advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many total sets weekly per each body part works best for you?

How many work sets weekly provides the most muscle size?

• Total voters

DOOGIE DOG

Registered
How many total work sets on average per each body part provides you with the most muscle hypertrophy?

Around 10 intense work sets "warm up sets not included" each week gives me the most muscle size.

I follow a DC approach where each bodypart is hit x2 every 8 days with 1 exercise per bodypart and 1 set per exercise.
So, that would be 2 sets every 8 days - seems to work, as I am not only beating log book, but looking better too (I think?)...

I've been doing 16 sets per week for the large bodyparts, 12 to 14 for bi's and tri's. The past few weeks I've been feeling tired and my tendonitis in the shoulders, elbows and knees has been increasing so I am backing off on volume. After reading up on DC training and Big A's growth principles article I plan on doing one work set after warm ups twice every 8 days. I bet this will alleviate the tendonitis and recharge my cns. I'm hoping the change in training style will also yield some nice gains.

I voted 16+ it is what i am doing not neccessarily what i think is best, recovering from shoulder surgery no heavy lifting for me.

Ideal for me would be 6-8 working sets

How many total work sets on average per each body part provides you with the most muscle hypertrophy?

Around 10 intense work sets "warm up sets not included" each week gives me the most muscle size.

for me personally....i like 10-11 sets for chest...back....delts etc

and 8 or so sets for arms....calves...ect

i stick with 10-12 reps.....and train to about 90 percent of failure.....i use rest pause.....drop sets......to shock the muscle but usually train to just a rep or two of hitting failure......i think 10 sets is plenty......none of that 20-25 sets for me.....that is a bit overkill in my personal opinion.

i personally think you can grow from 1 working set as well as multiple (6-10). intensity just becomes a factor. im training DC style now so i train very intense and feel like i am going to true faaiilure after the RP set. i literally feel exhausted, almost sick from pushing so hard.

when i do switch to multiple working sets, i train very hard to not to the point of almost killing myself like i do with DC.

both have their place

My German Volume/HIT System

I like to alternate between the German "10 sets method" and HIT.

Last edited:
I do 3 sets per body part 2x's a week

I do 4 sets of 12 once a week, but that's because the gym is the opposite way of home from work so I try to keep my trips as few as possible (3 a week)

I started doing crazy 8's workout out that a friend of mine showed me. Crazy pumps!!

depends on your size and how much muscle you have. bigger muscles get worked quicker and need longer to recover so not as many sets are needed for growth.

depends on your size and how much muscle you have. bigger muscles get worked quicker and need longer to recover so not as many sets are needed for growth.
Then this would mean quads need less work sets than biceps and I am no so sure about that one!

Then this would mean quads need less work sets than biceps and I am no so sure about that one!

did not mean muscle groups i meant the size of the person as a whole. muscle groups is a different story since some are used differently. A 250lb bodybuilder will not need to do as many sets to get good pumps and achieve hypertrophy in their muscles compared to a 150lb lifter.

wow i guess i go too hard, im doing 12 to 14 sets for major bodyparts and 9 sets for smaller parts. I incorporate drop sets, supersets, rest pause etc. im training everything almost twice a week except quads. i split them with hams and im doing cardio 4 times a week but thats during the day. oh yeah and im cutting with 2355 calories a day but i got test E 400mgs weekly and just added the tren yesterday.

imo if you go hard on your quads once a week 12 sets that enough, i split them with quads one week and hams 12 set the other. i also feel that the larger the muscle the more stress it needs but i could be completely wrong.

WOW, are you fuckin kidding me? Talk about a completely irrational fear of overtraining!

I perform 20-30 sets for chest, back, legs, and shoulders, about 15-20 for triceps, biceps, calves and abs. Each muscle receives at least 3-5 days of rest before being worked again.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131