with a few aminos. I think when you are training you want the blood to be flowing to the muscle(the pump)to help the muscle to start to repair PWO. So if I was to eat say steak and pasta or even chicken and rice for that matter say hour, hour and half before working out. The the blood would rushing to the stomach to break down the food and away from the muscles trained. So for me anyway it is impossible to keep the steady flow of aminos all day so I need somthing fast PWO. My shake !!

Dont get me wrong solid food is the bread and butter or should be of any bodybuilders diet. But you need supplements look at the advantage they give natural bodybuilders. Sorry I would go for a good isolate hands down what is the name of that one again LOL:)

Last edited:
I've never used a PW Shake. I've always used BCAA's and Carbs.

100%WheyIsolate all the time.
SYNThepure is top-notch or Trueprotein is always good. Cant go wrong with either

A fast acting carb and 10-15 gramms of BCAA's are all you need and are cheaper than any fancy and expensive protocols,then an hour later a meal with low gi carbs and protien is the way to go.

Isolate

And, it's less expensive per gram of protein if you know where to get it online, as opposed to buying it at one of the many vitamin discount stores. Although, if you know where to get cheap isolate online, concentrate will always be cheaper at that same place, obviously.

Concentrate for me. I'm cheap, it doesn't bother me, and it's readily available.

As of right now i've been using a good amount of bcaa's and some kind of juice.

If under time constraits I will have pure iso with malto. Otherwise I prefer whole food. I mean when you think about it plenty of people built great physiques with no shakes PW. I have not encounterd any reduction in results either.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws