over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Best Training splits

I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Tuesday: hams quads

Wenesday: off

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

Dante,
I understand the RP sets. But when you mention STRAIGHT set, is that set taken to failure too (without the two additional breathe/repeat/fail phases)???
Thx

Dante,
I understand the RP sets. But when you mention STRAIGHT set, is that set taken to failure too (without the two additional breathe/repeat/fail phases)???
Thx

Yes failure

Thanks Dante. I guess "all out" should have been a hint for me lol....

Without reading every thread on here thats how I'm training right now and making pretty good gains.

Mon / Thurs is Chest Back Delts
Tues / Fri is Legs Arms Abs

I typically like to do chest & back back and forth. So I'll bench press then do chins. After thats all done I'll do a quick shoulder workout since my delts are already done.

Legs I do by themselves. But then arms I'll go back and forth between a seated db curl and then lay back with a db and skull crushers back and forth kind of thing.

I think Big Yates did a similar split with a few more days off between workouts during his BRitish nationals prep.

I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week
Dante,
Is that still rotating three movements per bodypart?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

If you read through all the posts, he addressed it. Essentially said this split is for advanced guys who already know which exercises work best for them and only need to rotate once you stop progressing. Check it out above for exact verbiage.

Dante, I love DC training and have done it on and off for years. One thing I never understood was how you decide who was a beginner vs intermediate lifter? I am a life long natural so I will never really be as big and strong as an enhanced guy no matter what I do. That being said do you take that into consideration when deciding on a split?

Also, I notice that when I get up to the tip-top of my working weight, I tend to compromise my form or use some body English to try and eek out another rep or more weight. This usually works a few times for that lift, but I feel like I take the load off my target muscle group. Would you rather see a guy try and beat his log book, or swap out movements when that sort of thing starts happening?

Thanks.

Dante, I love DC training and have done it on and off for years. One thing I never understood was how you decide who was a beginner vs intermediate lifter? I am a life long natural so I will never really be as big and strong as an enhanced guy no matter what I do. That being said do you take that into consideration when deciding on a split?

Also, I notice that when I get up to the tip-top of my working weight, I tend to compromise my form or use some body English to try and eek out another rep or more weight. This usually works a few times for that lift, but I feel like I take the load off my target muscle group. Would you rather see a guy try and beat his log book, or swap out movements when that sort of thing starts happening?

Thanks.

I think time in matters yes....it really matters how long someone is taking doing warmup sets to get to their working sets....thats a good determination on beg to int....

Id like to see the guy use some body english or wraps or whatever to get what he can out of an exercise at the end of it but if he ever felt he could be injured...time to switch it out.

If you read through all the posts, he addressed it. Essentially said this split is for advanced guys who already know which exercises work best for them and only need to rotate once you stop progressing. Check it out above for exact verbiage.
Thanks buddy missed that part.[emoji106]

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

4 day training schedule i dont work body parts i work movement's ill do heavy log pressing then barbell rows then push the prowler or heavy carries, or press and deadlifts, squats and some upper back work prowler or heavy carries if im weak in a area ill do some rep work

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

I can't wait until I go to the gym later and murder some mother fucking weights! lol:headbang:

DC, your style of writing has always pumped my ass up over the last 20+ years:cool:

I feel like a broken down old station wagon right now, but this thread, and others like it in the past, keep me chugging along. CVan't believe i'll be 41 next month:star-war:

Before running into health issues (and being natty) my biggest/strongest was rotating the following

Chest/Back
Shoulders/Arms
Legs/Abs

5x per week so hitting everything 2x every 8 days and making sure I would beat the log book and get stronger on a big compound movement

At my biggest and strongest ever I was on DC 2 way, M W F with weekends off. Spoke volumes to me that 3 days a week was more then enough training. I wasn't a pretty 302lbs but damn it was awesome lol.

I lost my way at some point, life gets in the way and have not trained that way in a quite a few years. I really want to go back to it but at 42 now, my joints will not handle it. The higher rep ranges for the rest pauses should help.

The other thing is my lower body is now a strong point. Squats and deads are my favorite days but I don't want or need to hit legs twice a week anymore. But upper needs the frequency.

I feel best now with Squats on Mon, Bench on Wed, Deads on Fri with accessory exercises to go with each day. I look good, nice and thick but my upper needs help, chest and delts aren't the same and arms have suffered as well.

I'm thinking of adding bench work to Mon and Fri, and making Wed a shoulder and arm day exclusively. My thinking is with chest twice and the delt/arm day I get the frequency I need. Thoughts from Dante or anyone of my brothers here appreciated...

At my biggest and strongest ever I was on DC 2 way, M W F with weekends off. Spoke volumes to me that 3 days a week was more then enough training. I wasn't a pretty 302lbs but damn it was awesome lol.

I lost my way at some point, life gets in the way and have not trained that way in a quite a few years. I really want to go back to it but at 42 now, my joints will not handle it. The higher rep ranges for the rest pauses should help.

The other thing is my lower body is now a strong point. Squats and deads are my favorite days but I don't want or need to hit legs twice a week anymore. But upper needs the frequency.

I feel best now with Squats on Mon, Bench on Wed, Deads on Fri with accessory exercises to go with each day. I look good, nice and thick but my upper needs help, chest and delts aren't the same and arms have suffered as well.

I'm thinking of adding bench work to Mon and Fri, and making Wed a shoulder and arm day exclusively. My thinking is with chest twice and the delt/arm day I get the frequency I need. Thoughts from Dante or anyone of my brothers here appreciated...

So squats with bench Monday, bench Wednesday, dears and bench Friday and some accessory work each day? Or did I misread?

So squats with bench Monday, bench Wednesday, dears and bench Friday and some accessory work each day? Or did I misread?

No bench Wednesday, making that a delt /arm day. Bench with squats Mon and with deads Fri.
And when I say bench it's incline Monday and decline Friday, don't need much if any isolation work for pecs.

I've been training with powerlifters, so they have that mindset of training the movement rather then the body part. My strength is great but I miss the bodybuilding part of lifting. So I guess I'm looking to hybrid the two. Like DC is in a way.

I just know that I love squats and deads and want to keep them every week while increasing frequency of upper body work. That's why I want to add the extra chest work and have one day dedicated to delts/arms. Sorry for the confusion.

No bench Wednesday, making that a delt /arm day. Bench with squats Mon and with deads Fri.
And when I say bench it's incline Monday and decline Friday, don't need much if any isolation work for pecs.

I've been training with powerlifters, so they have that mindset of training the movement rather then the body part. My strength is great but I miss the bodybuilding part of lifting. So I guess I'm looking to hybrid the two. Like DC is in a way.

I just know that I love squats and deads and want to keep them every week while increasing frequency of upper body work. That's why I want to add the extra chest work and have one day dedicated to delts/arms. Sorry for the confusion.

And your dead set on only working out 3 days a week?

And your dead set on only working out 3 days a week?

2 reasons...

Life right now is busyyyy, so it's ideal. Cardio and core on the other days but heavy training for 3.

As said in my first post, I was biggest and strongest on 3. I feel like I overtrain on 4+ days. I know 4 is perfect for what I want to do but I'd like to avoid it and see if I could condense everything into 3.

Hey, if it can't be done then I get it. But I love training threads so figured we can all brainstorm on this idea. I know I'm not alone on wanting to train 3 days.

Last edited:
2 reasons...

Life right now is busyyyy, so it's ideal. Cardio and core on the other days but heavy training for 3.

As said in my first post, I was biggest and strongest on 3. I feel like I overtrain on 4+ days. I know 4 is perfect for what I want to do but I'd like to avoid it and see if I could condense everything into 3.

Hey, if it can't be done then I get it. But I love training threads so figured we can all brainstorm on this idea. I know I'm not alone on wanting to train 3 days.

true. u dont grow in the gym. u grow outside it.

I like

Saturday off.

abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Saturday off.

I trained DC for 5 years straight, love and believe in the system..Scott even helped me with DC too..
I also used to rotate DC and Mountain dog also.Love them both!
Prior to DC I used BFT and worked with Trevor Smith and later Matt Duvall in person .
But I love this split,and have been doing it the last two weeks..

I like

Saturday off.

abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Saturday off.

Any advice on someone needing more quad and calf size

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member