over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yes another acne thread but from another angle

maza

Newbies
Boys
Ive been training my 16year old son in the gym and he making great gains and strength gains,
But i understand puberty can be a bitch he is getting bad acne on his face.
When i was younger also had bad acne, so there is a genetic cause.

Im thinking the main culprit from all my research is the whey protein powder and milk i give him. He wasnt that bad a few weeks back

I usually do 250ml or so of dairy milk, scoop of the whey, maybe scoop or rolled oats and add peanut butter.

I have stopped the shakes for a week so far and his skin has improved.

He likes his daily shakes and i only give him one a day.

My option now is probably go the pea powder route or rice protein route, maybe egg white powder, the cow milk will be
eliminated and changed to coconut milk or almond milk.

Am i on the right track?
Anything else i could change shake wise to get him extra calories during the day?

Any other alternatives i could do shake wise?

simple carbs can increase acne as well. Gotta look at his skin care practices as well. What is he washing his face with, how often, moisturizer? Get him professional facial to do extractions

This is a hormonal problem, to what extent is protein powder going to increase the problem? Not too much. In addition, fats and carbohydrates can also cause acne, so we are at a dead end.

I wouldn't give him rice or pea protein, just try food.

Whey is fine for my skin, no acne break out but why milk? Use water instead. Problem solved.

Give him more! Increased acne probably means his IGF and GH is high. Some actually think milk proteins should be avoided since the increased IGF could increase cancer risk.

I would take the acne as a good sign but that's just me. I woulld try other avenues to reduce the acne instead of taking away milk proteins.

Get him to a dermatologist. That’ll help way better then any OTC stuff would. Wish my folks would’ve done this for me during puberty. I’ll be taking my son when that time comes around. That is if he’s concerned over it. Which 99.9% of teenagers are!!!!!

Cage

Boys
Ive been training my 16year old son in the gym and he making great gains and strength gains,
But i understand puberty can be a bitch he is getting bad acne on his face.
When i was younger also had bad acne, so there is a genetic cause.

Im thinking the main culprit from all my research is the whey protein powder and milk i give him. He wasnt that bad a few weeks back

I usually do 250ml or so of dairy milk, scoop of the whey, maybe scoop or rolled oats and add peanut butter.

I have stopped the shakes for a week so far and his skin has improved.

He likes his daily shakes and i only give him one a day.

My option now is probably go the pea powder route or rice protein route, maybe egg white powder, the cow milk will be
eliminated and changed to coconut milk or almond milk.

Am i on the right track?
Anything else i could change shake wise to get him extra calories during the day?

Any other alternatives i could do shake wise?
Keep him Low sugar. Avoid trans fats , Processed/Fast Fd meals. Ice Cream Is a Huge culprit . Knew a girl in school that started working at an Baskin(she was cute too) but got horrible acne and had to get special permission to get Accutane. Of course a good day and night cleaning. I used Differin®️Face & BodyWash w Spot Treatment(Target) worked.

Max

It's probably way more the other dairy than the protein powder , most people see a lot of benefits when they cut it reduce dairy.
id just use the almond milk with his protein shake
but also as it's been mentioned simple sugars an trans fats can amplify acne as well

If you think his skin is really that sensitive to dairy just swap out whey for egg white protein powder and almond milk. Blend in a banana and oats for carbs. In all reality at 16 as long as he's getting enough calories he will make progress.

if he's 16 his appetite should be though the roof. picture the man you want him to be, sitting at a table after training eating meat and potatoes, not carrying an exotic shake in a sippie. maybe teach him to cook, cooking sucks but its something he will have to do.

Get him to a dermatologist. That’ll help way better then any OTC stuff would. Wish my folks would’ve done this for me during puberty. I’ll be taking my son when that time comes around. That is if he’s concerned over it. Which 99.9% of teenagers are!!!!!

Cage
They are happy to give things like Aldactone and Accutane out like candy, I wouldn't touch that crap if I was a teenager.

if he's 16 his appetite should be though the roof. picture the man you want him to be, sitting at a table after training eating meat and potatoes, not carrying an exotic shake in a sippie. maybe teach him to cook, cooking sucks but its something he will have to do.
I grew up on protein shakes, it was a hippie thing before it was even a bodybuilder thing I think, my parents had been doing it since they were kids and they never lifted.

Know someone in my gym who was having severe and visible acne. Saw him months later and his skin is completely clear which I mentioned. He said it was the protein causing the acne and after cutting it , the acne disappeared. He cut dairy in general though. Depends on your race too. Europeans seem to tolerate dairy better than others for example.

I grew up on protein shakes, it was a hippie thing before it was even a bodybuilder thing I think, my parents had been doing it since they were kids and they never lifted.
I remember when I first walked into a gnc in high school, I looked at the stuff on the shelf and looked at it like I looked at AAS now (actually more powerful as I think proper training and diet are as important as AAS now).

I was so amazed by the canisters of protein, creatine, and scared at the same time. Now a days when I walk by GNC in the mall I just roll my eyes lol.

I feel like now days the hippies probably use the plant based shakes, picture a canister with brown, green, white, colors of the earth. While guys like us use the optimum/dymatize, canisters that are bright/bold colors marketed to look hardcore.

I remember when I first walked into a gnc in high school, I looked at the stuff on the shelf and looked at it like I looked at AAS now (actually more powerful as I think proper training and diet are as important as AAS now).

I was so amazed by the canisters of protein, creatine, and scared at the same time. Now a days when I walk by GNC in the mall I just roll my eyes lol.

I feel like now days the hippies probably use the plant based shakes, picture a canister with brown, green, white, colors of the earth. While guys like us use the optimum/dymatize, canisters that are bright/bold colors marketed to look hardcore.
Muscle tech in a nutshell lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner