over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb rotation

FutureFreak

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
For pre-contest dieting, alot of people carb cycle with low, med and high days etc... I see some people doing this before they are even that lean. I have never done it and felt it was only beneficial unless you are ahead of schedule and need to keep muscle and your thyroid from slowing down. Also, to see how your body reacts to a certain amount of carbs ahead of time for the show. Well, I am, I believe ahead of schedule and might benefit from cycling my carbs? I am 9 weeks out at 6-6.5 %, so I would any experienced guys recommend just adding some extra cals in or begin cycling carbs? Any help would be appreciated, as I dont want to string out too soon.

personally i think you should always cycle carbs when dieting whether you ahead of schedule or not

On a high carb day, would I keep protein stapled, so it would also, be a "calorie load" or reduce protein for the increased carbs? I appreciate any knowledge/experience fellas.

I guess you could say, fat content doesnt really exist, since Im dieting at this point with white flaky fish. (Cod, tilapia etc...) I'd say the oatmeal is more fattening per se. Should carb sources always remain the same, so no shock to the system? My carb source at this point is oatmeal and ezekiel toast only, or would introducing yams, rice etc...be better for shocking or reving up my metabolism since Im not used to it? At the moment, my carbs are at 255-265 (g) I would perhaps do something like : 265, 200, 140, 400 ? I guess that would be like a med, low, low, high rotation. Keep the input rolling...

Three no carb days, two low carb days and two high carb days. - Would this be effective in kick starting a stalled metabolism?

Drudge said:
Three no carb days, two low carb days and two high carb days. - Would this be effective in kick starting a stalled metabolism?

When you say three no carb days do you mean not even oatmeal/green veggies on these days? I am just trying to visual meals through out the day. can you give some examples.

this is how i did my carb rotation diet...Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday were low carb days...Monday & Saturday were mid carb days...& Friday was my high carb day...you dont have to do it this way but this worked for me...

Low Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

Meal #5: (Pre-Workout)
(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
2tbsp Olive Oil

Meal #6: (Post-Workout)
(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

Mid Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

High Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

Dave_19 said:
When you say three no carb days do you mean not even oatmeal/green veggies on these days? I am just trying to visual meals through out the day. can you give some examples.

Sorry i meant low, med and high.

Thank you bigguy01, that was an example i was looking for. Ive always gone high protein low carbs or high protein high carbs but ive never cycled. Its definately something im going to experiment with.

bigguy01 said:
this is how i did my carb rotation diet...Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday were low carb days...Monday & Saturday were mid carb days...& Friday was my high carb day...you dont have to do it this way but this worked for me...

Low Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
2tbsp Olive Oil

(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

Mid Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

High Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil
Wow what do you weigh 120 lbs. 3 oz of chicken would starve you. Try to get your protein up my friend. There are some sticky's on this board in regards to PROTEIN. too much whey. lower the whey and make the chicken 6 oz ea.

bigguy01 said:

Low Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Veggies

(1) Whey
16oz Egg Whites
2tbsp Olive Oil

(2) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

Mid Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

High Carb Day...

Meal #1:
(2) Whey
2c Oatmeal

Meal #2:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

Meal #3:
(1) Whey
1.5c Oatmeal

Meal #4:
3oz Grl Ckn
1/2c Brown Rice
1/2c Veggies

(1) Whey
1c Oatmeal

(1) Whey
1/2c Oatmeal

Meal #7:
3oz Grl Ckn
1c Lettuce/Spinach
1tbsp Olive Oil

Bro, i would cut the veggies on the high days and the added fat, and add more complex carbs in there. Personally if i was u, i would try and get around 300g carbs on those high days, and more protein aswell. The added fat is good on low and med. days, but on high days you insulin levels are higher, and you dont want that stored as fat in my opinion. Last meal is fine on the high day besides needing more protein and of course cutting the fat. Deff. more carbs postworkout, prolly cut the carb intake for the first meal to 1cup of oats.

sage

Tough Old Man said:
Wow what do you weigh 120 lbs. 3 oz of chicken would starve you. Try to get your protein up my friend. There are some sticky's on this board in regards to PROTEIN. too much whey. lower the whey and make the chicken 6 oz ea.
i actually weigh 180lbs...not 120lbs!!! i am not a big eater, so what i do eat i have cram down...i know that i may take in a bit too many shakes but this how i have done it & it works for me...120lbs? thanx alot bro!!!

FutureFreak said:
I guess you could say, fat content doesnt really exist, since Im dieting at this point with white flaky fish. (Cod, tilapia etc...) I'd say the oatmeal is more fattening per se. Should carb sources always remain the same, so no shock to the system? My carb source at this point is oatmeal and ezekiel toast only, or would introducing yams, rice etc...be better for shocking or reving up my metabolism since Im not used to it? At the moment, my carbs are at 255-265 (g) I would perhaps do something like : 265, 200, 140, 400 ? I guess that would be like a med, low, low, high rotation. Keep the input rolling...

Check pm's brother.

BigSdawg said:
Bro, i would cut the veggies on the high days and the added fat, and add more complex carbs in there. Personally if i was u, i would try and get around 300g carbs on those high days, and more protein aswell. The added fat is good on low and med. days, but on high days you insulin levels are higher, and you dont want that stored as fat in my opinion. Last meal is fine on the high day besides needing more protein and of course cutting the fat. Deff. more carbs postworkout, prolly cut the carb intake for the first meal to 1cup of oats.

sage
yeah, i know i need to work on it some...everything i have done to this point is all me...i havent had any help at all other than the boards...i just posted this to show him how i carb rotate...hopefully i will have some good help soon to help out with things...thanx for you help!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws