over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone not eat 6-8 meals a day?

Is there any real evidence that eating 6-8 times vs. 3-4 times/day is better?

I remember there was a study done comparing 6 small meals to 3 bigger meals a day and the result was there wasn't a difference. This is still a controversial subject.

But for me personally, I would say if i'm bulking I wouldn't notice a difference eating 3-4 big meals a day. Especially if I eat a lot of carbs, i'll have energy all day. Bit if i'm dieting than I would eat 5-6 meals a since i'll probably need the frequent meals for more energy.

if you can't eat it then drink it. 3 meals a day plus 3 shakes is a decent amount of feedings.
if you want it bad enough you will do it. most jobs have people that take cigarette breaks. you can down a meal in the time someone smokes a cigarette i bet. so no one should give you shit. if they have time to have their precious smoke you have time to EAT.
-JS

That's always what I say if someone says "man your always taking a lunch break? when they see me eating. It takes 3 minutes and I'm done faster than they are with having a couple smokes!

Bioelectrical impedance test? Like the scale that you stand on barefoot and it tells you your bodyfat %? I hope you're not referring to this and have actually had a more precise test. I have one of those. I have a skinny kid as a friend who has never worked out but is skinny/fat (little pudge on his stomach and lovehandles).. told him 4%..

I was 4 weeks out of contest prep, shredded and it told me 20%.. don't tell me those things are even remotely accurate.

if you are referring to something else - please forgive my ignorance.

I'm really not giving you too much shit.. 240 with a 36" waist at 5'10 is by no means small.. Couldn't you be better though? If you really thought about it? Tried a little harder? ate a little better? oh well..

Yeah those scales are way off! I think if you are bigger with more muscle mass they measure you at a higher BF percentage.

You are right about diet... It is the most important part of the equation. I too am 5-9 and 240 with a 36" waist and do not consider myself lean right now. I am going to start dieting seriously real soon but the reason I am at those stats is due to a little lack of discipline on my part! I also eat when hungry about 6 times per day.

Yeah those scales are way off! I think if you are bigger with more muscle mass they measure you at a higher BF percentage.

You are right about diet... It is the most important part of the equation. I too am 5-9 and 240 with a 36" waist and do not consider myself lean right now. I am going to start dieting seriously real soon but the reason I am at those stats is due to a little lack of discipline on my part! I also eat when hungry about 6 times per day.

I didn't think anyone would believe me if I said I was 5'10, 240, and had a 36-37" waist. hahaha I'm not super lean but you can see my abs anytime I flex them... I feel like more people will believe me now that you admitted that size too.

I am on Team Hernon also so naturally I am eating when hungry.

I have noticed that if I eat chicken I will eat more times per day than if I eat beef (usually 2 more meals!). Something about the beef even when at the same macros just keeps you fuller longer, also noticed I get much better gains in the gym on beef ;)

Last edited:
Metabolism!

I will say, since I started eating 6-8 meals, maintaining my weight at a reasonable body fat percentage has been much easier. I can contribute this to an increased metabolism. Higher percentage of proteins versus fats and carbs plus my eating frequency has kept me in much better shape.
I even some serious cheat days and don't gain any poor mass (fat). And I'm almost 35. (damn, I'm getting old!)

I will say, since I started eating 6-8 meals, maintaining my weight at a reasonable body fat percentage has been much easier. I can contribute this to an increased metabolism. Higher percentage of proteins versus fats and carbs plus my eating frequency has kept me in much better shape.
I even some serious cheat days and don't gain any poor mass (fat). And I'm almost 35. (damn, I'm getting old!)

Sorry but this is a lot of BS.

Where do you see any study that shows that higher meal frequency gives a higher metabolism?

Please show me that thins, because for me it is really weird...

Muscle drives metabolism. The more you have the more you burn. Meal frequency and amount effects absorption.

This is another question...

Yes i agree, more muscle higher metabolism.

But i never see anything real about meal frequency vs calories burned.

The unique thing is the TEF = termogenic effect of food, and it is the same in 1 meal, or 10 meals if we talk about the same amount of food.

Don't see a direct relation between higher meal frequency and metabolism.

altough, if anyone tell me that someone with a higher metabolism THAT NEED TO EAT MORE CALORIES need to eat more times? Yes agree. But someone that has 3k calories can eat it easily in 3-4 meals.

my 0,02$

Can't believe no one mentioned...

LBAs by now.

They are a lifesaver if you are having trouble getting enough food due to a busy schedule or lack of appetite.

They don't need to be kept cold.
They can be used anytime.
They don't take up much room if you pour them into a little water bottle or somethign.
They take literally 10 seconds to drink or less.

If UR hungry (or due a meal if eating by the clock) open the bottle, take a swig.... its that simple.

metabolism is right, but you crank your meta up by the way you workout, and muscle is whats requiring the food, not how often you eat.

if i'm wrong, i stand corrected, but this is how i understand it.

I have to eat around 6 times a day or so, or I have tendency to loose control and cheat too much with eating. If I eat on a schedule, I never have hunger issues.

with all this being said, i just want to add that i can see a point to not eating when you are hungry, but eating when you are not hungry seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

with all this being said, i just want to add that i can see a point to not eating when you are hungry, but eating when you are not hungry seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

How so? If I never get hungry, I can control my intake of calories. How is that bad?

person a and b

I am guilty of being person b for about a decade.................since becoming person a, I have a normal life, better marriage and social life in general, stopped getting sick all the time, feel better and look better. I urge everyone to take a step back and look at their lifestyle........could it be better? ........maybe more efficient and less complex?

i eat at least 6 meals a day, & did so when i lost 40 lbs.as long as your eating clean food, you can eat 6 meals and still looze wait. if i don't eat every 2 and a half hours i'm hungry.

How so? If I never get hungry, I can control my intake of calories. How is that bad?

My opinion:
if you never get hungry, there is a problem with your metabolism/workout or even something more serious that should be looked at.

the reason i believe what i said is because i would rather be too lean than too fat, so eating when you are not hungry, as in just because 2 hours are up, would be bad, and waiting until 2 hours are up even though you've been hungry for a half an hour, while not ideal, would not be as bad.

i wouldn't make a statement regarding someone who "never gets hungry" because i don't know what that is like.

just my opinion, based on my goals, and what i've learned so far.

also, i like that this thread has gotten so long. i've read every post.

EDIT: my mistake; you meant that you are eating before you get hungry, so you are never hungry. when i first read it, i thought you meant you never get hungry. if this works for you than obviously it's a good way for you to eat. my misunderstanding. i don't think that would work as well for me as eating when i am hungry. that's all.

Last edited:
i can tell ya that many pros do not eat every three hours ect.. my buddy dave who had a great national level build thought it was silly.. he would eat a large breakfast because he was always starving in the morning.. but that breakfast was sometimes just a big bowl of cereal and maybe a protein drink.. 4 or so hours later would be lunch.. if he were hungry mid afternoon he would drink another shake... dinner was late.. and depending on how late dinner was maybe a shake before bed.. dave lived with lee haney for a spell and said that lee ate like a normal person in the offseason except bigger quantities.. three meals a day and a shake..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131