advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Huge Honor was bestowed upon me today.

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am truly honored and grateful to be named the Head Coach of the Special Olympics Powerlifting Team here in my area. I don't take this task lightly and I will give all I have to do the best job I can for the kids on the team, their parents, and the Special Olympics. I am really excited so I might have got a little ahead of myself, there is some paper work that has to go through before it becomes official. I just really want to thank the Special Olympics for giving me this opportunity.

congrats. what kind of routines are you going to have them do?

I've seen them doing a lot of working with down's syndrome boys in the area of powerlifting, and they are very strong for their weight and they think it might be because they don't understand the concept of "heavy" so they don't already put that mental block on themselves with the expectation of weight, its pretty interesting stuff.

thats great brother congrats. it really means the world to those kids to be able to get out there and compete.

I thought you were going to announce me as your friend.:D

All kidding aside, Tony you are the perfect person for that job!

Your a good man. You have my respect. I'm sure they will inspire you, and bring a lot of happiness.

thats great aeliop or son takes part in the wheel chair races. you dont have to worry about those kids they will give you all they have. this may sound funny but we seen them running races and there shorts or sweats fall completely to there ankles and they never stop running till they finish the race.

This will be something that will be mentioned in your obituary

Hopefully not for a very long time tho'. I volunteered at the Manhattan ASPCA for 2 years. There is nothing I have ever done that makes me feel better about myself.

You are making me jump back into the "giving back" game. I'll keep you all posted.

Cherish each moment Greek. You have my admiration.

Not sure yet

congrats. what kind of routines are you going to have them do?

I will be the first to admit that my Powerlifting knowledge is a little limited right now but I do have an ace in the hole. The gym that I train my clients at orlando barbell is owned by Powerlifter Brian Schwab. Brian sponsors a powerlifting team that trains at the gym and includes Elite Fitness and APT Wriststrap sponsored Joe Jordan. I get along pretty well with the guys and I am actually pretty good friends with Joe and Brian. They have agreed to give me some education and I have been learning a lot from them so far. Brian actually trains the best Special Olympic Powerlifter in the area (but on another team), a kid named CJ. I like the kid a lot but now he is the enemy...lol

And I know I got all you guys on Promuscle to help me as well.

Nice to hear from you E.

Your a good man. You have my respect. I'm sure they will inspire you, and bring a lot of happiness.

Thanks E, I hope to see you soon. I hear you are getting big. You coming down for the Europa.

That's really cool.

Through my work, I recently became a big brother for a young kid that has some pretty serious learning disabilities. I wish that I had half of the drive, determination and will power that some one these young kids possess. No is not an option for some of these little guys and they give it their absolutel 100%.

You will be rewarded greatly!

You are my friend

I thought you were going to announce me as your friend.:D

All kidding aside, Tony you are the perfect person for that job!

Greg that goes without saying we are friends. Hey I drove 3 hours to meet you didn't I? You know Greg I hope so. Right now the program as a whole is a little down but who knows maybe I can give the Special Olympics an extra guy to talk to the area business and get them some support and exposure. Who knows but I know that I will pour my heart and soul into it.

wow.......big honor
enjoy the shit out of it
:)

Thats awesome man! Congradulations.

I will be the first to admit that my Powerlifting knowledge is a little limited right now but I do have an ace in the hole. The gym that I train my clients at orlando barbell is owned by Powerlifter Brian Schwab. Brian sponsors a powerlifting team that trains at the gym and includes Elite Fitness and APT Wriststrap sponsored Joe Jordan. I get along pretty well with the guys and I am actually pretty good friends with Joe and Brian. They have agreed to give me some education and I have been learning a lot from them so far. Brian actually trains the best Special Olympic Powerlifter in the area (but on another team), a kid named CJ. I like the kid a lot but now he is the enemy...lol

And I know I got all you guys on Promuscle to help me as well.

Are you going to his meet this weekend?

What a great role model they will have.

This will be a very fulfilling part of your life so enjoy it. It will be challenging and full of unexpected rewards.

V.

Thats awesome man! Congradulations.

Are you going to his meet this weekend?

I was thinking about, it is out at Universal Double Tree right?

hahaha.........most of the weights will be out of the gym this weekend for the meet. You think they could get away with that at a corporate gym? I guess Brian figures all the real lifters will be at the meet the rest can use the machines.....haha

I am truly honored and grateful to be named the Head Coach of the Special Olympics Powerlifting Team here in my area. I don't take this task lightly and I will give all I have to do the best job I can for the kids on the team, their parents, and the Special Olympics. I am really excited so I might have got a little ahead of myself, there is some paper work that has to go through before it becomes official. I just really want to thank the Special Olympics for giving me this opportunity.

WOW..That is one hell of an honor!!! Congrats Aeliop, a task like this doesnt just fall on your lap out of nowhere.

I've seen them doing a lot of working with down's syndrome boys in the area of powerlifting, and they are very strong for their weight and they think it might be because they don't understand the concept of "heavy" so they don't already put that mental block on themselves with the expectation of weight, its pretty interesting stuff.

i have read similar things about children, why they can seem so strong for their size.

Man that is awesome! Congrats, I know that will be a rewarding experience. I have always wanted to get involved with special olympics somehow, can you tell me how you became involved and the process it takes to be a coach? Thanks, and congrats again.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws