over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood work of a pro

Pretty impressive for a pro. I would like to see how "bad" some olympia guys bloodwork gets.

Shelby, i dont want to turn this into a q/a but I'm just trying to keep my health/longevity as best as possible. I see your list about and im taking 90% of it now. Would you mind sharing what you take or recommend on multi vitamins, joint support. As always, appreciate your information and time!

costco multi - 1x day
costco glucosamine - 2 caps per day

Good anti-inflammatory and also contains GLA which is basically a fat that burns fat.

Hi Shelby what brand of evening primrose oil do you personally use ? Thanks

Great to Hear Shelby thanks for sharing.

NOW brand super primrose

Thanks Shelby . How does this stack up against borage oil ? Now borage oil 1000 mg caps has 240 mg of GLA vs 1300 mg caps of evening primrose oil which has 120 mg of GLA. I have used borage oil few times in the past with ephedrine hcl use. Also on bb.com for evening primrose oil it says 'women's health' in description for some reason !lol wonder why ?

Shelby, thank you for sharing and participating in this thread!

I have a question about CV health... My biggest concern right now is getting a clot. I clotted after my transplant and required emergency surgery.

I am prescribed HRT, but haven't even taken my HRT from 2 weeks before surgery (July 6th) for fear of clotting.

I get bloodwork done twice weekly and recently I've been seeing my platelet count rise, but INR and prothrombin have been consistent.

I'll be going into clinic today but I already talked to my surgeons about nattokinase, ginger, kaneka Co q-10, curcumin and fish oil and they said I can take all but the fish oil. I am on Coumadin and a 325mg aspirin daily and they think the fish oil will thin blood too much..

Is there anything you'd suggest I discuss with my doctors?

Do you ever consider using Calcitriol (the active form of Vitman D)? What do you think about the non-calcemic derivatives?

I've been wanting to venture into this realm. Just wanted to see what one of the big guys have to say about it.

I have a question about CV health... My biggest concern right now is getting a clot. I clotted after my transplant and required emergency surgery.

I am prescribed HRT, but haven't even taken my HRT from 2 weeks before surgery (July 6th) for fear of clotting.

I get bloodwork done twice weekly and recently I've been seeing my platelet count rise, but INR and prothrombin have been consistent.

I'll be going into clinic today but I already talked to my surgeons about nattokinase, ginger, kaneka Co q-10, curcumin and fish oil and they said I can take all but the fish oil. I am on Coumadin and a 325mg aspirin daily and they think the fish oil will thin blood too much..

This is out of my scope, sorry Flex. Good luck with everything!

This is out of my scope, sorry Flex. Good luck with everything!

Very understandable... Lots of variables going on. I'm going to see if they feel it is of any kind of significance of if it just cause/effect from one of the meds I'm on counteracting the blood thinners

Thank you very much Shelby!

Last edited:

Will you be on coumadin for good? What dose do they have you take?

I believe Emeric was on coumadin at one time. If I remember correctly he was taking lots of fish oil then too. You might want to talk to him??

Ill be honest with everyone. I believe i recommended a brand of Tudca to Shelby (correct me if im wrong) and i know Ive recommended that brand to people on this board and facebook.
Im a little bit alarmed at that brand because Ive seen about 6 peoples bloodwork now (including two pro bodybuilders, not shelby) who were also running that Tudca from that company and the levels of toxicity shown on their bloodwork was still high. Tudca is a very potent strong supplement and should produce certain results and im not seeing those results with this companys product with the bloodwork ive been looking at....and now personally im starting to wonder if a company is selling Tudca because they are pretty much the only one in the game and making a killing on it.....yet there is no Tudca in the product.

Im saying these pro's are telling me they have been taking Tudca throughout while they are taking certain orals and IMO their levels should be much lower....they are off the charts still....even 4 weeks later after they have been off all orals the levels arent coming down to what I feel they should be at....and they are running tudca al during this.

It is seriously making me question the legitimacy of this certain companys product

Last edited:
If I was worried about, I wouldn't be doing it.

NAC - 2g daily
TUDCA - 500mg 2x daily
curcumin - 1 Life Extension superbio curcumin cap per day
citrus bergamot - 2 x NOW cholesterol pro per day
fish oil - 4g daily
evening primrose oil - 2600mg daily
ubiquinol - 300mg daily
baby aspirin - 1 per day
glucosamine - 1500mg daily
vit D3 - 3,000ius daily
Vit K2 - 1 Life Extention Super K cap per day.
Thank you for taking the time to list out these numbers Shelby, they're very helpful!

Will you be on coumadin for good? What dose do they have you take?

I believe Emeric was on coumadin at one time. If I remember correctly he was taking lots of fish oil then too. You might want to talk to him??

Right now I'm on an alternate dosing schedule, 2mg-1mg-2mg.... And so on.

How long I'll be on it has not been decided. Everything depends on how my bloodwork looks and scans and stuff come back.

They'll likely bump it up to 2mg/day today.

I'm going to bring up fish oil and see what they say. If they veto, I'm not going to use it on my own. I'm on do many meds I'm not trying to screw things up by taking something they don't think I'm using

Though I love curcumin it will also thin your blood. I had to stop taking that and fish oils prior to surgery a few months back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Ill be honest with everyone. I believe i recommended a brand of Tudca to Shelby (correct me if im wrong) and i know Ive recommended that brand to people on this board and facebook.
Im a little bit alarmed at that brand because Ive seen about 6 peoples bloodwork now (including two pro bodybuilders, not shelby) who were also running that Tudca from that company and the levels of toxicity shown on their bloodwork was still high. Tudca is a very potent strong supplement and should produce certain results and im not seeing those results with this companys product with the bloodwork ive been looking at....and now personally im starting to wonder if a company is selling Tudca because they are pretty much the only one in the game and making a killing on it.....yet there is no Tudca in the product.

Im saying these pro's are telling me they have been taking Tudca throughout while they are taking certain orals and IMO their levels should be much lower....they are off the charts still....even 4 weeks later after they have been off all orals the levels arent coming down to what I feel they should be at....and they are running tudca al during this.

It is seriously making me question the legitimacy of this certain companys product

If you don't mind I'll share the brand I take. Olympus labs it's on amazon and probably the most cost effective one I've ever seen. My liver enzymes on cycle were normal which is insane with regards to what my blood work normally looks like.

My Hdl well that's another topic and my fault for not restocking my citrus bergamot.

Last edited:
Right now I'm on an alternate dosing schedule, 2mg-1mg-2mg.... And so on.

How long I'll be on it has not been decided. Everything depends on how my bloodwork looks and scans and stuff come back.

They'll likely bump it up to 2mg/day today.

I'm going to bring up fish oil and see what they say. If they veto, I'm not going to use it on my own. I'm on do many meds I'm not trying to screw things up by taking something they don't think I'm using

You don't take injectable glutathione? Seems you are the perfect candidate for it.

If you don't mind I'll share the brand I take. Olympus labs it's on amazon and probably the most cost effective one I've ever seen. My liver enzymes on cycle were normal which is insane with regards to what my blood work normally looks like.

My Hdl well that's another topic and my fault for not restocking my citrus bergamot.

Ive used 3 brands of TUDCA: Olympus Labs, Premium Powders, and Antaeus Labs Aegis. Bloodwork on the Antaeus labs was perfect, but I did not get it on the other two brands. Subjectively I could tell the Premium Powders brand was off, so I switched to Olympus Labs to find a more economically viable option.

Though I love curcumin it will also thin your blood. I had to stop taking that and fish oils prior to surgery a few months back.

The best part of surgery is how low your hematocrit gets right after :)

I think synthergine is really the way to go

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members