over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why is it?

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When you are dieting, every commercial on tv has something to do with food? :eek:

I'm on the treadmill... no doubt a very captive audience, because the remote is on the other side of the room... in the kitchen :rolleyes:

Obviously, the ads are working, just look at the "physiques" displayed by the public, LOL!

When you are dieting, every commercial on tv has something to do with food? :eek:

I'm on the treadmill... no doubt a very captive audience, because the remote is on the other side of the room... in the kitchen :rolleyes:

I never realized how many food ads there were until I tore my knee a few years ago and had to spend most of my time in a recliner with a leg brace-every single TV ad was foooooooooooood. I almost chewed my hand off.:p
And I was trying to stay on a lower carb diet to compesate for the immobilization.:D

I feel your pain

Was at the gym doing cardio at lunch and they have 5 wide screen TV's, of course the 2 directly in front of me were playing the same channel and I got a double dose of a Burger King commercial!

I literally started drooling over a pizza commercial the other night. I swear I could smell that pizza through the screen.:(

When I'm dieting, I notice that people at work eat a lot of crap food all the time! Seems there's always bagels, caramel rolls, candy bars, and pizza available to all my co-workers. And I have to walk by the food in the office kitchen to get to the microwave to heat up my oatmeal or green beans. Then they all look at me with pity in their eyes that I can't eat their yummy-smelling pizza (which looks like wax and cardboard after it's been sitting out a couple hours. What does that tell ya about its nutritional content?!). And they all say, "Oh, it sucks you can't eat!" What do you mean I can't eat?! I'm eating HEALTHY food! Just maybe not a lot of it. ha

This morning I walked into a building and had to walk right by (and was offered) a full breakfast of french toast, sausage links, and instant eggs. It smelled SOOOOO good. And I hadn't eaten my first meal yet, so it was loads of fun refusing the food and walking out of the room. The french toast smell is lingering on my clothes yet, teasing me ...

When I'm dieting, I notice that people at work eat a lot of crap food all the time! Seems there's always bagels, caramel rolls, candy bars, and pizza available to all my co-workers. And I have to walk by the food in the office kitchen to get to the microwave to heat up my oatmeal or green beans. Then they all look at me with pity in their eyes that I can't eat their yummy-smelling pizza (which looks like wax and cardboard after it's been sitting out a couple hours. What does that tell ya about its nutritional content?!). And they all say, "Oh, it sucks you can't eat!" What do you mean I can't eat?! I'm eating HEALTHY food! Just maybe not a lot of it. ha

This morning I walked into a building and had to walk right by (and was offered) a full breakfast of french toast, sausage links, and instant eggs. It smelled SOOOOO good. And I hadn't eaten my first meal yet, so it was loads of fun refusing the food and walking out of the room. The french toast smell is lingering on my clothes yet, teasing me ...

Hey I know you!

I heard about a competitor that trained at a gym that played the Food Network on all the TVs in the cardio room, lol.

I belong to two gyms here and at the one Main and I train at I get hell all the time for eating my tuna after my workout and before my cardio.

I always eat my tuna in the very back ...... away from everyone and the staff will always make a comment, mostly joking, but still. I tell them, "If I have to smell your Taco Bell or Pappa Johns Pizza, you can deal with my tuna!"

Hey I know you!

I heard about a competitor that trained at a gym that played the Food Network on all the TVs in the cardio room, lol.

Oh, now that's just brutally cruel! Every time my boyfriend has the Food Network on, I make him change the channel. Like I really want to watch some lady make nutritionally-void, yet droolingly appetizing cookies that I can't eat for several more weeks! Sometime I think I can smell the food as I'm looking at it on tv. Now that's messed up! ha

OMG - it's SO true! Every Friday we have a smorgasboard of bagels, cream cheese and donuts provided by the company! AND yesterday we celebrated "National PB & J Day" with a ton of PB and Jellies. I had my one tablespoon of natural PB and avoided the kitchen. There is ALWAYS food in our kitchen and every morning there is a chocolate basket that is full and a gum/candy basket that's full and of course it's empty every night. & people wonder why they gain weight and feel like crap!
Also, I attend & put on Commercial Real Estate Open Houses and the food catered at those things is ridiculous. But there I am, with my cooler in tow.

it's such a tease! and I think i also salivated at a pizza commercial the other night! The worst is putting the gyms and restaurants in the same shopping plazas! Gyms should be surrounded by an impenetrable bubble that doesn't allow you to smell food from the walk out of the gym to the car!!

When I am at home i go to the YMCA. Right as you walk out was a small table set up. One girl selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts the other selling girl scout cookies! Little winches.

When I am at home i go to the YMCA. Right as you walk out was a small table set up. One girl selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts the other selling girl scout cookies! Little winches.

Krispy Kreme's AND GS cookies?! Cruel. So very cruel. Pretty sure I would've had a meltdown on the spot.

I watch food network so much more when I'm dieting. I also bake TONS! :eek:

And time just seems to stand still when you know it's getting close to meal time! I have 15 minutes until i eat and it's taking an eternity!

I feel EVERYBODY's pain! LOL

awful of them to do that to us...

My problem is the office. I swear everyone has their bottom desk drawer looking like the snack food aisle at your local Quik-E-Mart. Plus we do these catered lunches (I love them when I'm not dieting) or drug reps will pay for a mini-buffet (steamed shrimp, broasted chicken, sides, deserts, etc.). As you can guess, there are few or no underweight people at my office, including myself.

The worst is when they bring back something from Five Guys Burgers and Fries or Wings-to-Go. I can smell that on the other side of the building.

Not to mention, we're near a restaurant area so there's all you McD's, Burger King, Five Guys, etc. all over the place and when the wind is right, the air is just thick with the sweet smell of nutrient-poor delicacies. I actually think I absorb calories from the air I'm breathing.

I just think when you start putting your body into semi starvation mode that you become much more sensitive to these things.....I get comfort from watching Natalie eat some foods that I would want....Its strangley soothing to me for some reason I have no idea....She of course eats like two bites of something and is full and doesn't want any more which perplexes me as I don't think it would last all of five seconds in my hand....lol

So far during my prep it hasn't been "bad" yet but I am starting to get hungry everyday and it won'tbe much longer until I watch teh food channel all the time....:eek:

Really no other way to put it. this is only my second diet and i am pushing it a bit harder this time (and hope it is enough). NEVER thought i liked tasty foods soooooo much. when i can have em i don't really want em, but now that i can't have anything i want, i want EVERYTHING!!! this sport is insane. STEELE

So true! I thought I was the only one who, when dieting, craves food that I normally wouldn't even touch! But it seems like when I can't (or as others say - "choose not to" ) have the food , it's SO much more appealing.

IM NOT DIETING RIGHT NOW BUT I DO REMEMBER THOSE DAYS.... I CRAVED THINGS I WOULD NEVER EVER WANT....

OUCH OMG I LOVE FIVE GUYS.... :D

IM NOT DIETING RIGHT NOW BUT I DO REMEMBER THOSE DAYS.... I CRAVED THINGS I WOULD NEVER EVER WANT....

OUCH OMG I LOVE FIVE GUYS.... :D
Five Guys will burn in hell for what they've done to me.:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear