over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AAS + blood clot disorders gave me a heart attack

Bump in honor of Frank Hillebrand. Don't become the next sad story in here :naughty:

@mikevegas and maldorf- correct me if I'm wrong, but it is best to donate RBC's not whole blood, correct?

My opinion is yes because one of the things that most contributes to blood thickness, and as well is something AAS is known for, is an increase in RBC count. So when you get specific and donate straight RBC, it's like going right at the heart of the problem.

@mikevegas and maldorf- correct me if I'm wrong, but it is best to donate RBC's not whole blood, correct?

Call me ignorant, but I never even knew that you could donate a specific cell type. Blessings. Minister.

I read this the other day, finally got into my doctor today, and had him give me a script to get that blood panel done for blood disorders. I'm about your age and just ready to dip my toe into the pool for the first time in years, but I'm going to hold off until I get results back. Just wanted to thank MikeVegas for bringing it to my attention, and to Maldorf of course, for as usual being the voice of reason here. Maldorf, a lot of guys are not going to realize the serious issues that you've prevented for them, but I know the fact they won't will make you happy.

I read this the other day, finally got into my doctor today, and had him give me a script to get that blood panel done for blood disorders. I'm about your age and just ready to dip my toe into the pool for the first time in years, but I'm going to hold off until I get results back. Just wanted to thank MikeVegas for bringing it to my attention, and to Maldorf of course, for as usual being the voice of reason here. Maldorf, a lot of guys are not going to realize the serious issues that you've prevented for them, but I know the fact they won't will make you happy.

Well, I hope that my advice might save some guys from going through what I have because it really does suck when you find out that your life expectancy has just been cut short 20-30 yrs! I try to keep my head up and stay positive, but its hard when your heart is as damaged as mine. Hopefully others can learn from me.

You can do what they call a double red. which is where your whole blood is taken out and run through a machine. SOmehow just your RBCS are taken out and then the rest of the blood goes back into your body. That will allow you to give 2x the amount of rbcs as a normal whole blood donation. Ive never done one becuase when I was trying to do them they wouldnt let me because my hemoglobin was too high. Stupid me, I just did my own in the freakin basement bathroom late at night. I should have seen a doctor and asked for a phlebotomy and monitoring. I do have a home hemoglobin meter which I reccomend anyone playing the games we do have for themselves at home.
So yeah, giving the double red will get you down faster, but they wont let you come back to give again for 2x the normal length of time. the end result I think is that over time either method will get your rbcs down the same amount, just that with the whole blood old fashioned methos youll have to make 2x the number of trips. If you can find more than one place to give blood, and the two places dont communicate, then some guys are able to double up and give at both places. I would wait at least 2 weeks before giving again if you do that. they will check your hemoglobin each time, so its safe. I think it only takes about 48-72 hours for your body to build back your blood volume after giving whole blood. it would of course take less time after doing a double red since the only part they took was your RBCs, and a lot of your blood volume is plasma(mostly water).

Thanks Man. I can't even begin to describe what it is like to be on the operating table and hear they are about to give you the anesthesia now. I've been anesthetized before,and knew that I had seconds before being unconscious. When it's a heart attack, you don't know if those are your last 5-10 seconds ever, but you have a full 5-10 seconds to think all about it.

I really, really hope you don't have to know what that feels like, and I hope you all take this shit seriously.

You can do what they call a double red. which is where your whole blood is taken out and run through a machine. SOmehow just your RBCS are taken out and then the rest of the blood goes back into your body. That will allow you to give 2x the amount of rbcs as a normal whole blood donation. Ive never done one becuase when I was trying to do them they wouldnt let me because my hemoglobin was too high. Stupid me, I just did my own in the freakin basement bathroom late at night. I should have seen a doctor and asked for a phlebotomy and monitoring. I do have a home hemoglobin meter which I reccomend anyone playing the games we do have for themselves at home.
So yeah, giving the double red will get you down faster, but they wont let you come back to give again for 2x the normal length of time. the end result I think is that over time either method will get your rbcs down the same amount, just that with the whole blood old fashioned methos youll have to make 2x the number of trips. If you can find more than one place to give blood, and the two places dont communicate, then some guys are able to double up and give at both places. I would wait at least 2 weeks before giving again if you do that. they will check your hemoglobin each time, so its safe. I think it only takes about 48-72 hours for your body to build back your blood volume after giving whole blood. it would of course take less time after doing a double red since the only part they took was your RBCs, and a lot of your blood volume is plasma(mostly water).

cool, that's what I had been doing....going to hold off on giving blood for a while as my most recent bloodwork showed my H+H to actually be a bit on the low side....and that's with having been on doc prescribed 300mg a week for close to 2 years

cool, that's what I had been doing....going to hold off on giving blood for a while as my most recent bloodwork showed my H+H to actually be a bit on the low side....and that's with having been on doc prescribed 300mg a week for close to 2 years

Sounds like youre one of the lucky ones! I would just go in then once they let you do it again. If your hemoglobin is too low they wil turn you down. THe wait is 3 months I think isnt it?

Sounds like youre one of the lucky ones! I would just go in then once they let you do it again. If your hemoglobin is too low they wil turn you down. THe wait is 3 months I think isnt it?

somewhere in that neighborhood I believe...120 days or so

Bumping this cause im kinda scarred. The past 2 days i have been feeling a dull pain sensation sorta between my left shoulder blade and spine. Feels like a muscle pain but the dullness seems underneath the scapula.

Sorry guys, i get super paranoid. Anybody ever feel this?

Bumping this cause im kinda scarred. The past 2 days i have been feeling a dull pain sensation sorta between my left shoulder blade and spine. Feels like a muscle pain but the dullness seems underneath the scapula.

Sorry guys, i get super paranoid. Anybody ever feel this?

I sometimes get aches and pains under the scapula, on either side. Probably yours is musculoskeletal. If the pain radiates out or becomes sharper or your anxiety gets worse, go get some help -- see a doc.

To relieve your anxiety, you should get a full cardiac workup soon.

I sometimes get aches and pains under the scapula, on either side. Probably yours is musculoskeletal. If the pain radiates out or becomes sharper or your anxiety gets worse, go get some help -- see a doc.

To relieve your anxiety, you should get a full cardiac workup soon.

My fiance says i worry too much. I check my BP 132/85. Its been around that range since my early 20's(when i didnt juice). Gonna get full blood panel soon. Need to call my doc. Thanks for the info BTW.

Emric...I under you're a professional BB and must have done longer and higher dosage cycles in your early days. How long did you cycle for before you found out about your condition?

My stats are
28 yo
started juicing at 26 year of age
Mostly test at 500mg.

certian precations i am taking right now are..
12000mg fish oil
400mg coq10
1200mg hawthorne extract
1 baby asprin
3000mg garlic tab

do i need anything else with this to keep heart healthy?

Thank you very much.

Adding ,l-proline,l-lisine,vit c, ginko biloba

Bump for my 2 year anniversary of surviving the heart attack :)

What AAS were you using ?

Dosage ?

were you an alcohol drinker? Did you do recreational drugs like coke or Ecstasy ?

Last edited:
Best to take thread from the top. Plenty of important info contained if u are really interested in being as safe as possible. Those questions answEred as well.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear