advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dante: Where does True Protein get their raw materials.

i sure hope nobody is getting their stuff from over there...they didnt care to kill dogs here!

All the main pharmaceutical manufacturers, such as Bayer, Pfizer, etc, source most of their raw drugs from China now. It depends who you deal with in China. The old mentality was to rip everyone off, regardless of consequences. Now, you have the newer generation, who think properly and long term, so they do everything possible to match or beat the quality offered by the rest of the world, while maintaining the cheap prices.

You will find that china and india will be exporting proteins very soon

And to a very high standard from all the indications

where this is a market - these guys will ramp up

I would still rather keep paying what I am now and continue to NOT get my protein from china. Even if the quality is the same I like getting it sourced from here.

Funny how most of u guys don't mind pinning yourselves with GH or AAS manufactured in China, but yet you wouldn't buy protein from there... lol! :rolleyes:

Funny how most of u guys don't mind pinning yourselves with GH or AAS manufactured in China, but yet you wouldn't buy protein from there... lol! :rolleyes:

Very True!
Make sure your protein is usa, beef and eggs are from grass fed animals,
but the the main injectable part of the diet comes from China. :D

Like Big A said, it depends on who you deal with.

Ronny T from BoS says he has analyzed some Generic GH from China which was more pure than top Euro GH such as Norditropin.

So true. Leaves me scratching my head trying to figure that one out.

well actually, have heard of kids chewing on toys from china with lead paint, dogs eating tainted food that killed them, toothpaste that was hurting people also....so for something like protein in an unregulated market it would be tough to follow process and fillers etc...but when talking about aas, you have many people online reviewing particular products, along with their effects etc...essentially that "quality control"..hey may not be a great one but we can get an idea of what is out there...where as something like whey from china, when it is so readily available here and cheap....why even put the risk....gh..is another story...i wouldnt take gh from china...actually bought one once and gave it away to someone who swore they liked the brand

Now if we are talking protein powders, virtually nobody (I know of) would even consider getting protein powder from China but if you are talking raw ingredients, then China and Japan and other nations in the orient specialize in those and are known to make stellar products. I have to kind of laugh at this whole "made in america" schtick when the general public is continually getting scammed with it.

For instance: You see the made in America label everywhere but in alot of cases its a scam.....the product (toys for instance) were manufactured or made in China or some other Asian country and sent over here and THEN PACKAGED/BOXED IN THE USA (hence the "American product" label and "made in america" selling ploy).

Who makes some of the absolute best Amino Acids in the world? Ajinomoto out of Japan....their repuatation is just about top in the industry.
Who makes some of the best form of Creatine? Germany does. And I hate to say it but the Asian companies make some forms of raw ingredients that make their American counterparts seriously lacking in quality.

Very True!
Make sure your protein is usa, beef and eggs are from grass fed animals,
but the the main injectable part of the diet comes from China. :D

well we are inj stuff from china so why not smoke cigarettes too when done with cardio too...its a matter of risk/reward, diet is what is going to make us live longer or shorter in the grand scheme of things...just because one bad thing goes in the body should we then flood the body with crap!? nah

well actually, have heard of kids chewing on toys from china with lead paint, dogs eating tainted food that killed them, toothpaste that was hurting people also....so for something like protein in an unregulated market it would be tough to follow process and fillers etc...but when talking about aas, you have many people online reviewing particular products, along with their effects etc...essentially that "quality control"..hey may not be a great one but we can get an idea of what is out there...where as something like whey from china, when it is so readily available here and cheap....why even put the risk....gh..is another story...i wouldnt take gh from china...actually bought one once and gave it away to someone who swore they liked the brand

Jalsmiley have you forgotten that we have peanut butter manufacturers causing deaths, lettuce growers causing deaths, and in the states we arent exactly doing things to the letter over here.

List of foodborne illness outbreaks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if we are talking protein powders, virtually nobody (I know of) would even consider getting protein powder from China but if you are talking raw ingredients, then China and Japan and other nations in the orient specialize in those and are known to make stellar products. I have to kind of laugh at this whole "made in america" schtick when the general public is continually getting scammed with it.

For instance: You see the made in America label everywhere but in alot of cases its a scam.....the product (toys for instance) were manufactured or made in China or some other Asian country and sent over here and THEN PACKAGED/BOXED IN THE USA (hence the "American product" label and "made in america" selling ploy).

Who makes some of the absolute best Amino Acids in the world? Ajinomoto out of Japan....their repuatation is just about top in the industry.
Who makes some of the best form of Creatine? Germany does. And I hate to say it but the Asian companies make some forms of raw ingredients that make their American counterparts seriously lacking in quality.

yes, labels are manipulated in every fashion they can be...laws manipulated to allow for them to label as such etc...a big nasty money greed scheme! sux for us...and def these companies have such cheap access to raws and people to make such products so cheap and competitive that american companies probably dont dare to even try and compete...im sure someone here with the right people could make anything more pure etc but we def couldnt do it as cheap and that is the deal breaker for sure!!

Jalsmiley have you forgotten that we have peanut butter manufacturers causing deaths, lettuce growers causing deaths, and in the states we arent exactly doing things to the letter over here.

List of foodborne illness outbreaks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dont take me so literal...i def not saying we are perfect and things cant happen...thats a given shxt happens...and it happens everywhere!! the run off from factories and food processing to the fields that grow our fruits and veggies etc its gonna happen...and actually most of this occurrence happens in mexico but here too

I dont know anyone with just even a little bit of smarts who gets their protein powders from China. Besides the melamine scare, protien is extremely heavy.....there isnt a shortage of cows/dairy processing etc here in the states and it would be akin to "ordering concrete and having it shipped to here in the USA paying huge shipping costs versus buying concrete thats allready here in the USA".......Does anyone buy milk and ship it over from China? Same thing. Wouldnt make sense

Our protien powders (microfil, coldfil, ultra, concentrate, crossflow etc) come from here in the USA thru either the Dairy itself (usually all located in the upper northern section of the USA) or its co-company associate in packaging/processing (with whey being the byproduct of milk production).
The Ion Exchange is pretty much made by 2-3 companies alone in the entire world. The one in the USA struck a deal with Starbucks a couple years ago and shut us (and everyone else off) and signed an agreement to only deal with them....sent a letter to everyone else that they are being excluded due to this Exclusive Starbucks agreement. That protein cappacino didnt work out and that company had to come back to us and ask us to buy again (must of been kind of embarrasing)...so we buy Ion from both the USA company and that New Zealand company we used when the Ion was limited.
Protein is a power in numbers game. You have to buy huge amounts to get the prices you need to have. We send 6 to 7 figure checks out every month to certain dairies/whey processors to get the price point.....and thats for single proteins.......and thats buying pallets upon pallets upon pallets upon pallets.
$5,000 dollars gets you a price per pound that is sometimes higher than what Optimum nutrition sells for per pound on the shelf in RETAIL FORM! (jug/label/cap/heat seal/pre-labor/pre-profit) while 500 thousand dollars per order gets you a price per pound that destroys that 5000 dollar order price.
Sadly I cannot wait for GMP to fully take effect. I am allready seeing it and Doug (my business partner and I) are extremely happy with whats taking place. We have been inundated lately with company's wanting us to make products lately because the company's they did have making their products were "using concentrates instead of Isolates", doing it in the back of their Uncle Eddies garage, and buying just crap material. There is an outfit out my way within 500 miles of me that alot of you guys probably use their protein because it tastes good and its really cheap. And his protein changes every single month....LOL....he buys whatever is offspec and is available on the cheap every month, no matter how that protein is manufactured, markets it as a whey blend and then flat out scams everyone with an offspec (doesnt meet manufacturing standards) concentrate. People love it though and buy it in droves because his flavoring system is so good, some months you get severe digestion problems, some months you dont, it depends on what offspec protein he got a deal on...LOL
There is another large company on the East Coast whose destroying themselves....all of their customers are coming to us saying the same thing "they are scamming to stay afloat and use shoddy materials to make retail products, stomach problems etc"......listen there really isnt a million dairies and protein processing plants in the USA, we have virtually everyone who is out there available to us. When a company can make a finished isolate (jug, label, cap, heat seal, labor, ingredients, flavor) for someone else that is lower in price than just the raw material that doug and I can acquire for a 6-7 figure check....LOL.....you kind of figure out who is "straight out scamming" to stay alive in the recession with a offspec protein concentrate instead of the 93% crossflow isolate they were promised.
One of the worst decisions I ever made was getting into the protein business...but I am in it now and stuck. One of the best decisions I ever made was getting into the nutraceutical business/capsule business. Protein is heavy, alot of labor involved, the shipping of it to us and from us is OUTFREAKINGRAGEOUS because it is so heavy. The profit margin on protein is paltry.
Meanwhile, and you can see what and why companies become millionaires overnight. ALR Industries, Gaspari, Nutrex etc etc etc......anyone with a good capsule fat burner. I manufacture capsules for many company's. In alot of cases the raw materials for a bottle of 120 capsules costs about 1 dollar to 6 dollars (tops!!!!).....In alot (MOST) of cases the actual bottle, cap, and label costs more than the actual capsules inside.
So what you have is a capsule bottle that costs someone 3 to 8 bucks to make and they sell it for $29.95 to $69.95, it weighs a feather to ship, its small to ship and I can ship it directly to wherever they want me to.....bb.com, Europa, so they dont even have to worry about seeing it....it doesnt even go to them first, it goes directly to the distributor or supplement stores and they just continue to do the marketing.
Its pretty simple...
Sell 100,000 pounds of protein and you might of made a couple 100 thousand dollars but you subtract that profit because your shippng and labor costs are so outrageous. BUT....Sell 100,000 capsule bottles, with that outragous profit margin you just made up to about 6 million dollars. So you see how these capsule companies become millionaires overnight. Make a good capsulized product that works and gets a good groundswell of consumers who like it along with your marketing.....overnight millionaire.

Great info man!!!!

Its so true about getting digestion problems from protein powders. As soon as i started drinking TRUE PROTEIN i never had that problem again. I can drink tons of this stuff.

thanx for the information.
I've wasted so much $ in the past on stupid supps that did nothing for me. No more....

Like Big A said, it depends on who you deal with.

Ronny T from BoS says he has analyzed some Generic GH from China which was more pure than top Euro GH such as Norditropin.

I have heard this before too. We have purchased gh from many suppliers over there ever since it started being made for cheap some years ago. I have personally had scripts for american HGH ( many different brands). I have found the china HGH to be hit or miss. Lately it has been hit more then miss. Many years ago when we all started seeing the generic kits come out of china really cheap I would still rather pay more for a legit pharm script. Now a days if you can sift through the many manufactures over there and find yourself a good reliable one with decent vacuum sealing, you can consistently get HGH thats pretty dang close to what we have in the pharmacy in the USA.

I was not aware of the whey protein being made in the US and not china, that is very interesting but makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Thanks for the good info.

Z

DC,

Thats true, we have had US lettuce and Peanut Butter that was accidentally contaminated with e. coli or salmonella...

But the Chinese toothpaste was intentionally sweetened with Ethylene Glycol... For those reading who aren't familiar... Green Antifreeze is made from Ethylene Glycol. The chinese used it because it was cheaper than using glycerine to sweeten their cheap toothpaste.

One of the effects of ingesting ethylene glycol is BLINDNESS.

Scarey stuff eh?

what aminos do u get from from Ajinomoto ? these are higher in quality ??

DC,

Thats true, we have had US lettuce and Peanut Butter that was accidentally contaminated with e. coli or salmonella...

But the Chinese toothpaste was intentionally sweetened with Ethylene Glycol... For those reading who aren't familiar... Green Antifreeze is made from Ethylene Glycol. The chinese used it because it was cheaper than using glycerine to sweeten their cheap toothpaste.

One of the effects of ingesting ethylene glycol is BLINDNESS.

Scarey stuff eh?

I have heard of that also, no shit scary stuff all right. I am skeptical when it comes to products from China when I go into Asian Supermarket. Alot of rubbish in the contents and bullshit labels.

Dante From what i just read it would seem that a minimal investment would net a return on product larger percentage wise than even liquor ( any bar manager worth his salt runs at 12-14% liquor cost), on encapsulated products. now, i buy my products from you and you ship them right to me cheaper than i could driving to a store where i know a guy...lol. so with alittle cash and the right set up of an online store one could eliminate doing any work besides updating a webpage, tack on another 10% to the retail price of your products, you know for all my trouble setting up the website, and still be cheaper than almost any retail outlet, and trueprotien would do all the work. did i get that right?

Well I cannot take care of someone's business plan/ marketing/ sales/ side of things but yes I can manufacture virtually any product for anyone yes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear