over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

current diet

so what do you think shelby about a person figuring out there tdee and then just adding 500 calories onto it on training days and 250 calories on rest days?

for example im 5ft 10 at 192 pounds at 11% bf... my tdee is 3182 so on training days im planning on running a diet at 450 calorie surplus with a macro split of 44% pro/42% carb/14% fats. with protein at 2g per pound bodyweight.

and on rest days i was planning on running a 250 calorie surplus with macros of 46% pro/36% carb/18% fats.

however that means im eating 3630 calories on surplus days and 3400 on rest days...

seems alot more then you and im only 192 pounds?

am i doing something wrong?

Hey Shelby , with the fat content being what it is in that diet do you add any omegs-3 caps at all or do you rely totaly on your food for the good fats??

Yes I take fish oil caps everyday... also evening primrose oil.

so what do you think shelby about a person figuring out there tdee and then just adding 500 calories onto it on training days and 250 calories on rest days?

for example im 5ft 10 at 192 pounds at 11% bf... my tdee is 3182 so on training days im planning on running a diet at 450 calorie surplus with a macro split of 44% pro/42% carb/14% fats. with protein at 2g per pound bodyweight.

and on rest days i was planning on running a 250 calorie surplus with macros of 46% pro/36% carb/18% fats.

however that means im eating 3630 calories on surplus days and 3400 on rest days...

seems alot more then you and im only 192 pounds?

am i doing something wrong?

Again, I don't really go by calories when I create a diet. I'm also not a fan of strict percentages. Both of those work, but my mind is set up to look at each meal in terms of macros. That's just how I've always done it.

As for that being enough for you - it might be, it might not. It just depends on your individual metabolism. You can't just go by bodyweight and say "I weght XX so I need XY amount of calories". It just isn't that simple.
You can use bodyweight as a starting point, but like I keep trying to say - you have to monitor closely and adjust based on how things are going. Nothing is static.

cool understand completely

so would you say you have a slow metabolism?

cool understand completely

so would you say you have a slow metabolism?

Genetically, yes. I've built it up over the years by adding muscle mass, but it still wants to be slow.
I get away with eating a lot of calories at certain times because I get very lean for contests.

Great information. Great thread. Great people.

Thanks for it all.

great article

so in order to get enough protein no matter what shelby what do you recommend...im 192 pounds trying to hit 205

around 400g of protein?

great article

so in order to get enough protein no matter what shelby what do you recommend...im 192 pounds trying to hit 205

around 400g of protein?

400g should be more than enough, yes. Just make sure fat and carbohydrate are in line too.

thanks brother

last question shelby

what do you bleieve the genetic potential is of someone 5ft 10 at around 10% bf and 192 pounds. do you think i am nearing it?

thanks brother

last question shelby

what do you bleieve the genetic potential is of someone 5ft 10 at around 10% bf and 192 pounds. do you think i am nearing it?

I'm pretty sure at one point in his life, Jay Cutler was around 5'10, 192 pounds, and 10% body fat.

Does your diet change depending on what you'd workout?

Like let's say leg day is a priority, would you adjust your diet a bit on leg day?

Does your diet change depending on what you'd workout?

Like let's say leg day is a priority, would you adjust your diet a bit on leg day?

If I'm really hungry after a leg workout, I might increase carbs a bit, or add another meal.

Are any of your egg meals (1st and penultimate) raw?

Are any of your egg meals (1st and penultimate) raw?

No, I lightly fry them on an electric skillet with a light coating of coconut oil. I leave the yolks runny.

and here's a picture of my dog

Attachments

• jared.JPG
    jared.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 428
thanks for sharing shelby. and thx for posting the Aceto blog. great read!

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I just re-read something on this board. I was thinking about using Powdered Muscle from TP or that DAA T-Booster from TP. Then, I see you use Powdered Muscle & Anatrop. What's Anatrop and which would you pick between the two if you had to?

This if for enhancing your workout; during or pre. Whatever gets the blood flowing and doesn't leave me as tired. My routine is low volume, moderate frequency, high intensity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity