over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Best Training splits

Bump to keep a great thread going....anytime Dante talks training it's legit...

Competition prep vs off season

I think time in matters yes....it really matters how long someone is taking doing warmup sets to get to their working sets....thats a good determination on beg to int....

Id like to see the guy use some body english or wraps or whatever to get what he can out of an exercise at the end of it but if he ever felt he could be injured...time to switch it out.

Dante,
What adjustments (if any)would you make with regards to competition prep training vs how you approach off-season? And what training split in your opinion is the best for prep as far as maintaining size, lean and recovery?

For ex- 3 days on 1 day off vs 2 days on 1 day off etc

I think you guys know my preference. That's a total body workout 3X a week.

But what I have been experiencing is my glut, quads and pecs can only really take a good hammering Monday and Friday. I have been peradizing my training by making Wednesday a lighter day witch has been working out well. How ever I feel like the smaller muscles like bi's can take more of a regular beating and not require the lighter day. I'm wondering if training frequency is as unique to everyone? I have tried and keep my diet on point but I still need Wednesdays to be a lighter day to keep moving forward with my training.

What is the most productive split you guys have had? This is assuming your gear and food was on point.

CG

Monday-Chest/Shoulders/calves

Tuesday-Back

Wednesday -Off

Thursday-Legs

Friday-Arms/Forearms/Calves

Saturday and Sunday-Off

*abs done before each workout.....none on off days

I've started back up doing high frequency low volume and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Starting tommorow I'll be starting the split Dante recommended at the beginning of this thread

I've started back up doing high frequency low volume and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Starting tommorow I'll be starting the split Dante recommended at the beginning of this thread

What does a typical session look like for you?

Been following Jordan Peters style 3 on 1 off for last 10 weeks with outstanding results.

Legs quads (6-8 sets), Hams (4 sets)
Pull Back (8 sets), rear delts (2-3 sets), biceps (3-4 sets)
Push Chest (8sets), delts (4-5 sets), triceps (3-4 sets)
Off
Legs Hams (6-8 sets), Quads (6 sets)
Pull same as prior workout
Push same as prior workout
off

3 variations of each bodypart rotated. All rep ranges covered. Journal all lifts and try to beat the numbers each time I come back around to that variation.

I warm up the first two exercises the same way as him as well and love it. only does 1-5 reps to save energy and to build up to that 1 or 2 hard working sets

after 12 weeks going to deload for 2 weeks then start again. I'm up almost 30lbs in bodyweight and strength is through the fricken roof. I also follow his philosophy on gear usage and it works. currently using inj dbol/oxy .5ml prior to each session (1hr). will never use oral dbol or oxy again. currently Using 1000mg of test and 800mg of mast enanthate. I built up to these numbers btw. not going any higher on test.

My only issue is not getting enough food in. I just can't eat that much. I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Been following Jordan Peters style 3 on 1 off for last 10 weeks with outstanding results.

Off
off

3 variations of each bodypart rotated. All rep ranges covered. Journal all lifts and try to beat the numbers each time I come back around to that variation.

I warm up the first two exercises the same way as him as well and love it. only does 1-5 reps to save energy and to build up to that 1 or 2 hard working sets

after 12 weeks going to deload for 2 weeks then start again. I'm up almost 30lbs in bodyweight and strength is through the fricken roof. I also follow his philosophy on gear usage and it works. currently using inj dbol/oxy .5ml prior to each session (1hr). will never use oral dbol or oxy again. currently Using 1000mg of test and 800mg of mast enanthate. I built up to these numbers btw. not going any higher on test.

My only issue is not getting enough food in. I just can't eat that much. I'm stuck.
How many exercises you using per body part?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Professional Muscle mobile app

What does a typical session look like for you?

Well last night was chest, biceps/forearms, and 1 exercise for shoulders. Looked like this
1 set rest paused of incline smith machine presses for 11x6x3 reps
1 set rest paused dumbbell hex press:10x5x3
1 straight set incline machine presses managed 16 reps and 6 partials
hammer strength preacher machine:16x7x4
hammer curls:9x5x3
straight set of cable curls 14 reps
1 set rest paused smith behind the neck press:12x7x4

And that was it for this workout. 7 total working sets. Took around 50 minutes with warmups

Off
off

Protei shakes with oats and olive oil or Greek yoghurt and granola is fairly easy to get down even after a meal

Off
off

So what would a workout look like that covered these different rep ranges? What is his philosophy on gear usage? And like someone else mentioned. 1 scoop of protein at the end of a couple meals a day is an easy way to boost protein. A little olive or coconut oil mixed in will help boost calories as well

Well last night was chest, biceps/forearms, and 1 exercise for shoulders. Looked like this
1 set rest paused of incline smith machine presses for 11x6x3 reps
1 set rest paused dumbbell hex press:10x5x3
1 straight set incline machine presses managed 16 reps and 6 partials
hammer strength preacher machine:16x7x4
hammer curls:9x5x3
straight set of cable curls 14 reps
1 set rest paused smith behind the neck press:12x7x4

And that was it for this workout. 7 total working sets. Took around 50 minutes with warmups
Are you warming up on the straight sets or going right into it?

Are you warming up on the straight sets or going right into it?

No need to warm up for the straight set. You should be plenty warm from the previous sets. I may do 1 feeder set or so just to gauge where strength is at to know what weight to go with

If you read through all the posts, he addressed it. Essentially said this split is for advanced guys who already know which exercises work best for them and only need to rotate once you stop progressing. Check it out above for exact verbiage.

I was reading through this thread and wondering on the "rotation" as well but missed that!

Thanks.

I'm currently running a similar layout to Humana using a 3 on 1 off push/pull/legs with good results. I think the two keys to any program are intensity and recovery. Also, adherence for some of us folk that tend to get bored ;).

I always start each day with a focused compound on the heavy side of 5-8 reps per set. From there I work on varying techniques depending on the day, like: Tempo work, drop sets and supersets (when I hit a sticking point). I typically periodize my training volume so I start at the lower end of things at the beginning of a mesocycle and taper up to near over reaching before taking a deload. This usually happens over the course of 8 weeks before I need to back it down.

Dante - How do you came up with the 2 way split?

Dante, you wrote on another board that you tried a lot of combinations but the order of your 2 way was the best of all. Could you explain why? Why you are putting biceps instead of another bodypart to the lower day?

Also, why not a push/pull 2 way?

- Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Calves, Quads
- Biceps, Forearms, Hams, Backwidth, Backthickness

Chest, biceps.
Legs, core
back,
off
Shoulders, triceps. core
off
repeat

Last edited:

Staff online