over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why arent you bigger?

B-boy, this could be one of the best threads ever haha.

Honestly, its my own fault.
I could have been a far bigger/leaner BBer at this point in my life but I was more concerned with getting ass and staying "physique" look year-round in my 20's. I would do a BB competition, get motivated....then not want to bulk because I had a great look. SO basically, my own vanity haha. I liked chasing crazy ass and being 225 MORE than I wanted to be a slab of muscle. During that time, I was very strict but just didn't give myself enough time to GROW. I just cut and maintained over and over again.

Once I got married...cya later. It has been off to the races.

Drugs. I lifted from 11 to 35 drug-free. I started TRT on my 35th birthday. I do one test and nandrolone "blast" a year and usually gain ~30 lbs of scale weight. I'll keep 6-ish.

I'll be 39 in a few months and seeing guys in their 40's and 50's dying worries me. I know I don't have the years of abuse stacked against me. But still, there's no free lunch and I can't rationalize pushing the chemical component harder.

I see a well-known "bodybuilding-friendly" endocrinologist. Last time visit, he asked what I was running. 200 mg test. He said, "that's like taking nothing."

Why am I not bigger or harder than I am now? This makes my mind reach quite a ways back...

When I was 19-20 all I wanted to do was turn pro. I was highly motivated internally and by my peers.
We had local greats like DeMayo and a bit later, Matarazzo for inspiration, and it really helped.
I had a lot of good words from mutual friends in that crowd and it felt validating, that I could do well.

Like many at that time, I got a call from Lou Zwick and we started talking and I eventually ended up working for him briefly.
He saw potential, but once he knew I wanted to write and had submitted some work to him, he encouraged me to abandon professional BB.
Whether his motivation was kindness to steer me away from something I would not ultimately achieve or truly thought I would have a better life giving 100% to school and a "normal" career I will never know.
We did keep in touch for years later, even when I first lived in Japan in 95-98 he was still trying to get me to move to CA and work for him.

I also remember being backstage at the 89 Nationals and talking to some fellow competitors. It is quite blurry now, but I know we talked AAS and I learned I was not taking "enough".
My immediate feeling was I didn't want to. I spent most of my time hanging out backstage with the one natural kid who felt like a fish out of water, poor kid.

Then around this time AAS got scheduled and a lot of things changed. People I knew got popped.
I had been moving some small amounts to cover my own costs, but I didn't feel comfortable anymore.
All this compounded and I felt being a professional BB was not the way to go.

I never, ever stopped training though. When I first stayed in Japan in 94 I had no gym for a month. This was the longest break in my life...

Fast forward to moving to Japan in 2007. I learned that AAS were not really illegal or hard to get, and after finding out my T was horribly low, I self-prescribed with the blessing of my GP.
This is when I discovered PM. I quickly regained most of the extra size and strength I had lost, which was about 10lbs at this time, as I maintained well naturally.

Then in later 2008-09 I separated and got divorced. Doing so in a foreign country and having no family, losing that I had (including custody of my then 2-year old) I felt alone and poured myself back into BB.
With the guidance and support of many great PM people I started improving again and was moving more weight than ever and looking and feeling good.

In 2018, Japan had its first ever IFBB pro-qualifier and on a whim I took a shot at it, dusting off the old posing trunks (of course I did buy new ones!).
This went better than expected, but I wasn't happy with the final results - suffering food poisoning backstage amongst other things - so I did it all again in 2019.
I did better, but realized I could not improve further, and this was the deciding factor for me.

So why aren't I better than I am now?
- It's a conscious choice. I have been asked by a lot of people here when I am coming back on stage, some who want to be there with me again, but I declined.
- I am too old now, and it's too much a risk to my healthy anyway.
- If I can't improve each time, it makes no sense to me to keep pushing.

I do know however, that I could have improved if I were younger and if I had pushed the food and drugs more.
I was always consistent, and always enjoyed pushing myself (intelligently) in my training.
As previously discussed, genetics is the limiting factor but 90% will never put in the work consistently and long enough to find out where that limit is.

How much better I could have been I do not know, and I do not have any regrets.

I look at bodybuilding like sprinter looks at sprinting. The sprinter doesn't need to be running at break neck speeds 24/7 to know they are fast and prove it to others. I know the combination that gets me to look in top shape; diet, drugs, mind frame... However, I am content with where I am now and believe not pushing the gas year after year will pay off in the long run with health, finances and social well being. I am more than just a body builder.

Good post by the way OP.

I havent hit my genetic potential. I have a lot more of this frame to fill out but I am bigger and leaner than I have ever been. So I do feel accomplished and have a sense of pride in what I have been able to make of myself.

With that out of the way, I have to learn to be smarter about how I do what I do. My labs should be better when I am on than they are and I am fixing that as we speak. I got to 270+ at the leanest I have ever been in December. I came down to trt for 3 months and have been on just 500iu of hcg eod for a month and a half and I am holding steady at a solid 245 while losing ~2 pounds a week give or take with no drugs, just a correct diet and cardio. Going forward my goal is to keep enjoying what I do while being much smarter about it. I have no desires to turn pro and if all of a sudden I just couldn't put anymore size I would be still be happy with my progress and just maintain.

I have been pretty consistent with only bumping up dosages when it was absolutely required and my intent is to keep doing that while keeping a closer eye on lab work. I didnt have any health scares but I have no desire to roll the dice with my health (to be clear I accept the risks and consequences should something happen.)

Injuries slowed me down, after back surgery, two knees surgeries and a fractured wrist and other minor health setbacks over the last 6 years, I am getting back into the swing of things, work gets so busy lately that my biggest setback is eating, and I don't train as hard as I use to because every time I start going heavy I swear I injure myself, so I just keep it to medium weights.

One of the best threads on PM b-boy! I hope people understand what you're truly asking. Your genetics thread got it started but this one forces the truth!!

Genetics.

My frame just can not hold a lot of size... thin long bones. skinny ankles and wrists.

At 100kg I don't even look big.

You finally get to an age where u learn this and accept it

Que sera, sera

genetics, not eating more, not training harder, surgery, surgery, surgery. and I guess finally being happy in thine own self. other than that no excuse for not gaining :cool:(y)

Injuries slowed me down, after back surgery, two knees surgeries and a fractured wrist and other minor health setbacks over the last 6 years, I am getting back into the swing of things, work gets so busy lately that my biggest setback is eating, and I don't train as hard as I use to because every time I start going heavy I swear I injure myself, so I just keep it to medium weights.
spot on...

Honestly for me as I’m getting older (mid 40’s) I feel way better having gotten smaller. I used to walk around at 285 and while I got quite a bit of attention, I felt like shit all the time. Several years ago I remember watching a video I took of my little girl and you could barely hear her singing because of how heavy I was breathing while filming it. I realized then that it was time to modify training and dietary habits. Now I hover around 240 and feel way better. I guess for me at this stage it’s not only about the looks but the quality of life.

When I get over 260 I start to have dreams of suffocating and can't stand it so I drop my gear down. I know I probably need a CPAP, I don't have good enough insurance to cover it.
It was the best thing I ever did.. had aweful sleep habits and never got a sound nights sleep.. my wife complained about me and my snoring and gasping for air.. so I did the sleep study.. I was a mess apparently.. got the cpap .. took a bit to get used too but man what a difference

I didn't mention I'm turning 42 this year

I look at it this way. I started out at 6'1" at 145 pounds and now I am a very lean 205 pounds. That is 60 ponds of muscle and at 61 it is staying on me. I look better at 61 then I did at 19. So with that in mind, I am extremely much bigger.

But here is the best part, I made it to 61 and I am healthy. I don't have to do massive cycles that just are not good for me. My goal anymore is to maintain what I worked hard for all these years and try to live as many years as possible.

Emeric is another prime example of what a guy can look like in his 60s and stay healthy. You younger guys don't have to worry about looking good in your 60s. Just be consistent and know your limitations. Some bodybuilders don't do that and then they pay a price for it.

Because not being able to meet certain endurance and mobility standards=no job, lol

I just switched to a new gym because they have those bouncier Woodway treadmills. Running sucks when you are thick. I see these videos now of Eddie Hall doing all this athletic stuff so I guess that is not an excuse though.

Great post,
While I am way bigger since using drugs i actually quite enjoy the way I look for the most part it look me a long time prior before drugs to learn how to eat correctly.
That being said I’m 5’7 I don’t want to look like a big short block I’ve been there and I was miserable and just kinda unattractive imo lol I actually enjoying trying to be a bit leaner while still looking decently yoked say classic bodybuildingish look while i don’t look like that year round I always try to shoot for that look a few times a year.

But also since becoming a business owner 3 years ago I always don’t want to push the drugs and food like I did when I was younger I enjoy taking it easy and having a more lean physique.
Personally

Personally, not sleeping / resting and recovering enough and necessary.

In general, too much time and energy spent learning what to do without practicing what its needs to do. This thread is a clear example of this.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws