over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

people who talk to much

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone else have anyone disruptive in their life because they just talk too much, need small talk, won't end a conversation?

For example, a land lord or neighbor who as your walking to the gym or carrying in goceries needs to greet you as you walk by and ask you "hows your diet" "how was your day" etc? When your carrying things.

Or even co-workers who just want to small talk and prevent you from getting work done. I can see if you have interests in common like fitness or sports, but people who just talk just to avoid silence I find annoying lately.

Last but not least, people at the gym. Your focused, in the mood to workout, and every time they walk by you they need to smile or want a head nod or some sort of acknowledgement, or to start a convo. OR who just always want advice, some want in-depth stuff? Ever just tell them "im a trainer I can write you a diet if your my client."

Maybe its being dieting and on tren but this is starting to annoy me lol. I go to two gyms, one no one speaks to you, another, in a nicer area, theres just guys who go around chit chatting with everyone, workin out, random subjects. There are even hurds around 4pm that stand in a circle and talk for 20 minutes between a set.

Does anyone else have anyone disruptive in their life because they just talk too much, need small talk, won't end a conversation?

For example, a land lord or neighbor who as your walking to the gym or carrying in goceries needs to greet you as you walk by and ask you "hows your diet" "how was your day" etc? When your carrying things.

Or even co-workers who just want to small talk and prevent you from getting work done. I can see if you have interests in common like fitness or sports, but people who just talk just to avoid silence I find annoying lately.

Last but not least, people at the gym. Your focused, in the mood to workout, and every time they walk by you they need to smile or want a head nod or some sort of acknowledgement, or to start a convo. OR who just always want advice, some want in-depth stuff? Ever just tell them "im a trainer I can write you a diet if your my client."

Maybe its being dieting and on tren but this is starting to annoy me lol. I go to two gyms, one no one speaks to you, another, in a nicer area, theres just guys who go around chit chatting with everyone, workin out, random subjects. There are even hurds around 4pm that stand in a circle and talk for 20 minutes between a set.

Gym- wear headphones and a hat. Wear the hat real low.. people wont try to talk to you.

Life- just talk as you're walking away.

I dont have time for bs watercooler talk and that's how I do it.

I may be a prick though lol

Start eating ALOT of baked beans and unapologetically fart while people talk to you. Then laugh and say "DAMN! Now THAT was rotten!" People will quit talking to you, and you will find a fun new way to amuse yourself.

It's society and you can blame social media for having a huge hand in this. Everyone is absolutely obsessed with being acknowledged, "followed," paid attention to etc. I'm someone who minds his own business and keeps to himself and I can say with absolute certainty that some people cannot handle that. They're so preoccupied with every person liking them and paying attention to them that when someone doesn't their whole world collapses. This happens everywhere, but the gym is obviously the worst because people are so insecure and this is where it shines. The guys wonder why I don't fucking care how strong they are and how much they're lifting and the girls wonder why I'm not staring at them (quick glances, I never let them catch me:cool:).

It's also inverse in that they're obsessed with knowing what you're doing so they can compare themselves. I have a logbook and I can tell by people's facial expressions when I happen to look up that they're thinking

"What's he writing?"

"What does he know that I don't?"

"Is his training program better than mine?"

I'm not saying everyone needs a logbook; if you don't want to have one, don't. But a lot of people don't have a clue what they're doing in the gym and at the same time have an inflated ego that what they are doing is the best. So when someone comes along that makes them question that, their two reactions are animosity and curiosity.

If you can learn to monopolize conversations in a James Spader like way, you'll never fall victim to someone's babbling again.

not a big fan of chit chat either. usually cuz i am stoned tho.
-F2S

Even worse is when these chatty people pour on fake compliments and expect you to return them. F that.

I learned this from my grandfather, who was a no BS, old-school badass type of guy. He was a quiet, introverted guy but always studying people and could school anyone who messed with him.

But what he told me, is literally act like you are deaf. Let the person talk to you and no matter how much they ask if you can hear them, if you're ok etc, just act like there is nobody there. They always quickly got the hint. He was a super cool guy that would sit and chat over some drinks on his time, but he hated BS small talk while he was working or focused on things or just minding his own business and that always worked like a charm for him. Makes you look weird but he didn't GAF.

Many people are uncomfortable with just kkeeping to themselves and their own thoughts. And some people are just lonely and seek out some companionship. I will spend some time with them and just think of it as charity work.

I learned this from my grandfather, who was a no BS, old-school badass type of guy. He was a quiet, introverted guy but always studying people and could school anyone who messed with him.

But what he told me, is literally act like you are deaf. Let the person talk to you and no matter how much they ask if you can hear them, if you're ok etc, just act like there is nobody there. They always quickly got the hint. He was a super cool guy that would sit and chat over some drinks on his time, but he hated BS small talk while he was working or focused on things or just minding his own business and that always worked like a charm for him. Makes you look weird but he didn't GAF.

I love it, sounds like he was my kinda guy and a great man and role model. My grandfather was a stern-no nonsense guy also, as I get older I realize that is the best way to be. I can't stand people who just talk for the sake of talking or care what anyone thinks of them.

Before I even finished reading your post, I was thinking... this sounds A LOT like me when I'm in a prep for a show lol. There's something magnetic about you too, I believe, when you're in a prep. My self confidence goes up, I'm looking noticeably different / better to those who do know me, so people get attracted to that. I often put in the headphones at the gym and am curt with people if I'm not in the mood to chat, which I'm usually not in the end of a prep. I avoid eye contact too, which is often a sign to some people to leave you alone. Yet, some people don't pick up on these signals. Some people don't pick up on the signals to end a conversation either. I ran into a friend at the store during a prep once. I was running late for work. I explained this to him, and that I needed to leave. Kept asking me questions, I said i need to go again and start walking away. He follows me continuing to talk. I just waved my hand and left with him still jabbering away. Also - if possible go to a different gym for an escape. That's kind of my go to when I'm really not in the mood for chit chat.

so many people are oblivious nowadays...to their surroundings, to how other people perceive them, to social cues. people's awareness levels seem to have tanked since the advent of the cell phone and the growing popularity of social media. Coincidence? Then there are people who just don't give a fuck about anyone or anything other than themselves. Some probably know this about themselves and some maybe not.

I'd have zero problem politely telling someone i'm in a hurry or can't talk at the moment and excuse myself and move away and the rest after that is their problem.

Even worse is when these chatty people pour on fake compliments and expect you to return them. F that.

It seems with humans, they always want something in return. Giving you compliments only to expect getting some compliments of their own. There's always some kind of incentive. Rare are the truly meant compliments that are just given without expecting something back.

My lovely wife won't be quiet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It just really depends on the situation.

I think there is a time and place for conversation, but I find most people in the gym to be a bunch of fukktards with attitudes. Some of the "i'm too serious to talk" guys are just as irritating as the yappers. I just don't dig the whole "I'm mad look" guys...but I will agree that some guys talk too much, or play on their stupid phones too much. So without writing a book, i'll state again, it just depends.

If you are unapproachable, then you are probably a tard.

If you talk too much, or to the point where you are keeping people from using the equipment, then you probably need to quit.

I wear my ear buds and hat, but if somebody comes up and talks to me, I take respectful time to at least hear them out. If they are holding me up, I just tell them I got to hurry to go home and see my kids. If it's the rare beginner wanting to ask questions or advice, i'll take my time to help them or give answers because I was once in their spot. This is rare these days though because everybody with a social media account is an expert with all the answers already. If it is a regular Joe I see all the time, I nod or have a quick few sentences, as there isn't much to discuss from the last time we talked. If it's an old buddy I haven't seen in awhile, i'll take time to catch up.

The only time I really cut it short (because I have kids I want to see at home before mom puts them to bed), is on leg days, when it's busy after New Year, or when I have to hit up Costco afterward:cool:

Bunch of anti social mutha fuckers in this thread..... LOL

Some of the "i'm too serious to talk" guys are just as irritating as the yappers. I just don't dig the whole "I'm mad look" guys.

I agree.... THOSE guys to me are worse actually.... THOSE guys are the reasons why most people think bodybuilders are assholes.... the hoodie, the pissed off look, slamming weights, grunting.... is that shit really necessary?? im not saying to be a social butterfly but shit...at least crack a fuckin smile...LOL

Just my .02....

I agree.... THOSE guys to me are worse actually.... THOSE guys are the reasons why most people think bodybuilders are assholes.... the hoodie, the pissed off look, slamming weights, grunting.... is that shit really necessary?? im not saying to be a social butterfly but shit...at least crack a fuckin smile...LOL

Just my .02....

I agree 100%. I think we are about the same age, ill be 50 in January, and I think part of the problem is generational. People that act like that do give bodybuilders a bad name, and really irritate me too. If one got stuck under a bar when benching I would take my sweet time getting over to help him. When we grew up we were taught to not act like that. I don't usually start talking to start talking to strangers, but I will nod and say how's it goin when I walk by someone.

It just really depends on the situation.

I think there is a time and place for conversation, but I find most people in the gym to be a bunch of fukktards with attitudes. Some of the "i'm too serious to talk" guys are just as irritating as the yappers. I just don't dig the whole "I'm mad look" guys...but I will agree that some guys talk too much, or play on their stupid phones too much. So without writing a book, i'll state again, it just depends.

If you are unapproachable, then you are probably a tard.

If you talk too much, or to the point where you are keeping people from using the equipment, then you probably need to quit.

I wear my ear buds and hat, but if somebody comes up and talks to me, I take respectful time to at least hear them out. If they are holding me up, I just tell them I got to hurry to go home and see my kids. If it's the rare beginner wanting to ask questions or advice, i'll take my time to help them or give answers because I was once in their spot. This is rare these days though because everybody with a social media account is an expert with all the answers already. If it is a regular Joe I see all the time, I nod or have a quick few sentences, as there isn't much to discuss from the last time we talked. If it's an old buddy I haven't seen in awhile, i'll take time to catch up.

The only time I really cut it short (because I have kids I want to see at home before mom puts them to bed), is on leg days, when it's busy after New Year, or when I have to hit up Costco afterward:cool:

Just my .02....

I'm with you guys. I happen to be pretty friendly to people in general so I would hate to think I'm the kind of person being described in this thread.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws